Tasers (1 Viewer)

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You have probably heard of the case of Roberto Laudisio Curti where the NSW Police used a taser against him after he allegedly stole a packet of biscuits. He subsequently died.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...cket-of-biscuits/story-e6freuy9-1226303311976

Whilst the use of tasers by police is perhaps preferable to a gun they are far more likely to be used. This is problematic as they are potentially lethal. I don't know how it can be justified to tase somebody over a packet of biscuits. Sure he may have tried to evade arrest, but even then you wouldn't shoot them with a gun so why should tasers be different? You don't know if somebody has a heart condition so police should act as if everybody does.

There have been disturbing examples of their use in the United States. Their use needs to be reigned in.

So do you guys support their use?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
You have probably heard of the case of Roberto Laudisio Curti where the NSW Police used a taser against him after he allegedly stole a packet of biscuits. He subsequently died.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...cket-of-biscuits/story-e6freuy9-1226303311976

Whilst the use of tasers by police is perhaps preferable to a gun they are far more likely to be used. This is problematic as they are potentially lethal. I don't know how it can be justified to tase somebody over a packet of biscuits. Sure he may have tried to evade arrest, but even then you wouldn't shoot them with a gun so why should tasers be different? You don't know if somebody has a heart condition so police should act as if everybody does.

There have been disturbing examples of their use in the United States. Their use needs to be reigned in.

don't care about what the daily telegraph says

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

you cannot "not support" taser use and let cops have guns

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I strongly support the use of tasers by police. It is better for them to taser someone than to shoot them with their a 9mm to bring them down if it comes to that point (and lives aren't in immediate danger where lethal force is needed).

The guy was high on drugs. Multiple officers fired their tasers. For multiple officers (who have to go through special training before carrying a taser) to have done this suggests it was certainly warranted.

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
I strongly support the use of tasers by police. It is better for them to taser someone than to shoot them with their a 9mm to bring them down if it comes to that point (and lives aren't in immediate danger where lethal force is needed).

The guy was high on drugs. Multiple officers fired their tasers. For multiple officers (who have to go through special training before carrying a taser) to have done this suggests it was certainly warranted.
ahahahdssad

yes police always only utilise reasonable force.

are *you* high or wot m8?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I wonder if the Inspector that shot and killed the offender at Westfields Paramatta yesterday had a taser or not. He actions certainly seem justified either though.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
No one is afraid of the police. They are good people. We should have more of them patrolling the streets locking up ferals.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I don't really know what a feral hipster looks like, I was thinking more bogans who can't obey the law. Teenage mums shoplifting and getting away with it, drunken fights and getting away with it, offensive language in public in front of other people etc.

halapenyo

HSC
look i feel sorry for the guy who died. but it cant be that hard to just stop when the police ask you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)