Taiwanese president shot (1 Viewer)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
fuck man, tomorrow is the presidential election and the current president has been freaking shot omg fuck. it's not life threatening but what the hell!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I know nothing about that situation, but that's not fucking cool.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
no it was a bullet, there are pictures of the bullet hole and shells have been found
and there was more than one shot

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
Chen and Lu had been driving on the back of a convertible four-wheel drive vehicle in the president's hometown of Tainan when an unknown gunman opened fire.

There was initial confusion, with some reports saying Chen had been injured by an exploding firecracker. Firecrackers are a feature of the campaign trail in Tawain.

source: http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/03/19/taiwan.chen/index.html

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
I know nothing about that situation, but that's not fucking cool.
china thinks taiwan is a renegade province, and wants to "recover" it. taiwan is a country, with a presidential election tomorrow. the current president supports independence, and tomorrow as well as the election, there will also be a referendum. a law was passed last year to say that if there is a threat to national security then a referendum is allowed to take place. china's 400+ missiles pointed at taiwan constitutes such a threat, no shit. the referendum just says that do you think we should defend ourselves and that it's really not very cool to have missiles directed at us hey.
the opposition are fucking commies in disguise, and doesn't want people to pick up a ballot paper for the referendum (if less than 50% of the population votes in it than it has no significance)
china doesn't want the referendum cos they think that it'll just lead to another one asking about independence eventually.

china has threatened action various times although they haven't been as vocal as the last election. we're not sure who was behind the shooting but that's just my biased general political background

^___^
HSC
the hatred between some of the taiwan and china residents will not do anyone good

i think in the last election, the sun dude..u know the current opposition's right hand man said that this kinda problem should be solved by the younger generations..theres a +ve and -ve to it..

but even now, US doesn't want to touch this issue cos this referendum thingo is causing a lot of problems

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
the hatred? nah people love china man, everyone goes there for business now and pick up a couple of extra wives. and china wants to reclaim their blood, for it will not stop boiling till it returns.. or something along those lines.

and yeh it's all very easy to chillax, so what if someone wants to claim your country and point lots and lots of missiles at you.. political instability is not cool, yo

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
is it possible the president wants sympathy votes? like send someone to shoot (but not kill) himself so the voters can say awwww... poor president chen, let's vote for him.

i dunno, politics and the powers-to-be are beyond me anyway.

^___^
HSC
thats what my parents weere saying

and yea, i can understand why

if u were the citizen and this happened..who will u think is behind this?
eh??

;)

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
ahah yeh, dirty politics hey. but wouldn't you want to plan it so it's more serious? like have a short operation and stuff. but yeh, there were firecrackers and smoky and the crowd.. quite risky. anyway, cynicism is based on your stance i guess.

^___^
HSC
lol

i can't comment on taiwan issues cos i am a chinese

so everything i say is kinda..biased

but yea, apparently Chen walked to ER and walked out of it..

lol!!!!

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
yeh it's not serious.. they never said that he was in critical condition. it was all, it's not critical, be calm!
and he got a lot of medical attention cos like, he's sort of important

is a roflcopter
HSC
are you a hardcore kmt member toodulu?

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by ...
lol

i can't comment on taiwan issues cos i am a chinese

so everything i say is kinda..biased

but yea, apparently Chen walked to ER and walked out of it..

lol!!!!
:( I'm a Chinese too and lets just say with the inside news I have it isnt looking too good, China is keeping super quite and looking at global and Asain trends, it looks like there will be conflict.

Everyting China speaks out they usually do nothing but when they say nothing and do nothing but building the anger inside, then.................:rolleyes:

^___^
HSC
China isn't saying anything public..but somehow i've got this feeling they had influenced the taiwanese tradesmen in china.

well..in a way..

even US kept quite about this issue..

Originally posted by Eeko
taiwan is a province of china

end of story
this is a tough call

its not a clear cut issue like Hong Kong or Macau...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)