Admire Rakti dies after Melbourne Cup (1 Viewer)

Should horses be used for racing?

• Total voters

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.news.com.au/sport/superr...er-melbourne-cup/story-fndpqu3p-1227112418264

"JAPANESE racehorse Admire Rakti has collapsed and died after pulling up distressed after the 2014 Melbourne Cup.
The horse, who started a well-backed Melbourne Cup favourite but faded to last after leading, dropped dead in his stall shortly after the race."

“It’s very sad. He gave me a great thrill at Caulfield and for this to happen to him is just not fair.
“I didn’t think they’d beat me. I thought he’d win today and the whole way through the first half of the race I thought that too.”

Horses are flogged and in many cases horses are euthanised after their racing life. Should horse be racing allowed? Should we really race horses (or animals at all) for the sake of money and some thrill?

astroman

HSC
they lose around 7kg of weight after a hard race don't they, maybe a heart attack

astroman

HSC
second horse dies
Melbourne Cup runner Araldo has been put down after breaking its leg, following on from the death of race favourite Admire Rakti.

The seventh-placed Araldo kicked out at a fence when returning to the mounting yard and injured a hind leg.

The horse was treated by the on-course veterinary team and transported by ambulance to the University of Melbourne Veterinary Hospital for further treatment.

Admire Rakti, the Japanese horse which won the Caulfield Cup in brilliant style last month, raced near the lead for most of the 3200-metre journey.

As it rounded the final bend the horse was clearly under pressure and dropped back through the field sharply.

He finished 25 lengths behind the second-last horse.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-...e-admire-rakti-dead.html#sthash.GuIKIjuF.dpuf

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
It's dumb and people win millions over it. I don't know why you would exert animals to do shit like this in these modern times. I have never been in support of the Melbourne cup or anything where animals are used as a form of entertainment.

IcyRain

HSC
I think it's been a terrible idea all along to race horses. Might as well bet on people racing next year.

ilostmypassword

HSC
It's dumb and people win millions over it. I don't know why you would exert animals to do shit like this in these modern times. I have never been in support of the Melbourne cup or anything where animals are used as a form of entertainment.
Thisssssssssssss

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You know what I would find funny? Taking all the ladies and gents dressed up and getting horses to jump on their back and whip them.

That day will be the day of the revenge of the planet of the horses.

EDIT:

I'd bring Rick Deckard (Harrison Ford's) unicorn into the equation, just so they can bleed as they get hit.

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Australias the only country in the world were we celebrate a day of gambling.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Tbh we do the same thing to humans as well - however humans can tell you when something is wrong and not to race. But with animals they can't tell you something is wrong - so they still race and end up harming themselves / pushing themselves too far.
Except when an athelete gets injured we don't go "naw mate you're too expensive for us to keep so bullet in the head for you."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)