Shanghai NYE Stampede (1 Viewer)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
It wasn’t clear what triggered the movement of people in the crowded area shortly before midnight, the publications said. Eastday.com quoted a witness saying people moved between stages set up on the riverfront in the 20 minutes before midnight, possibly to grab fake paper money resembling U.S. $100 bills it said was being thrown from a stage.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I heard they cancelled the usual event due to crowd control issues but set up a smaller, exclusive event that people then tried to get into?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I heard they cancelled the usual event due to crowd control issues but set up a smaller, exclusive event that people then tried to get into?
someone was chucking fake 100 dollar USD bills that's what caused the stampede.

classicjimbo

HSC
N/A
It wasn’t clear what triggered the movement of people in the crowded area shortly before midnight, the publications said. Eastday.com quoted a witness saying people moved between stages set up on the riverfront in the 20 minutes before midnight, possibly to grab fake paper money resembling U.S. $100 bills it said was being thrown from a stage.
someone was chucking fake 100 dollar USD bills that's what caused the stampede.
that is the most quintessentially chinese way to die ever holy shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)