Budget 2014 (1 Viewer)

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Thoughts, opinions. It seems to have a major impact on the younger generation. Most of the changes don't come into play till we enter the real world. What do you guys think?

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Deregulation of uni fees don't impact you?
It won't be affecting us as much since we start in 2015. If you are at uni before 2016 and finish before 2020 it doesnt apply. (I think)

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
It won't be affecting us as much since we start in 2015. If you are at uni before 2016 and finish before 2020 it doesnt apply. (I think)
I'm yet to be sure but I believe that's to do with the Uni Loans while the fee deregulation begin May 2014. Two separate changes (from what I know so far)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
"Short term pain"

Is it really that short term? Families are still struggling
lol, I was just mimicking Hockey's perspective - I wasn't serious

but yeah, I do think it's tough on those less fortunate

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
We don't need a deficit to fuel economic growth...
With the current state of our economy we kinda do? Cutting back on spending isn't going to help us when economic growth is slow as fuck as is. Returning the budget to a surplus is a political venture not an economical one. Every economist out there has continuously repeated that our economy isn't in a bad state compared to others of the world and yet the Libs stress that there is this "Blackhole" or huge "Deficit Crisis"

Fawun

Queen
HSC
With the current state of our economy we kinda do? Cutting back on spending isn't going to help us when economic growth is slow as fuck as is. Returning the budget to a surplus is a political venture not an economical one. Every economist out there has continuously repeated that our economy isn't in a bad state compared to others of the world and yet the Libs stress that there is this "Blackhole" or huge "Deficit Crisis"
That may be true but increasing government expenditure isn't going to help us in the long run either especially when we borrow money (and pay interest on top of these funds) to finance some of our spending lol

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
That may be true but increasing government expenditure isn't going to help us in the long run either especially when we borrow money (and pay interest on top of these funds) to finance some of our spending lol
The borrowing isn't such a big issue, we've always had to borrow money and we still have a triple A credit rating.

What you said about it not being good for the long run is true but our economy isn't strong enough for us to take this measures yet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

dunjaaa

HSC
Yeah, in the long run its unsustainable and Australia runs the risk of falling into a never ending debt accumulation cycle (i.e debt trap)

dunjaaa

HSC
To sum it all up, "We are a generation of lifters, not leaners" Joe Hockey :cool:

Fawun

Queen
HSC
The borrowing isn't such a big issue, we've always had to borrow money and we still have a triple A credit rating.

What you said about it not being good for the long run is true but our economy isn't strong enough for us to take this measures yet.

Well how would you expect our economy to be strong if we don't slowly move the budget to a surplus?

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Well how would you expect our economy to be strong if we don't slowly move the budget to a surplus?
Surplus and Deficits are in no way indicative of an economy's status. GFC = big deficit, yet we remained very strong relative to others.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Yeah, in the long run its unsustainable and Australia runs the risk of falling into a never ending debt accumulation cycle (i.e debt trap)
dgjiospifiohg
and its aim was to bring us back into surplus

gg tone abet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)