#Gamergate: What is really going on in the gaming industry? (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
anita sarkeesian is a filthy, lying whore

feminists routinely shut down talks from people they disagree with but don't see any crocodile tears in the media about that

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
You pay $0-$250 on a game, you play the game until you get bored, then you play a different game that you already have or buy a new one. This is all gaming is.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
radical feminists are so retarded...

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
i don't really give a toss about video games but this is all part of a larger encroachment on "social justice" political correctness into all areas of life and really needs to be stopped
That's tangenital to criticism of Zoe Quinn though, which is how this whole thing blew up.

From reading the wiki article article on this, Zoe Quinn is a games developer, released a controversial game about mental illness, she had a relationship with a games journalist, people hysterically jumped to the conclusion she gained favourable press for her game as a result.

This has been comprehensively debunked as untrue, it didn't happen.

According to Quinn, "the Internet spent the last month spreading my personal information around, sending me threats, hacking anyone suspected of being friends with me, calling my dad and telling him I'm a whore, sending nude photos of me to colleagues, and basically giving me the 'burn the witch' treatment".

I don't know Quinn's views on 'social justice', but as far as I know Quinn was just some fringe independent figure doing her own thing, not a significant "part of a larger encroachment on "social justice" political correctness".

So the story really is just about misogynistic jerks ruining some woman's life for no reason. Even if you think there needs to be a men's space free from the encroachment of feminism, the abusers in this case went outside of that space for no reason, and inflicted harm upon someone who wasn't a threat to that space.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
That's tangenital to criticism of Zoe Quinn though, which is how this whole thing blew up.

From reading the wiki article article on this, Zoe Quinn is a games developer, released a controversial game about mental illness, she had a relationship with a games journalist, people hysterically jumped to the conclusion she gained favourable press for her game as a result.

This has been comprehensively debunked as untrue, it didn't happen.

According to Quinn, "the Internet spent the last month spreading my personal information around, sending me threats, hacking anyone suspected of being friends with me, calling my dad and telling him I'm a whore, sending nude photos of me to colleagues, and basically giving me the 'burn the witch' treatment".

I don't know Quinn's views on 'social justice', but as far as I know Quinn was just some fringe independent figure doing her own thing, not a significant "part of a larger encroachment on "social justice" political correctness".

So the story really is just about misogynistic jerks ruining some woman's life for no reason. Even if you think there needs to be a men's space free from the encroachment of feminism, the abusers in this case went outside of that space for no reason, and inflicted harm upon someone who wasn't a threat to that space.
It was a revenge thing by her ex and then it spiralled out of control.

Retards jumped on "OMG FEMINISTS ARE RUINING MAH VIDJAS" because they possess the ability to fuck a reviewer or something. They essentially made a game that nobody heard about front page news when they started harassing her.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I'm talking about the OP, which is concerned with more than just the Zoe Quinn incident.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm talking about the OP, which is concerned with more than just the Zoe Quinn incident.
I don't know enough about politics and some issues to comment on political correctness... But but.....

People shouldn't be attacked for challenging the status quo (which in this case was that most game developers are males).

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
anita sarkeesian is an idiot but tbh that is not even the reason this whole gamergate thing is happening

it's happening cos u got a bunch of mysogynistic keyboard warriors raging hard about a woman making a game and having sexual relations with a gaming journalist and latching onto this as an excuse to spew out their beta shit all over the internet and harass women and essentially be a bunch of fuckwits

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I don't know enough about politics and some issues to comment on political correctness... But but.....

People shouldn't be attacked for challenging the status quo (which in this case was that most game developers are males).
Most game developers are males because there aren't girls signing up to do coding and shit, not exactly challenging the status quo. IT companies and game devs are doing their best to hire women, it's just not enough talent out there.

If you look at women in IT vs number of female IT grads... the numbers are really skewed in favour of women.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Editor's Note: A few weeks ago our message board and general inbox were bombarded with demands we address something called the "GamerGate Scandal", posts written with the urgency and rage one would associate with, say, discovering that Chipotle burritos are made entirely from the meat of human babies. It's apparently a big deal in some circles, so we followed the links and read the piles of data presented, and had to stop and take a deep breath just to grasp it all. "Gentlemen," we said amid the stunned silence, "do you realize that if what they're saying is true, then this is still the most pointless fucking bullshit anyone has ever forced us to read?"

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Video games are stupid but how can you say "wow who gives a shit about video games what a bunch of losers" to the sort of people who support gamergate but NOT the Anita Sarkeesians of this world who do shit like raise $200,000 so she can make a fulltime living out of making youtube videos bitching about video games?

Like seriously if you just leave the video game losers alone to play their stupid games in the first place none of this would have happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)