‘Comics’ tipped teacher over edge (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...eacher-over-edge/story-fn59nlz9-1227175316001

"PETER Vickerson spent 20 years as a maths and science teacher before the extent of the dumbing down of the system forced him to leave"

"“If you look at the textbooks, all of them were getting more and more dumbed down with less and less content until they seemed more like comic books than text books,” he said. “And that was happening throughout the whole system. The subject masters and the principals would deny it, but there was less rigour and discipline every year. So I got out.”"

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
OMG YES

Finally people are agreeing with this. Seriously MIF is no other than a comic book. In one of the pages for HSC MX1, it explained what "perimeter" is. Like are you kidding me right now? People who choose mx1 must know what perimeter is surely.

And the questions are legit band 2 material. Srsly if ppl want Australia to do good they need to get better textbooks. Another thing is that some teachers may struggle to teach from harder textbooks. (I witnessed this once where a student asked her school teacher to help with fitzpatrick questions and she was unable to).

We need more Mr Woos.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Everyone name and shame MIF pls
Graffiti even

Lel

Kaido

be.
HSC
that's rood enigma. i use mif :( ,are you calling me a noob. im going to tell mum

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
my school used mif

i read this title as 'conics' tipped teacher over edge lel

financialwar

HSC
N/A
why don't you just copy the article, most ppl don't have subscription. Can't read it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)