Best newspaper to read? (1 Viewer)

Sherlock

HSC
N/A
Hi there! What's the best newspaper to read for a recent year 12 graduate who wants to learn more about politics?
Also, whoever reads the economist, is it any good and would it be suitable for me?

Thanks!

Smooth Operator

HSC
why because it has opinions that you disagree with? if you want to learn about politics, read shit that talks about it all the time.
Because it wouldn't be a good news source to read to gain a somewhat objective viewpoint on politics. Then again it's quite hard to come by one. That being said, I personally would not even use the Murdoch papers I know of to wipe my bottom with.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Because it wouldn't be a good news source to read to gain a somewhat objective viewpoint on politics. Then again it's quite hard to come by one. That being said, I personally would not even use the Murdoch papers I know of to wipe my bottom with.
All news sources in Australia are very heavily biased. GL trying to find one not biased. Your best bet is to scour through BBC articles about Australia if you want true objectivity.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
implying fairfax isnt biased

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd read a variety of newspapers as most are heavily biased.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Would recommend the Economist if you are interested in international policy and politics. Otherwise, shy away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)