recognition of "traditional landowners", aboriginal seperatism (1 Viewer)

do you support recognition of "traditional landowners" before functions?

• strongly support

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • support

• do not support

• strongly disagree with it

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malfoy-Sama

HSC
I have noticed that these days it is almost a requirement before functions to thank the "traditional land owners" for allowing us to use "their" land.

Does this bother anyone else?

the double standard with racism is ridiculous

what if we made the asians thank or acknowlede us, because we were here longer? or what if the white indigenous british made their black people thank them and get their blessing before doing any function?

there would be a massive ffucking human cry about it.

if there is one thing to learn from racism, it is that no land is more anyone elses than anyone else, just because some of their ancestors happened to have been living there longer than someone else

it is not anymore "their" land than anyone elses

also the thing with the aboriginal flag. imagine if WHITE people made their own racial flag that was flown on their public buildings etc

it would be banned and condemned as disgusting and racist

the aboriginal flag is essentially a racist symbol. it divides one race from the others saying they are different. this double standard is amazing.

dont people want RECONCILIATION? shouldnt we become closer together, under one nation, one flag, one people? not making different ones for different ethnic groups, having some groups have to thank other ones for using "THEIR" land???

only a fool wouldnt realise this is moving us further APART.

dont give me the "they are more disadvantaged" bullshit. it is completely irrelevant. racial seperatism is racial separatism. and racism (doing anything or making any distinction at all based on ones race) - is raccism.

discuss this crazy double standard we have with aboriginals.

dont get me wrong, i am not racist and i want the disadvantaged to be more equal.

i am one of the few people who is REALLY "color blind" ie i think we should see anything into race.... we are all just australian. we are all, aboriginals, whites, and migrants, equally entitled to this land...

madsam

God among men
HSC
on one side of the coin, we came here, pretended they didn't exist, and claimed it all as our own.
On the other side, they hadn't really progressed much technologically and junk, so if they had been connected to the mainland and made contact earlier, they probably would've been wiped out completely

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
Example 1.
I would like to show my respect and Acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the Land, of Elders past and present, on which this meeting takes place.

Example 2.
I would like to Acknowledge the _______________ people who are the Traditional Custodians of this Land. I would also like to pay respect to the Elders both past and present of the_______________ Nation and extend that respect to other Aboriginals present.
how is this offensive?

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
yes it is heaps offensive
like shooting a kitten with a bow and arrow
kicking a dog in the head
setting a child on fire

etc

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
if there is one thing to learn from racism, it is that no land is more anyone elses than anyone else
I'll tell my landlord he won't be getting his rent because the land I'm residing on is no more his than anyone else's.

The racist high court recognized that the common law grants native title to some indigenous Australians, a recognition that these people have rights and interests to their traditional land, and that these can co-exist with non-Indigenous proprietary rights.

Bigoted australian courts have also recognised indigenous land claims to traditional land inhabited before European settlement.

Malfoy-Sama

HSC
how is this offensive?

because its racist. it implies that they (an ethnic group) somehow have more right to the land whoever is using, and that even if that person has paid in full and worked hard for that land, they should be expected to acknowledge some ethnic group for "permitting" them to use their own land.

like i said, its a double standard. making black immigrants thank the white british in britain is the exact same idea

hence it is offensive

god this self-righteous politically correct left wing smelling-my-own-farts wankerism fucking irritates me

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
did you read those example statements? it's not about land ownership. it's about acknowledging and involving aboriginal people in public events.

Malfoy-Sama

HSC
did you read those example statements? it's not about land ownership. it's about acknowledging and involving aboriginal people in public events.

why should we acknowledge them? and not some other ethnic group? .. racism.

we should not aim to acknowledge or "involve" any group more than any other

omnipotent

HSC
Maybe next time I hold a party at my house I should acknowledge the Thompsons who lived here before me aye?
Everytime they say that at a school assembly it annoys the crap out of me. Almost no one actually gives a shit and it wastes a good 10 seconds of time.

redmayne

HSC
why should we acknowledge them? and not some other ethnic group? .. racism.

we should not aim to acknowledge or "involve" any group more than any other
Because they lived here for 60,000+ years and we came in, as an invading force, and dispossessed them of their land. The least we can do is a brief statement at the start of functions.

And the pitiful ranting and raving of an illiterate whinger like you isn't gonna change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)