Paris Terror Attack (2 Viewers)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Sickening stuff... Video may be a bit NSFW...

If people were able to protect themselves with guns, we may have a few less victims and a few more dead terrorists...

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

If people were able to protect themselves with guns, we may have a few less victims and a few more dead terrorists...

Ye ye. Should follow the Americans.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Carrying guns would be real unsafe tbh. And yeah it may increase terrorism.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
In Australia, illegally imported arms can be identified relatively easily, compared to other regions, because we don't have porous borders.

Any arms used in Australia for terrorism will be either legally obtained (via a gun licence) or obtained through a well-established criminal organisation. This should help minimise the formation of terrorist cells (which are wide spread within Europe and Asia) which use conventional weapons, with the potential for mass loss-of-life.

From what I can see, illegally imported arms have been used by criminal organisations against rivals, rather than the general public. I wouldn't want to see a situation where knives are replaced by guns, considering guns have the benefit of ranged attack. USA is a lost cause considering it's so prevalent so any arms repeal like the one we had in 1996 would be impossible.

I.E. Have terrorists jump through more hoops to obtain arms, and increase the risk that they will get found out. We already have this natural advantage.

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
that would just increase the chances of terrorism wouldn't it?
You got to draw out the cockhead ones somehow... What better way to do it... It will only mean their execution of they try anything daft that is in the name of religion or some other bullshit cause

PakiPrince

HSC
Once again condemnation of the attack. Any loss of lives, is BAD.

But wanted to raise a point about this outpouring of 'attack on freedom and liberty' with the cartoonists killed.

Firstly, it neccessary to recognise that France is NOT a country that abides by 'freedom and liberty' for all. The banning of the religious clothing (Burqa/Hijab, Sikh Turban, etc) is an example. There can't always be these double standards which the West is notorious for using.

Also there is a difference between hate speech (or drawings in this case) and freedom of expression. An act which sets out to purposely degrade a specific community by portrayig extremely highly regarded figures (like the Prophet Muhummad) in an absolute deplorable way, knowing that it could cause unnecessary turmoil in the community and cause harm, is hate.

Imagine if a cartoonist drew obscene drawings of your mother, who died (lets say of cancer). Your mother holds a special place in your heart, and you would do anything for her honour. You tell the cartoonist to stop drawing these drawings, as its unnecessary and that your mother is the most precious 'thing' to you. The cartoonist basically tells you to fuck off and says he can continue, under the pretext of 'freedom of speech'. You raise the point, that this not freedom of speech rather hate speech, but he dismisses you and continues drawing.... How would you feel?

Muslims regard the Prophet Muhummad as equally, if not greater, than their mother.

Last edited:

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
You got to draw out the cockhead ones somehow... What better way to do it... It will only mean their execution of they try anything daft that is in the name of religion or some other bullshit cause
"Gotta draw them out" by making it easier for them to attain firearms is a pretty silly tactic lol

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
"Gotta draw them out" by making it easier for them to attain firearms is a pretty silly tactic lol
And it is not silly to be a sitting duck under automatic gunfire... It is not silly to be completely compromised when push comes to shove...

Sorry but, I'd rather die fighting in a hail of gunfire, not cowering... In the rare and unlikely event of that occurring...

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I would ignore it, I wouldn't pull out an AK47 and start shooting.

you are victim blaming yet none of their actions can be any justification for what happened.
Pretty much.

The newspaper intentionally created their material without any tact so I can understand why people would be angry. Doesn't help bridge the divide between religious tolerance and freedom of expression.

No reason to resort to murder though.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
So the solution to this is to make it easier for more lunatics to have easier access to firearms that is harder to monitor?

Ok then
Because the French government was really capable of monitoring "lunatics" obtaining some pretty high powered firearms in this instance...

Scenes are a tad reminiscent of the North Hollywood bank shoot out...

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Fair point made by a collection of raving lunatics...

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Everyone having guns doesn't make society a safer place.

It makes gun massacres more prevalent

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
The cop killed on the pavement himself was a Muslim apparently

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)