Should Australian troops leave Afghanistan early? (1 Viewer)

Should Australian troops leave Afghanistan early?

• Total voters

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Difficult question to answer. No because Australia is part of ANZUS but yes because many lives of Australian troops have been lost. As I said, difficult question!

Depends on whether the US needs military aid though. But I am learning towards saying yes.

na110793

HSC
Screw ANZUS. Everyone should have gotten the fuck out of Afghanistan a LONG TIME AGO.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
Screw ANZUS. Everyone should have gotten the fuck out of Afghanistan a LONG TIME AGO.
That is something else I wanted to mention. Australia has nothing to do with the war in Afghanistan. I agree, the Australian troops should have gotten out of Afghanistan a long time ago.

Annihilist

HSC
I don't really know very much about the Afghanistan war, but from what I can tell it has been ineffective and unnecessary. We shouldn't have gone there in the first place and it's about time we withdraw our massive global first-world dick out of the affairs of other countries. Having said that, I believe there is more information I am missing.

Also, the article says we've lost 32 Australian troops. As though that's "terrible". These people are mostly volunteers who know what they are going into. Thousands more innocents have died on the other side of the fence, who never asked to be involved. I'm sorry, but saying "we've lost 32 Australian troops" does nothing to invoke my sympathies.

Annihilist

HSC
Depends on whether the US needs military aid though
Is that even remotely possible? They put more funding into their military than any other country, and prioritise it over everything else in the country.

It's the United Fucking States. They don't need help.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
i don't think we've killed enough afghanis yet.

Ealdoon

HSC
N/A
I don't really know very much about the Afghanistan war, but from what I can tell it has been ineffective and unnecessary. We shouldn't have gone there in the first place and it's about time we withdraw our massive global first-world dick out of the affairs of other countries. Having said that, I believe there is more information I am missing.

Also, the article says we've lost 32 Australian troops. As though that's "terrible". These people are mostly volunteers who know what they are going into. Thousands more innocents have died on the other side of the fence, who never asked to be involved. I'm sorry, but saying "we've lost 32 Australian troops" does nothing to invoke my sympathies.
I agree. The loss of 1 Australian troop is enough :(

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
From what I can gather, NATO is clueless to what they are actually doing there at the moment.

They have no purpose in Afghanistan and a strategy to actually rebuild the country instead of occupying it is absent. If the Taliban insurgency is an issue, they should leave it to the Afghans to deal with it themselves. If they want to be trained, assist in training them but leave it to the Afghan government to co-ordinate these things by themselves. They don't need to be babysit by NATO.

nazfiz

HSC
It's an un-winnable war at the moment, in my opinion. So yes they should get out no point sticking around any longer.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
it is a winnable war.
How do we determine whether it's a success? If the point is to get rid of the Taliban, it is very difficult without encroaching into Pakistan (which they are doing with drones).

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
How do we determine whether it's a success? If the point is to get rid of the Taliban, it is very difficult without encroaching into Pakistan (which they are doing with drones).
thanks for the analysis major general four corners

we determine it's a success when we use the mcdonalds we have built in every afghani village as forward operating bases for our invasion of iran

boris

Banned
HSC

i didnt like you but now i do

Cheesecake_a

HSC
Yes.

Australia has nothing to do with it, many civilians lives have been lost in Afghanistan (more than Australian troops) and Australia needs to stop following the US everywhere they go.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Yes.

Australia has nothing to do with it, many civilians lives have been lost in Afghanistan (more than Australian troops) and Australia needs to stop following the US everywhere they go.
stop following the US? you mean that shining city upon a hill whose beacon light guides freedom-loving people everywhere? that glorious bastion of liberty?

fucking communists

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)