Abbott's First Year in Power (1 Viewer)

Which option best describes Tony Abbott's government's performance over the year?

• Total voters

jdennis

HSC
How do you think Abbott's government rates in terms of performance after his first year in power? And what do you think he has done well, and could do better?

Intrinsic

HSC
Well let's just say that the LNP does a better job than Labour

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Considering how much shit he have went though (and at least its 50% of the population fault), i say hes doing good....

We could have voted in a worse party.... but hey.... if there was an election and the greens said something like "ISIS is not terrorist", they would never get any votes....

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Considering how much shit he have went though (and at least its 50% of the population fault), i say hes doing good....

We could have voted in a worse party.... but hey.... if there was an election and the greens said something like "ISIS is not terrorist", they would never get any votes....
yes, and dumping weapons from a plane (which would probably fall into the wrong hands anyway, given they are being dropped from a plane and all) is a really noble and constructive way of dealing with a ISIL...

I think people are just really misunderstood on what the Greens are trying to point out... They are trying to point out how easy it is for the Australian Government to actually give the go ahead to war... A lesson that still hasn't been learned 11 years on from the Iraq invasion... An invasion that has probably materially contributed to this mess in the first place...

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
yes, and dumping weapons from a plane (which would probably fall into the wrong hands anyway, given they are being dropped from a plane and all) is a really noble and constructive way of dealing with a ISIL...

I think people are just really misunderstood on what the Greens are trying to point out... They are trying to point out how easy it is for the Australian Government to actually give the go ahead to war... A lesson that still hasn't been learned 11 years on from the Iraq invasion... An invasion that has probably materially contributed to this mess in the first place...
That's not exactly what they did. The air drops conducted were having planes land inside airports and giving the weapons to the kurds. The kurds don't back down, they don't run away like the goddamn iraqi army.

The problem with ISIS is that they stolen a bunch of weaponry and armoured vehicles from the Iraqi army which were US mil hand me downs like up armored humvees and goddamn M1 Abrams.

You know how hard it is to kill an Abrams? PRETTY FUCKING HARD.

The most lopsided achievement of the M1A1s was the destruction of seven T-72s in a point-blank skirmish (less than 50 yards (46 m)) near Mahmoudiyah, about 18 miles (29 km) south of Baghdad, with no losses for the American side.
Yeah. Pretty much anything short of another M1 or a concentrated ambush against an M1 won't let you kill one. Uparmored Humvees aren't easy to kill either.

The Greens are fucking stupid trying to halt parliament to "speak about the issue" when the majority have already given the consensus.

ISIS is such a fucking problem the Iranians are working with the Americans in taking them out, nobody wants an islamic caliphate to happen, and I doubt the sultans/kings of Saudi, UAE, Kuwait or Jordan see themselves removed from power.

What would you have Australia do? Stand by while Iraq falls apart and an Islamic state is established? Threatening global stability? If these fuckers get access to oil pipelines, you'd see HUGE repercussions in global oil supply (which is fucking important to stability). ISIS NEEDS to be stopped, doing nothing whilst they slaughter hundreds of thousands makes us no better than them. Remember when the world stood by when Rwanda happened? Yeah, that's what you get for being a bitch, yeah great thing America pulled out because they "learned their lesson" in Somalia.

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC

I think its should be easy for the government to go to war.... the greens should honestly shut up.... the greens are deliberate in trying to let ISIS to mess things up, we should never listen to the greens when its come to war, its will end up messed up, than if we actually try and stop things.... sure the Iraq invasion a few years back was messy, but however its could have been lot worse if just sit on our asses....

If the greens were in power.... its would be more like fuck all, lets everybody get killed in Iraq and whatever... and let ISIS/madhouse people take over the world

You know how much of a problem we'll we have if ISIS took over the oil fields, and yep, petrol prices will skyrocket for sure, and other things will have a huge price increase??

Also most of the population agree with some form of action....

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I think its should be easy for the government to go to war.... the greens should honestly shut up.... the greens are deliberate in trying to let ISIS to mess things up, we should never listen to the greens when its come to war, its will end up messed up, than if we actually try and stop things.... sure the Iraq invasion a few years back was messy, but however its could have been lot worse if just sit on our asses....

If the greens were in power.... its would be more like fuck all, lets everybody get killed in Iraq and whatever... and let ISIS/madhouse people take over the world

You know how much of a problem we'll we have if ISIS took over the oil fields, and yep, petrol prices will skyrocket for sure, and other things will have a huge price increase??

It's not about the price of oil but moreover the stability of supply. What do you think happens when countries like China and Japan see a sharp decline in oil imports? There are greater repercussions on a regional level.

Yeah lets stand by and let these fuckers crucify people

http://www.news.com.au/world/islami...sts-leave-ashara/story-fndir2ev-1227049696344

ISLAMIC State fighters have executed and crucified a youth in a Syrian town, after hundreds of residents demanded they leave following regime air strikes that targeted the jihadists.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad

On your first point, so you are content with the notion that going to war should be easy... Forget about it: going to parliament, from where people who were duly elected by their constituents can decide on whether or not they should go to war...

On your second point, who gives a shit who is in power, they all seem to be sell outs in this day and age anyway... fucked in the arse by whoever is in power, irrespective of political persuasion...

On your third point, ISIL is still on selling oil to other middle east nations... for pretty much a third of the price they were previously paying :lol:

Lastly, I personally don't want to see an Australian boot on the ground... The lives of Australian soldiers far outweigh honouring some bullshit alliance... Clearly, the war on terror has been a success all round... So we will just use the same tactic over and over again until it does work :lol:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Lastly, I personally don't want to see an Australian boot on the ground... The lives of Australian soldiers far outweigh honouring some bullshit alliance... Clearly, the war on terror has been a success all round... So we will just use the same tactic over and over again until it does work :lol:
You do realize those deployments are voluntary right? I guess those guys find it worth it enough to get deployed.

When's the last time Australian soldiers ever fought a war at home? No foreign military has ever been able to invade Australia, we've always been fighting wars overseas.

Parliament pretty much approved the go ahead for the PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)