Catholic school abuses (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
SOURCE: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-...use-allegations-not-taken/5265554?section=qld
"The royal commission into child sexual abuse has heard that a primary school in Toowoomba had a raft of child protection policies but failed to stop a serial sex offender from abusing more than a dozen girls at the school. The inquiry also heard that the student protection officer at the school did not, and still does not, understand the concept of how child can be groomed by sex offenders."

KR: Before this she was an outgoing little girl. I thought something was wrong or causing her stress but when I tried to talk to her or question her about it she would only reply, "I'm okay".

"Gerard Byrnes is serving a 10 year jail sentence. He'll be eligible for parole in the same year that some of the victims will be in their final year of high school."

What do you think of this sentence? Is it too light?
Furthermore, with the string of catholic school abuses surfacing, what do you think should be done to reduce sexual abuse cases happening? (Some sexual abuses may even be happening at this very moment)

2014 - Five decades later, he appeared in Melbourne Magistrates Court in January 2014, aged 75, charged with offences allegedly committed against two Melbourne schoolboys in the 1960s.

2014 - a Marist Brother (Darcy John O’Sullivan, known as Brother "Dominic") was committed for trial on eight charges of indecently assaulting four schoolboys in the 1970s.

2014 - The man (priest) , now aged 71, was taken to Auburn police station, where he was charged with multiple counts of aggravated indecent assault of a male student between 1974 and 1977, when the accused man was a Catholic priest.

2006 - Father Albert Davis charged in 2006 with 17 incidents of indecent assault involving seven boys at Blackfriars Priory School

2007 - Ross Murrin, 52, a former Sydney Catholic school teacher and Marist brother, accused of indecently assaulting eight male Year 5 students at a Daceyville school in south-east Sydney in 1974, pleaded guilty to some of the 21 charges

2002 - Vincent Kieran Kiss, 70, pleaded guilty in the Sydney District Court for sex crimes against four teenage boys, aged 13 to 17

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I think priests should just have sex.

It's not right to manipulate children to keep their mouth shut for their own gratification just because they've been sexually deprived

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)