Call Centres (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
I kno i shouldnt watch todaytonight :eek:
but the story on call centres in India was interesting..

the story only pointed out tat they were outsourced due to price.
but being fair.. the operators in india are usualli as efficient and educated (university graduate level) as Australian counter parts

tho i must say that the union delegate on the program was unable to justify to me (employed nationalist argument) i should sotopdealing with companies tat use indian call centres.. i think ive wasted my 5-10 mins..

Should Australia be more competitive since our grad salaries are higher compared to india?

or

should we protect our nation's jobs at the expense of the products/services we use??

beyond the arc

the telco's out sourcing of call centre jobs to India is good business sense. reduces costs, not only employing staff but also the requirements of hiring those staff like leave etc. By out sourcing it creates a more effective and efficient business. Therefore reducing costs, which all businesses aim to do.

Why pay heaps of money for something that is not as effective or effiecient, when you can outsource to reduce costs, increase effectiveness and efficiency aswell as profits??
the answer is clear

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
We watched a video about this in geography; it's been happening for years. This particular program was about Indians pretending to be English though, they even studied things like the weather and soccer results so that people wouldn't know the difference.

I don't have any objection to having my calls answered in India [I suspect that it has happened to me before], but I understand that people might be upset in Australia or the other countries if they become unemployed because of it. So basically I'm indifferent. ;) If lots of people are going to get all offended by it, now that they know that it happens, perhaps the companies will rethink doing it?

Alexander

Gold Member
Yeah I saw a foreign correspondent program on it.
I think it's good that India's starting to have...what's the word...more importance to the rest of the world, because it's this big arse country with a billion+ people which you seldom hear about. It is comforting to see that not everyone there is trapped in crippling poverty.

Mark Latham

Unskilled labour deserves to stay in this country, and companies should pay Australian workers high wages even though they could get a much better deal in India. Its disgusting that recently companies have been relocating labour overseas to India.

Mr John Howard

You moron. Big business has been exporting labour to India for years. Where have you been for the past few years? Hiding in a housing commission home out West?

Maybe you should ask your dog/cat/goldfish wether im right or not.

Mark Latham

You listen to me Mr tits-for-brains-ass-hat-ass-licker-nancy-boy-pansy-homosexual (in a good way)-monarchist. This was only reported about a month ago in the SMH and the SMH never lies.

EDIT : I asked my goldfish, Nancy, and she said your probably right. Mr tits-for-brains

Ziff

HSC
N/A
That's the nature of globalisation. If Australia doesn't remain competative and start offering different services/products with it's available skill base then it is going to be left behind and rightly so. Companies will not want to deal with a country that cannot expand, adapt and offer new and better services. Another thing that goes hand in hand with that is education, the Indians are renouned for their education system especially in regards to maths and IT. Here, our education system is falling apart plus we're suffering a massive brain drain with lots of our uni kids going overseas.

Mr John Howard

Correct. Our public education system is NOT teaching various very valuable values to our children.

Shame on your public education.

I just got off the phone with God, and He verifys that Mr John Howard is indeed the original John Howard. This imposter who left his message above mine may or may not have links to extremist organisations such as MoveOn.org, Greenpeace, Pakistan and BET.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
lolz...its not just the IT area and the call centres...last monday...one of my teachers saw in news that Telstra have sent 400+ Accountancy jobs to India lolz.....perhaps we shud boycott Telstra...i guess it shud *not* be privatised!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by lil_star
lolz...its not just the IT area and the call centres...last monday...one of my teachers saw in news that Telstra have sent 400+ Accountancy jobs to India lolz.....perhaps we shud boycott Telstra...i guess it shud *not* be privatised!
man if they don't do that- they simply can't compete against optus and all that!! or maybe we all shuld move back to india and work for sub-standard wages. :D

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
lolz....i think Latham vs Howard game shud raise this topic...mite raise chances of either if they *promise* trying to stop jobs in australia:D otherwise people wud go hungry here and if telstra want to suceed they must lower their prices like optus and the rest otherwise tough luck :S

John Howard

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by George W. Bush
I just got off the phone with God, and He verifys that Mr John Howard is indeed the original John Howard. This imposter who left his message above mine may or may not have links to extremist organisations such as MoveOn.org, Greenpeace, Pakistan and BET.

Yes might that be why Im registered in Oct 2003 and he just registered this month?!

Futhermore: My sources indicate Mr John Howard and George W. Bush, might be the same person using two different names.
But my source of intelliegence are under review, and the Howard governement does not want to make another mistake like Iraq.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)