Tony Abbot in near miss miss with a truck (1 Viewer)

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC
UPDATE 2.10pm: OPPOSITION Leader Tony Abbott was almost killed when a semi-trailer swerved out of control on a dangerous stretch of the Princes Hwy west of Geelong today.
The driver of the truck was forced to veer off the highway to avoid a mini bus packed with tourists.
A large media scrum of cameramen, photographers and journalists watched in horror as the trailer screeched and swung wildly back towards Mr Abbott’s white sedan, which was travelling north of Winchelsea.
The shocked Liberal leader and his minders were left shrouded in thick black smoke from burning tyres.
A clearly rattled Mr Abbott said motorists are “only ever one moment away from disaster.”
Ironically, Mr Abbott was in town to inspect the two lane highway, which the Liberal candidate for Corangamite, Sarah Henderson, and Senator Michael Ronaldson insist is a notorious black spot.
“I could not have had a clearer personal experience of the problems and perils of transport in this area,” Mr Abbott said.
“I’m just pleased and relieved that no one was hurt because it could have been a very nasty situation,” Mr Abbott said.
And he said he felt lucky that he only saw the accident after it had unfolded.
The semi trailer’s horrified driver pulled over on the side of the road and inspected his truck.
Mr Abbott commended the quick thinking of the driver:
“The driver did a great job in keeping his vehicle upright in that situation.”
Victorian Opposition Transport spokesman Terry Mulder, who was at the scene, said it appeared that the mini bus had slowed down forcing the semi trailer driver to swerve.
The mini bus did not stop, continuing on it’s path towards Colac.

“What we saw today is what people of the southwest face on a day to day basis," Mr Mulder said.
“You drive along the road, cars disappear in front of you in dips and reappear again.”
The near miss happened across the road from a giant billboard saying:”Chose a car that could save your life.”
The local members want a four lane highway to protect motorists travelling between Colac and Melbourne.

However, despite his first hand experience, Mr Abbott stopped short of pledging any funding to the duplication at this stage.
Sauce

They managed to catch it on video though...

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
miss miss MISS
i dont want him dead, i just want him out of parliament

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
This is a better way of putting it, but whatever gets the job done.
heh, yeah
im just thinking in terms of his family etc. im sure he's a nice guy/good family man, just a shit pollie

HSC
abbott seems like a pretty sincere, albeit crazy, pollie. he's also very smart.

HSC
I've learned one thing in my 1 year and 6 months in Australia and that would be that Ruddy is unpredictable, mm, makes you think, doesn't it:idea:?
how is rudd unpredictable? he runs like clockwork and is boring as all fuck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)