australian troops pulling out of iraq (1 Viewer)

a little lost

relationships pfft
i know i'm probably supposed to be talking about if its right or wrong.
and my opinion is that its wrong and that i agree with the government even though i've bascially disagreed with the gov't on everything else.

but what i find most interesting about this issue is why is the gov't which especially the senior ministers and the prime minister which has been soo used to belittling and insulting people that don't agree with them has in the case.
gone all wussy and have tried to persuade the opposition leader to change his mind using formal methods like passionate agruments and writing letters.
is it just me or does anyone else find this wierd.
could it be that the gov't does actually sense that it will probably lose the coming federal election?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Australia should wait with troops there until asked by either the UN or the iraqi government. To pull them out now while the country is like that would be a dangerous move.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Xayma
Australia should wait with troops there until asked by either the UN or the iraqi government. To pull them out now while the country is like that would be a dangerous move.
how so? do you mean in diplomatic or military terms?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Military, while the country is that unstable it will likely fall down to anoter oppresive regime between warlords if there isnt a detterent (and would trust america to do it on their own?), we invaded we have a responsibility to make sure the country gets back on its feet.

^___^
HSC
Military, while the country is that unstable it will likely fall down to anoter oppresive regime between warlords if there isnt a detterent (and would trust america to do it on their own?), we invaded we have a responsibility to make sure the country gets back on its feet.

u guys r doing a shit job

lol...

Let's say we are doing a 'shit job' (and really, I question your qualifications with which to make such a claim) - we should just quit and let them kill each other in civil war?

A cunning plan.

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
the australian force in iraq is really only a token diplomatic gesture, checking ships coming into basra and such, and our role could easily be re-filled

Originally posted by George W. Bush
Let's say we are doing a 'shit job' (and really, I question your qualifications with which to make such a claim) - we should just quit and let them kill each other in civil war?

A cunning plan.
well george, you made your bed...
your guys seem to be doing a great job of inciting factional violence, the likes of which have never been seen, as well as attracting more terrorists into the country then when saddam was in power. in fact, al qaeda never even operated in iraq unitl after the war had been declared. you're doing a good though! the american public seem to love the ever-rising fatality list

Mark Latham

Originally posted by um..
the australian force in iraq is really only a token diplomatic gesture, checking ships coming into basra and such, and our role could easily be re-filled

well george, you made your bed...
your guys seem to be doing a great job of inciting factional violence, the likes of which have never been seen, as well as attracting more terrorists into the country then when saddam was in power. in fact, al qaeda never even operated in iraq unitl after the war had been declared. you're doing a good though! the american public seem to love the ever-rising fatality list
DONKEY PUNCH :chainsaw:

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by George W. Bush

A cunning plan.

well why did u overthrow the man then???

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
i seriously think that the aussie troops shuld b pulled out ASAP- coz firstly, they are not part of such a significant role in iraq, and hence they are putting their head in the firing line for nothing- oh wait..to suck up to america? :D

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Originally posted by Gough Whitlam
Bring the troops back Mark, just like how I brought the troops back from Vietnam.
Yeah, but it is anything like Vietnam don't forget. There aren't Australia wide protests and Moratorium marchs and everything

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Enlightened_One
Yeah, but it is anything like Vietnam don't forget. There aren't Australia wide protests and Moratorium marchs and everything
er, did you forget perhaps the single biggest protests in australian history when hostilities commenced last year?

Scanorama

HSC
Originally posted by Enlightened_One
You waiting for protests? keep on waiting, it wont disappointed you. Remember when the Vietnam war started, there werent any protests, only minority of people but as the war went on, the protests became bigger and bigger until I brought them back to Australia?

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Yeah, biggest protest maybe, but it had a piss poor effect. Someone needs to recruit the anti war protesters from the seventies. They did better.

Anyway, we should withdraw our troops. Not because it's right or wrong us being there, but because it's the smart thing to do.
The yanks are about to leave, and we'll be stuck taking care of a ruined country. It was the yanks invasion, their mess, and they agreed with the UN to take care of Iraq for like ten years, but their going back on their word.
I don't think Australia should be left with the responisibilty because it wasn't our idea and we don't get the oil anyway.

HSC
Yes they should all pull out, then evil can once again take its place at the head of Iraq

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)