Gillard and the Conservative tradition (1 Viewer)

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Gillard and the Conservative tradition
Source: Sathius 005
The Gillard government supports: free enterprise, individual liberties and self reliance, strong foreign policy with our allies such as the United States and the trade union movement. Conservatives have a natural constituency: with the security against an enemy real or imagined. One of the defining factors of the Gillard government is the exploitation of fear for political purposes. Fear has proved a potent device for managing dissent and silencing those who object to government policy and seek a greater market share in the two party vote against the Coalition. The Labor party is not a party for the wealthy, the rich or powerful. It is for the ordinary, decent and hardworking Australians against the Coalition’s sectional corporatist interests.

Julia Gillard had a meticulous preparation for public office; debating prowess and remarkable resilience against sever political adversity. Gillard was an eloquent defender of the conservative orthodoxy. Gillard’s campaign team had been doing everything political information management: knocking on doors, folding pamphlets and letter boxing. Gillard’s rise through the Labor ranks has been stead since 1998, when she was pre-selected for the safe seat of Lalor. Gillard is a conviction politician. Gillard has been driven by long held beliefs and attitudes. She was never a self doubter or agonized. She saw relevance of the simple ethos of the Labor party to the needs and demands of Australia. Gillard’s Fair Work Act 2009 (Cwlth) has been effective in increasing productivity and international competitiveness. What distinguishes Gillard from other conservative leaders was her thorough going professionalism: her discipline and attention to detail make for a formidable political operative in ongoing campaigns. Her outstanding elements when she was leader were her sense of political strategy and grasp political detail. Her speeches were memorable and radiated vision like Whitlam and pragmatism like Bob Hawke.

Last edited:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
Her outstanding elements as leader include

Not being the leader

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Welcome back Sathius005.

You pm'ed me 8 months ago.

I replied.

You never pm'ed me back.

Cheers.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
This post sums up sathius so well hahahah

Profile picture: bill shorten (wtf)

Source for quote: himself

Even if i took this post seriously, I'm not sure how to react? Is it provoking conversation (i guess so)

I wouldn't consider Gillard conservative lol

The only thing conservative about her was her same-sex marriage views. She implemented the carbon tax and NDIS, and was in favour of a higher superannuation contribution rate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)