2010 State Election (1 Viewer)

3Gis2G

HSC
If you are 18 by then, who will you be voting for?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Hmmmmmmm

Tis a tough call for me, i'm so tempted to vote Liberal and most likely will seeing as the 3 stooges are still in Labor >.<"

Tangent

HSC
Hmmmmmmm

Tis a tough call for me, i'm so tempted to vote Liberal and most likely will seeing as the 3 stooges are still in Labor >.<"
but but but, what about the one big stooge in the liberal party? not to mention his budgie smugglers?

Tangent

HSC
wait wtf is the state election this year? thread title wrong?

i'd vote for the libs, but in terms of fashion stakes i'd vote for christina kenneallyhottie cos fuck she's such a milf. Seriously there should be a thread on barry vs christina
yeah, last election was in 2007. The government gets 3 year terms.

volition

arr.
HSC
I will be spoiling my ballot because voting changes little to nothing

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Hate to burst all your bubbles, but you're going to have to wait another year before venting your love or hate on the ballot. NSW state elections are on a fixed-term, four-year cycle. Last election was 2007. You do the maths.
Unless you're discussing some other state. You know, one that no-one cares about.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
this is such a fail thread. As moll eluded to state elections are 4 year fixed cycles. Used to be 3 but we voted for 4 year terms. Ffs us voters are idiots.
THIS IS WHY HAVING A HEREDITARY, CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCH WORKS. NO FUCKWlT REDNECKS TO VOTE FOR THE SMILING DUMBASS.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
...what moll said. i really should read the title properly.

only fed elections this year. and my point still stands
Indeed, but i skipped the thread title and just read the actual opening post XD

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Seriously, my plan to solve the Republican-Monarch debate in Australia:
Grab Prince Harry, give him an Aussie bitch, make him live here and tell him he's king of Australia and his granny can go fuck herself. Two generations down the line we get a monarch that's virtually pure Aussie.

murphyad

HSC
I wouldn't consider myself a liberal supporter but seriously, labor has been in power for way too long and seem to have lost touch with the electorate to an alarming degree, not to mention that every public project they touch seems to wilt and die. So I'm going to vote liberal.

Better yet, why not abolish state gvt altogether, enlarge councils and share state powers between fed and local gvts.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I wouldn't consider myself a liberal supporter but seriously, labor has been in power for way too long and seem to have lost touch with the electorate to an alarming degree, not to mention that every public project they touch seems to wilt and die. So I'm going to vote liberal.

Better yet, why not abolish state gvt altogether, enlarge councils and share state powers between fed and local gvts.
Shit yes last sentence. "Million citizens councils". 22 states.
At the very least either fucking abolish the State Senate because a bicameral system for a government which doesn't even have any powers is utterly useless, or make it so that a certain (reasonably high) percentage of federal party MPs cannot be elected unless they have served a term in State government (Independants are exempt). Because let's face it: Who the fuck aspires to being a Premier?

murphyad

HSC
Because let's face it: Who the fuck aspires to being a Premier?
One who sees themselves above the unpaid rabble of local government but who does not have the acumen or raw political talent to succeed where it counts - in Canberra.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
There are two state elections this year, both on March 20, despite the fact that no one cares I will just say that I am going to vote Green, because both Labor and Liberal are like the shittest of the shit in Tasmania and act like they were freshly plucked from a Grade 7 debating team.

Tasmanian politics is actually so pathetic right now, it angers me, which is reflected in the latest EMRS, which puts Labor (government) at 23% and the Greens at 22% statewide, which would have to be some sort of record?

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
what happened to getting rid of fixed terms? wasn't there a petition to get rid of it?

HSC
When is the voting? (Just curious as I'm not eighteen for another three months) And I really don't care

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)