Lindt Sydney siege victims sign deals with Channel 7 and Channel 9 (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...-channel-7-and-channel-9-20150119-12tc0a.html

"Now, News Corp reports that Sydney siege survivor Marcia Mikhael has been signed by Channel Seven for $400,000, while John O'Brien will get $100,000. Fairfax Media, however, is reliably informed by multiple sources that the real amounts are substantially lower.

Meanwhile, rival Nine is rumoured to have signed four Lindt cafe workers – Fiona Ma, Harriette Denny, Joel Herat and Jarrod Morton Hoffman – for a combined $1 million, though Fairfax Media understands this figure is also wide of the mark. "

I will not be watching it given that two hostages died I find it morally reprehensible that people are making money out of it and TV station are after ratings on the back of people losing their lives

Surely the made enough capital from it while it was happening and the ensuing days as there was nothing else in the print or TV Media for days

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Welcome to media, what do you think "for profit" television is?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
I am not really into politics or media controversy..

but these people are getting paid for what exactly ?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I am not really into politics or media controversy..

but these people are getting paid for what exactly ?
interview. people get paid for their interview so the tv channels get more viewers = more ad money.

same spiel with schappelle corby.

mreditor16

HSC
What I don't get is both channels putting their Lindt Siege interviews on at the same time, at the same night. Like really?!

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
interview. people get paid for their interview so the tv channels get more viewers = more ad money.

r u srs ? they would pay a 6 figure for an interview..hmm

it explain so much about KimK now

What I don't get is both channels putting their Lindt Siege interviews on at the same time, at the same night. Like really?!
What time would it be ?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
r u srs ? they would pay a 6 figure for an interview..hmm

it explain so much about KimK now

What time would it be ?
6 figures is nothing to a major news channel.

Channel 7's ad revenue in one year is around half a billion dollars. What's couple large to them?

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad

This is why I think some people don't get that deterred by crime ... Cause they'll get a cash benefit from interviews and shit

They should make a law banning paid interviews with criminals

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
This is why I think some people don't get that deterred by crime ... Cause they'll get a cash benefit from interviews and shit

not rly relevant to this case cos the hostages didn't commit any crime themselves lol

also whilst some ppl do commit crime for attention i don't think anyone does it with the intention of getting a channel 9 interview

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
not rly relevant to this case cos the hostages didn't commit any crime themselves lol

also whilst some ppl do commit crime for attention i don't think anyone does it with the intention of getting a channel 9 interview
Not relevant to this case , but with some other cases in the past

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

Umm it is illegal? That's what happened to Schappel corby. Any money made from a crime gets confiscated by the state under Proceeds of Crime laws.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-02-13/schapelle-corby-unlikely-to-keep-interview-money/5252796

"any benefit that a person derives from the commercial exploitation of... the person's notoriety resulting, directly or indirectly, from the person committing an indictable offence or a foreign indictable offence" by any means including "(a) publishing any material in written or electronic form; or (b) any use of media from which visual images, words or sounds can be produced; or (c) any live entertainment, representation or interview."

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...-channel-7-and-channel-9-20150119-12tc0a.html

"Now, News Corp reports that Sydney siege survivor Marcia Mikhael has been signed by Channel Seven for $400,000, while John O'Brien will get $100,000. Fairfax Media, however, is reliably informed by multiple sources that the real amounts are substantially lower.

Meanwhile, rival Nine is rumoured to have signed four Lindt cafe workers – Fiona Ma, Harriette Denny, Joel Herat and Jarrod Morton Hoffman – for a combined $1 million, though Fairfax Media understands this figure is also wide of the mark. "

I will not be watching it given that two hostages died I find it morally reprehensible that people are making money out of it and TV station are after ratings on the back of people losing their lives

Surely the made enough capital from it while it was happening and the ensuing days as there was nothing else in the print or TV Media for days
Lol wouldn't trust a word that comes out of anything that Rupert Murdoch prints.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad

It's not journalism it's show business. This is going to turn into a feeding frenzy with messy details and sensationalism. The media manipulates and distorts the truth to maximise ratings. The truth is not so simple.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)