mildly amusing nerd (1 Viewer)

cheesegrater

Overlord of the universe
Techie dubs first son Version 2.0

February 02, 2004
A SELF-described engineering geek has taken a software approach to naming his newborn son.

New dad Jon Blake Cusack decided that tacking Jr or II onto a boy's name was too common and talked his wife into naming their son Jon Blake Cusack 2.0.

Version 2.0 was born last Tuesday at Holland Community Hospital in Michegan, USA, and the proud parents took him home on Friday.

"I wanted to find something different to name him besides Jon Blake," Mr Cusack told his local newspaper, The Holland Sentinel.

He said he had had the idea for a few months, and spent the better part of that time persuading his wife to go along.

Jamie Cusack said she did not concede until the week before the birth. She said, having picked out the theme of the baby's room and done other things, "I decided to let Jon have this".

After 2.0's birth, the Cusacks sent out an electronic birth announcement.

"I wrote in the birth announcement e-mail stuff, like there's a lot of features from version 1.0 with additional features from Jamie," Mr Cusack said.

original but how whould you feel? id be pretty pissed off if i had a v2.0 slapped on the end of my name
from the Australian

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
if you got the shits with it, you could just shorten it to 2, which is a few rungs down on the nerd-o-meter

...and if he gets plastic surgery or a heart transplant or something, is he 2.1?

Last edited:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
that would be embarrassing going to school.. yes i have the same name as my father but i have a nerdy 2.0 attached to it
i dont get why people name their kids after themselves.. i mean they already have the last name isnt that enough to give them a name of their own

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
That's embarrassing 4 the kid but seriously in class and stuff his friends and teachers won't call him that........it's too long. They'll jus shorten it plus when he gets older he can change it and stuff.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
I can't even imagine how much this kid is going to get teased from his/her school friends and out of school life.

I feel bad for this baby.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cro_angel
i dont get why people name their kids after themselves.. i mean they already have the last name isnt that enough to give them a name of their own
I dotn care if their first name is the childs middle name but the full name of things like George Bush is just to scary.

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
Originally posted by cro_angel
that would be embarrassing going to school.. yes i have the same name as my father but i have a nerdy 2.0 attached to it
Nah it depends, im gonna name my son after me. So he becomes Dean Jr. or DJ. DJ Pham... yeah that sounds alrite... :p

Iunny

lol

who knows? maybe by the time the kid goes to school, the v2.0 or v3.0 will become a new trend?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
I was watching some SBS thing the other night and on of the anchors was named Bill Gaylord

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)