Kids as young as 10 begin convicted of violence (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
"CHILDREN as young as 10 are being convicted of domestic violence offences as police struggle to deal with the increasingly aggressive behaviour of generation Z.

The number of domestic violence offenders aged between 10 and 17 has risen by more than 20 per cent in the past five years, while the number adult offenders has only risen by 8 per cent for the same period.

Those convicted of stalking offences has experienced the biggest jump in the past five years, increasing by more than 5000 per cent, from just three convictions between March 2009 and March 2010 to 166 between March 2013 and March 2014."

Source : http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...072595391?nk=ff9a5e6400d6979a43156da78426539d

What do you think is to blame for this ? Is media and video games to blame for the de-sensitisation to violence ? Are tougher sentences and punishments needed?

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I highly doubt its tradtional stalking of following someone home, more like stalking peoples facebook pages and what not.

video games aren't to blame and all that shit surrounding video games causing kids to be violent has been disproven so many times.

Papercutter

HSC
The following is an extract from Julian Cribb's newly-released book: Poisoned Planet. I suggest that you take a look at it more as it is quite an eye-opening text.

"Though we pride ourselves in our remarkable technological and creative prowess, our educational standards and our urban sophistication, it is also quite possible that individual IQs are now a few points lower than they were in our great-grandparents' time, as a result of a century of exposure to lead, mercury, organo-chlorine pesticides and other substances known to inflict permanent neurological damage on the brains of the very young, reducing their intelligence lifelong." J.Cribbs(pg. 124).

Basically the introduction and creation of new chemicals to our people have damaged the brains to those who have been exposed to them. It's almost impossible to avoid this exposure because the chemicals are literally everywhere, from the food we eat to the clothes we wear. Essentially, as the generations' IQ is lowered by about 6 to 8 points (per generation), it's expected that crime rates will rise. Also note that the availability of technology such as smart phones, computers etc impacts the young people who use it; it has a high probability of reducing their innovation and their "thinking for themselves". The average criminal has an IQ of about 80-90, so that means that in a few generations time, the world will sink almost to that level of intelligence. Additionally, diseases/disorders such as autism, diabetes, Alzheimer's and many more are cropping up more frequently than ever before, especially at an earlier age than they usually do.

Hahaha I'm guessing I'm sounding like a person from Greenpeace now aren't I? Doesn't matter though, just thought it was my time to shine when I saw your question :).

Papercutter

HSC
Oh and I'm guessing bad parenting has somewhat a factor in that as well: bad parents raise bad kids, who then grow up and repeat the cycle again.

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Kids have always been violent, it's just now that their violence is repressed (you can't even play fucking tackle at school you have to play this nancy "touch" shit) builds up and leads to more serious things.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Allergies/intolerance are rising alongside pollution..

I think it boils down to lack of exercise, and the fact kids are often stuck inside more often so don't get the stimulation in terms of experiencing nature..

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
The following is an extract from Julian Cribb's newly-released book: Poisoned Planet. I suggest that you take a look at it more as it is quite an eye-opening text.

"Though we pride ourselves in our remarkable technological and creative prowess, our educational standards and our urban sophistication, it is also quite possible that individual IQs are now a few points lower than they were in our great-grandparents' time, as a result of a century of exposure to lead, mercury, organo-chlorine pesticides and other substances known to inflict permanent neurological damage on the brains of the very young, reducing their intelligence lifelong." J.Cribbs(pg. 124).

Basically the introduction and creation of new chemicals to our people have damaged the brains to those who have been exposed to them. It's almost impossible to avoid this exposure because the chemicals are literally everywhere, from the food we eat to the clothes we wear. Essentially, as the generations' IQ is lowered by about 6 to 8 points (per generation), it's expected that crime rates will rise. Also note that the availability of technology such as smart phones, computers etc impacts the young people who use it; it has a high probability of reducing their innovation and their "thinking for themselves". The average criminal has an IQ of about 80-90, so that means that in a few generations time, the world will sink almost to that level of intelligence. Additionally, diseases/disorders such as autism, diabetes, Alzheimer's and many more are cropping up more frequently than ever before, especially at an earlier age than they usually do.

Hahaha I'm guessing I'm sounding like a person from Greenpeace now aren't I? Doesn't matter though, just thought it was my time to shine when I saw your question :).
IQ scores have actually been going up

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

People are less violent as well, total deaths in war and crime has been going down for a lot of places. all this is just media drumming shit.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Allergies/intolerance are rising alongside pollution..

I think it boils down to lack of exercise, and the fact kids are often stuck inside more often so don't get the stimulation in terms of experiencing nature..
yeah because there hasnt been violence and crime amongst youths before

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
no they don 't

the people of today demonise the past far more than they romanticise it
Depends who. Most older gens still romanticise it "back in my day..." "those were the good days..."

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC

People are less violent as well, total deaths in war and crime has been going down for a lot of places. all this is just media drumming shit.
I think its all media.... whenever media find a negative point to report, they will use that and make a big deal

But however just because IQ score is going up, i think the higher the IQ, the more snobby they are.... So higher IQ doesn't mean they have what we call "streets smart"

Papercutter

HSC
should i remove the silver amalgam filling i have in one of my back teeth?
I never said all parents are bad? I'm merely saying that bad parents with the wrong skills in parenting raise bad kids.

And maybe if you took better care of your teeth, you wouldn't need to have got the fillings in the first place.

Last edited:

Papercutter

HSC

Did you also read the "Possible end of progression" section? It says that between 1998-2004, IQ points slowly starting declining at the same amount of points it had increased by. Furthermore, it continues saying that "the average IQ of the young world population would decline by 1.34 points per decade and the average per capita income would decline by 0.79% per year.".

So yes the Flynn effect would indeed have been active during the earlier century, but stopped or slowly haunted once it neared 1998.

Papercutter

HSC
This could be media but what about the current conflicts and problems happening in the world? Here are some just to give examples:
*Russia-Ukraine problem
*ISIS terrorism acts
*Bangladesh internal conflicts
*Pakistan security threats
*Spread of Ebola
*Global food demand as population rises

I don't know where you got the idea that crime rates are declining, however they have actually risen significantly in the past decade.
Sources:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-123421/Crime-shows-biggest-rise-decade.html
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-...en-by-family-violence2c-drug-offences/5284964
http://www.cfr.org/global/global-conflict-tracker/p32137#!/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)