James Watson sold his Nobel Prize... political correctness in scientific community? (1 Viewer)

financialwar

HSC
N/A
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-30346903

So Watson had to sell his Nobel prize because of a remark he made about black people have on average a lower IQ, which is political incorrect but true (Well Asians have small penis, black have lower IQ, if you're offended, I really don't care), he might be detested by the general public, but why should be scientific community also ostracised him? Isn't science all about finding the truth, without giving in into political correctness of different cultures or social bias?

Why is it political incorrect to talk about the disadvantage of black when we talk about their advantage almost freely, especially about their physical prowess.

ps. if anyone has the link to that interview with Watson and his comment on blacks?

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Re: James Watson sold his Nobel Prize... political correctness in scientific communit

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-30346903

So Watson had to sell his Nobel prize because of a remark he made about black people have on average a lower IQ, which is politically incorrect but true (Well Asians have small penis, black have lower IQ, if you're offended, I really don't care), he might be detested by the general public, but why should be scientific community also ostracised him? Isn't science all about finding the truth, without giving in into political correctness of different cultures or social bias?

Why is it politically incorrect to talk about the disadvantage of being black when we talk about their advantage almost freely, especially about their physical prowess.

ps. if anyone has the link to that interview with Watson and his comment on blacks?
Just a few of the more glaring ones. I have just read this morning a report on the importance of grammar etc.

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Re: James Watson sold his Nobel Prize... political correctness in scientific communit

Isn't science all about finding the truth, without giving in into political correctness of different cultures or social bias?
?
scientists are just humans after all

financialwar

HSC
N/A

Just a few of the more glaring ones. I have just read this morning a report on the importance of grammar etc.
I will take my HSC ESL.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

I will take my HSC ESL.
I will be taking the HSC ESL.

Wo neng jiao ni Yingyu.

Last edited:

financialwar

HSC
N/A

Now, back to the topic of Watson?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)