Why is it okay to worship Genghis Khan but not Hitler? (1 Viewer)

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Both are excellent military leaders that united a group of people and both are mass murderers of other races. But why it okay worship Genghis Khan but not Hitler?

It is because of the fear of offending the Jews?

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
hitler was at least a good leader, despite him killing jews....

Guess hitler was jealous of jews, lol

This is how WW2 started, lol

CaptainPrice

HSC
Well ofcourse no one really 'worships' Khan, but he is definitely spoken more positively than Hitler in terms of his leadership and achievements.

I was reading about this the order day, and it really does come to time and sensitivity.

The holocaust compared the Khan's treacharies was a relatively recent thing.

A ccentury more and everyone who actually remembers the holocaust will be gone, it will be in the history books.

Also the holocaust was targeted against a specific group of people, I don't think Khan was the same.

enoilgam

HSC
Controversial opinion, but racism and expectations are probably the reason behind the holocaust receiving so much attention. The Western world has a powerful influence on history and how things are perceived, so we often see the world through that lens. Germany was a civilised and highly developed, White, Western County. So when this happened, people were more shocked because it was committed by a nation with their own "kind", which is why they expected better. In contrast, attrocities in Asia or Africa arent as well known, because the Western World doesnt really expect better from these people. Racism is deeply embedded into the Western world view, which is why we have such a skewed view of history.

Note: This post doesnt reflect my personal views, I am just commenting on how things are perceived.

Last edited:

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Controversial opinion, but racism and expectations are probably the reason behind the holocaust receiving so much attention. The Western world has a powerful influence on history and how things are perceived, so we often see the world through that lens. Germany was a civilised and highly developed, White, Western County. So when this happened, people were more shocked because it was committed by a nation with their own "kind", which is why they expected better. In contrast, attrocities in Asia or Africa arent as well known, because the Western World doesnt really expect better from these people. Racism is deeply embedded into the Western world view, which is why we have such a skewed view of history.
WTF? Your "civilised" Western world committed most amount of genocide, invasion, rape and other atrocities in the modern history than any other race. Why should the West be shocked by Germany when the French, Spanish and of course the invaders of Australia, the British did the same thing, to um the aborigines and countless other indigenous populations.

enoilgam

HSC
WTF? Your "civilised" Western world committed most amount of genocide, invasion, rape and other atrocities in the modern history than any other race. Why should the West be shocked by Germany when the French, Spanish and of course the invaders of Australia, the British did the same thing, to um the aborigines and countless other indigenous populations.
Again, to reinterate, Im not saying this view is right or that I agree with it (I certainly do not), I am just trying to account for the bias towards the holocaust.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
they absolutely didn't do the same thing though

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
the arabs were far more brutal than europeans ever were, its just that they didn't have the same technological capabilities

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
the arabs were far more brutal than europeans ever were, its just that they didn't have the same technological capabilities
It's all Arab for you, isn't it...

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
???

europeans are called everything udner the sun for their supposedly horrible actions put arabs get a free pass for doing much worse
I'm saying, doesn't matter what the thread is about, you have to smear Arabs...

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Who cares.... the west are the better nation, and if you say that to a white person.... you will get your ass kicked

SuchSmallHands

HSC
What the fuck. I haven't read any of the posts on this thread but who the hell thinks it's okay to worship Genghis Khan? He led the mass murder of civilians and is widely regarded as one of the most superfluously brutal military leaders in human history.

People recognise his achievements because he promoted unification of the Northern Asian tribes and basically founded modern Mongolia. He also promoted extensive intercontinental trade networks. In the same way, people acknowledge that what Hitler did to the 1930s German economy and morale was nothing short of brilliant. But I have never met anyone who worships Genghis Khan, and I'd think them misinformed or mentally unstable if I did.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Because the Khanate was actually one of the most tolerant in terms of religion and ethnicity. They were harsh but fair and discriminated against no one, shit even a lot of them converted to Islam or took up Taoism in places they ruled. I don't really see anyone worshipping Ghenghis except for Mongolians.

Hitler didn't want to just conquer Europe, he wanted to wipe out anyone who wasn't an Aryan in the East. You should read up the Hunger plan calling to starve out 50% of slavs and replace them with ethnic germans.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
What the fuck. I haven't read any of the posts on this thread but who the hell thinks it's okay to worship Genghis Khan? He led the mass murder of civilians and is widely regarded as one of the most superfluously brutal military leaders in human history.

People recognise his achievements because he promoted unification of the Northern Asian tribes and basically founded modern Mongolia. He also promoted extensive intercontinental trade networks. In the same way, people acknowledge that what Hitler did to the 1930s German economy and morale was nothing short of brilliant. But I have never met anyone who worships Genghis Khan, and I'd think them misinformed or mentally unstable if I did.

What the fuck? Just because you have not met something does not mean they do not exist. And if you do, you simply dismiss them as misinformed or fucked in the brain.

What a fucking retarded bitch with a logical fallacy.

BoS should have made logics compulsory instead English so that I don't have deal with retards on the internet.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Hitler didn't want to just conquer Europe, he wanted to wipe out anyone who wasn't an Aryan in the East. You should read up the Hunger plan calling to starve out 50% of slavs and replace them with ethnic germans.
starving slavs is only bad when hitler does it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)