Bali Nine drug smuggler Andrew Chan’s powerful message to Australians (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...e-to-australians/story-fnq2o7dd-1227192061969

"BALI Nine drug smuggler Andrew Chan, who is awaiting execution by firing squad, has penned a powerful letter to his 15-year-old self, warning of the stupidity of his actions.

He laments the life he has missed out on, having been behind bars in Kerobokan prison in Bali since April 17, 2005. He was sentenced to death for leading a scheme to smuggle 8.3kg of heroin into Australia from Thailand.

“At the end of the day, I’m only 29 years old and, the truth is, I might not be able to see my 30th birthday. How many of you want to follow in my footsteps? And I hope these words will penetrate through your minds and in your hearts and that most of you, if not all of you, will achieve more than I ever did,” he says.

“I have missed weddings, funerals, just the simple presence of my family. The hurt and pain that I don’t just put onto myself but my family is agonising. A simple touch such as a hug is not possible for a condemned man like me.
“I have nothing but an iron bar to hug rather than to be embraced by those I love and who I miss. Most likely, I won’t have the chance to see such things such as the birth of my first child, let alone have a child.

“My life is a perfect example of an absolute waste. That does not have to be for you.”

LESSON

DON't DO, SELL OR TRY IMPORT ILLEGAL DRUGS PEOPLE!!!!

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
His message: so touching, so sad, so tragic.

We all make mistakes. The important thing, if possible, is not to make the big ones or ones we live to regret. When we are young, we often do foolish things. Try if possible, to always think what the consequences of our actions or decisions will be - to ourselves, our family and our friends. Heed the advice of your parents and elders(there are exceptions of course: some parents encourage, or turn a blind eye to, criminal behaviour) - they may not always be right, but they have your interest at heart. Advice of your friends, even close friends, can sometimes lead to grief.

Last edited:

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Well, you never mess with countries with death sentience......

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
As much as I am against the death penalty, it's not as if they didn't know the consequences... It was in the media, a lot, back then with Shappelle, Van Nguyen and all... Should have definitely known better... They went knowing the consequences, now they probably have to deal with them in the cruellest ways...

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
As much as I am against the death penalty, it's not as if they didn't know the consequences... It was in the media, a lot, back then with Shappelle, Van Nguyen and all... Should have definitely known better... They went knowing the consequences, now they probably have to deal with them in the cruellest ways...
Watched a documentary on the Van Nguyen case and it was pure tragedy that one. Van Nguyen's mother had a difficult life and was just the loveliest woman and to lose her son because of his poor decision making (even though it had the right intentions at heart) was just not fair.

But yeah, they did know the penalties for the crime they knew they were committing.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
One of the bali nine come to my home once, what a dickhead he was. Glad he's locked up.

hovamagna

HSC
N/A
Dont do drugs is an understatement. More recently a fellow student from UTS I think his name was jamie, forgot his last name but he was asian, he got killed by an ex cop as he got caught up in the drug business.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I found what he wrote really genuine and something which many people can probably relate to either in the present world, or reflecting on those around them when they grew up (which is how I took this in). It's saddening given how articulate and sensitive he clearly is, but alas, without going into a detailed argument on the penalty vs. the crime, at the end of the day it was a crime committed against the people of another nation and there's only so much other nations can do especially when there is a new political direction to help stamp out what is a very significant social issue.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Dont do drugs is an understatement. More recently a fellow student from UTS I think his name was jamie, forgot his last name but he was asian, he got killed by an ex cop as he got caught up in the drug business.
I know people that knew him. He was a space cadet and no one should ever gave him that amount of drugs to sell. And to former cops as well. That should've raised some flags. He slipped and paid the ultimate price. He wasn't exactly poor either, a lot of asian kids do ganger shit to flash and brag.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Illegal drugs are often much safer than the legal alternatives, I'd advise young people to steer clear of legal drugs such as alcohol and tobacco, and err towards using illegal drugs instead.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Last name was "Gao" I if I'm not mistaken.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Illegal drugs are often much safer than the legal alternatives, I'd advise young people to steer clear of legal drugs such as alcohol and tobacco, and err towards using illegal drugs instead.
Ha ha! I hope you take your own advice.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Jamie gao

Had a bright future and was a smart kid

Top of the class too

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Jamie gao

Had a bright future and was a smart kid

Top of the class too
You honestly think he did his own assignments?? You gullible fuck. You know how Chinese people do their assignments and electronic assessments here at Macquarie?? Ever seen those CHinese advertisements in the toilets?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)