Would Australian Universities be better if they don't accept Asian International (1 Viewer)

Brian1800

HSC
students? The only thing they enjoy is cheating in everything.

siggy

HSC
The quality would be better I guess in the short term but worse in the long term as they'd have less profits to fund the university...

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Not have any plagiarism and cheating issues, not overpopulated and no more bad influences on our university system.
Well to be fair; everyone "cheats" to a certain extent. I remember in semester 1, everyone did the physics quizzes together even though they weren't meant to

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Look, in the end, you know their life will fall apart and you will be the one succeeding. It's harder for them in the real world.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Proof? I have met many Asian International students in both the commerce side and engineering side, and NONE of them have cheated in any assessment and have achieved high marks through putting in the hard yards. This goes back to the debate of "Can you kick a group of people out of our country for something that a very small minority of them do?" Also another thing to keep in mind is that international students pay a lot of money and help fund the facilities that YOU use, and a lot of international students end up working successfully in Australia and put a lot of value into the Aussie economy.

Australia has some of the best unis in the world and this is something you should be thankful for, so of course people will want to study here, and the government lets them. This by no means is overpopulation, and this would be evident if you actually attended a uni.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
News articles have been blowing things out of proportion !

Only a small proportion of international students cheat. Australian students cheat too... Should they be banned and not accepted?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Accepting international students is the only way unis survive financially

/thread

Brian1800

HSC
Well to be fair; everyone "cheats" to a certain extent. I remember in semester 1, everyone did the physics quizzes together even though they weren't meant to
Ok, looks like my honest and never cheating behaviour was all just a waste. Never broke any of the university rules and now you are claiming I also cheated.

Look, in the end, you know their life will fall apart and you will be the one succeeding. It's harder for them in the real world.
I really do wish they will fail completely in life.

Go read the recent newspaper articles on Asian international students cheating.

I have met many Asian International students in both the commerce side and engineering side, and NONE of them have cheated in any assessment and have achieved high marks through putting in the hard yards.
Unless you were with them on all exams and assignments, then okay.

Also another thing to keep in mind is that international students pay a lot of money and help fund the facilities that YOU use
Doesn't change the fact that cheating is cheating, and has no integrity. The only moment I would think that they will not cheat often is if English is their mother tongue, or they have a strong english speaking/writing background.

Australia has some of the best unis in the world and this is something you should be thankful for, so of course people will want to study here, and the government lets them.
Studying here is good, no doubt given that they don't CHEAT. Study fair and play fair. Otherwise, they are just another human that contributes our overpopulation issue.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Would the world be better off without the jews? That's a better question I reckon.

Or to answer your question: would australian universities be better off with 30% less revenue? Would the country be better off killing our number 2 export?

Are there problems with how the universities are handling cheaters? Sure, that's the fault of the system letting academic abuse slide rather than the students itself. In any population there's always going to people who cheat, it's the enforcement that matters.

Brian how do you feel all these asian kids will end up going back to their country and run multi million dollar enterprises? Must hurt inside don't it.

Brian1800

HSC
Our campuses would look like tafe otherwise
Not exactly. About 25% of students are international, and maybe 23% of them are from Asian speaking countries (non-English). So safe to say about 75% of students will be left there which is much huger than the TAFE population. I never said to remove the Asian students who were born in Australia and can fluently speak and write in ENGLISH.

News articles have been blowing things out of proportion !

Only a small proportion of international students cheat. Australian students cheat too... Should they be banned and not accepted?
Yes, if the Australian students are cheating. By reading the article, it shows how desperate these International students are, by paying large sums of money just to pass the degree and not get caught cheating. It's really sickening to know how their mind works.

Accepting international students is the only way unis survive financially

/thread
This is one of the biggest problems with it.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Not exactly. About 25% of students are international, and maybe 23% of them are from Asian speaking countries (non-English). So safe to say about 75% of students will be left there which is much huger than the TAFE population. I never said to remove the Asian students who were born in Australia and can fluently speak and write in ENGLISH.

Yes, if the Australian students are cheating. By reading the article, it shows how desperate these International students are, by paying large sums of money just to pass the degree and not get caught cheating. It's really sickening to know how their mind works.

This is one of the biggest problems with it.
You just disregarded the latter half of my response .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)