Ukraine, Euromaidan and Russia... Shit just got real... (1 Viewer)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Long story short:

- European Union (EU) and Ukraine initiated an Association Agreement; it was signed on the 30 March 2012;
- Was not later ratified by the Yanukovych;
- Yanukovych later suggested it would be more ideal to co-operate more with their Russian counterparts and create something more suited to their region;
- Yanukovych practically lifts their middle finger at the EU, he says they will not ratify the agreement;
- the Ukrainian people are pissed because they think the European Union is actually "good for them" (HA!)
- when protest started occurring, Ukrainian government passed a draconian law prohibiting protest and association which would amount to anti government bullshit... This did not fly well with the Ukrainian people and pissed them off further... Ukrainian police try to break up the protests using the law, things really hit the fan after that...
- Protests erupt, then turn to riots;
- Shades of Orange Revolution;
- Then, worse than Orange Revolution;
- Yanukovych is ousted by the Ukrainian Government;
- Russia is extremely pissed;
- Massive unrest ensues near the Russian/Ukrainian border (Armed Militia storm local parliament and other government buildings);
- Russia Mobilises a massive contingent of soldiers to the region (a mobilisation capable of invasion);
- US, EU and NATO... are now really pissed as well...

long story really, really short...

We heading for another world war??? Thoughts??? Discuss...

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
forgot to mention why it's a "delicate" situation that can have a lot of ramifications as well... I'll let this picture explain...

Long story short again, it might be a really, really cold Spring for most of Europe...

esaitchkay

HSC
nice and concise cliffs (Y)
- the Ukrainian people are pissed because they think the European Union is actually "good for them" (HA!)
I'm curious as to why Ukraine joining the EU would not be in their best interest? (not having a go at your views, just curious)
Are you referring to the $15b debt buyout and ~33% discount in gas prices?

- Yanukovych is ousted by the Ukrainian Government;
Ousted, or fleed and got voted out by members of parliament?

I might be sounding very western-centric currently, but I suppose that fosters discussion, right?

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
nice and concise cliffs (Y)

I'm curious as to why Ukraine joining the EU would not be in their best interest? (not having a go at your views, just curious)
Are you referring to the $15b debt buyout and ~33% discount in gas prices?

Ousted, or fleed and got voted out by members of parliament?

I might be sounding very western-centric currently, but I suppose that fosters discussion, right?
The EU association agreement was nothing more than a flex by the EU against Russia... TBQH, all the EU has been able to prove in their 20 year history is that they are: Really, really bad with money; rather provocative against nations like Russia; that they compel countries through economic ransom, etc... not only that, the EU erodes the notions of sovereignty...

For starters, the UK is paying 50 Million pounds a day to be a member of those fascists... that's not really productive for a country that is increasingly looking like a Greece (Russia was providing a bond buyout with no strings attached)

to me that would pretty much be the deal breaker...

There was a vote of no confidence after Yanukovych whimpered away to Russia...

esaitchkay

HSC
The EU association agreement was nothing more than a flex by the EU against Russia... TBQH, all the EU has been able to prove in their 20 year history is that they are: Really, really bad with money; rather provocative against nations like Russia; that they compel countries through economic ransom, etc... not only that, the EU erodes the notions of sovereignty...

For starters, the UK is paying 50 Million pounds a day to be a member of those fascists... that's not really productive for a country that is increasingly looking like a Greece (Russia was providing a bond buyout with no strings attached)

to me that would pretty much be the deal breaker...
Thoughts on Russia's alleged deployment of soldier in Crimea? That would be edging towards violating territorial sovereignty (not really like there's a R2P, currently).
Your point about EU's economic ransom and UK paying 50billion pounds is quite interesting - never knew that! Does seem quite stupid.
It seems that Ukraine will need every dollar to go towards the estimated $35b required to stave off bankruptcy.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
I wasn't saying Putin's Ukraine would have been any better... What I was saying is that Russia's deal would have probably helped more...

that place has been fucked since the fall of the USSR...

one thing is for sure, hell hath no fury like a pissed of Slav :haha:

Last edited:

esaitchkay

HSC

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Crimea already invaded GG
it is not looking good... :(

don't think the rest of Europe is willing or capable of doing anything about it... considering the fact that most of Europe is broke... :haha:

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
it is not looking good... :(

don't think the rest of Europe is willing or capable of doing anything about it... considering the fact that most of Europe is broke... :haha:
But oil and gas.....

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
But oil and gas.....
nah, its more to protect Russian nationals living in the Crimea region and to protect Russian military interests also located in the Crimea

hazelpug

HSC
Ukraine has already gone through so much shit over the centuries and now there's going to be a war ...... great

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
it is a pisstake... the EU is a fucking joke... not just because of the issues I mentioned, but the issues you also mentioned...

why would the EU want a dogshit country like ukraine, its not exactly going to increase their gdp
Pushing a shitty agenda against the Russians, attempt to destabilise the Russian Federation, gain some form of monopoly over Europe... Kind of like what NATO tried to do against the former Yugoslavia when they refused to join it...

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
[video=vimeo;87939821]http://vimeo.com/87939821[/video]

grrr... must crush capitalism! :haha:

Last edited:

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
why hasnt this been posted yet :L

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
looks like NATO might be game enough to intervene... Poland is mobilising tanks to its Ukrainian border... this is getting interesting...

Source: an incredibly bias piece of journalism courtesy of news.com

http://www.news.com.au/world/russia...rink-of-disaster/story-fndir2ev-1226843109609

what's the way European economies have usually kick-start themselves??? WAR!

If this chick is seeking political asylum... can DFAT and the Department of Immigration let me know???

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)