UK, students should know their times table by age 11... is this a joke? (1 Viewer)

financialwar

HSC
N/A
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31079515

Are the British effin serious? Memorise times table by the age of 11? How can a nation that produced so many great scientific minds in history have a such low standard?

I memorised my times table in year 2 or age of 7, like all other Chinese students. Why is the UK four years behind in such a rudimentary maths skill?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31079515

Are the British effin serious? Memorise times table by the age of 11? How can a nation that produced so many great scientific minds in history have a such low standard?

I memorised my times table in year 2 or age of 7, like all other Chinese students. Why is the UK four years behind in such a rudimentary maths skill?
Why is the Chinese so behind everyone else in tertiary education? Why are 4 in 10 chinese kids autistic?

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Why is the Chinese so behind everyone else in tertiary education?
Source? I'm pretty sure ABC (Australian born Chinese) would rape ABE (Australian Born Europeans) at the tertiary level and obvious at secondary level.

Mainland Chinese international you see in Australian Unis are what we Chinese people call 学渣 (Xuezha) meaning academic losers, they are shit at study and can't get into a good Chinese uni so their parents sacrifice their life saving to send their only child to study overseas. The international Chinese students are the bottom of the chinese academic scene, yet most of the time, they still outperform native white people with their broke English.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Source? I'm pretty sure ABC (Australian born Chinese) would rape ABE (Australian Born Europeans) at the tertiary level and obvious at secondary level.

Mainland Chinese international you see in Australian Unis are what we Chinese people call 学渣 (Xuezha) meaning academic losers, they are shit at study and can't get into a good Chinese uni so their parents sacrifice their life saving to send their only child to study overseas. The international Chinese students are the bottom of the chinese academic scene, yet most of the time, they still outperform native white people with their broke English.
For a Chinese person you have 0 understanding of chinese culture. You know why they send their kids overseas? Fucking PRESTIGE. Being able to afford HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars for you child's education demonstrates to people how fucking status'd you are. Tertiary education in China is censored to shit. Have fun going to class where there's always a CCP member steering the conversation.

The Chinese students may outperform white kids, but end of they day they're shit out of luck when it comes to getting a decent salary. You can produce the smartest person but if they're shitbags at work guess what happens during employment. I have yet to see a chinese kid with "broken" english come even close to being academically competitive against a native speaker. How can they work effectively when they don't understand the instructions? Better yet, they're not supposed to be here and probably faked their IELTs results.

The whole issue of ABC's is that their parents would beat the fuck out of them and commit child abuse if they don't get good marks for school. It's all about parenting infrastructure which does produce high result students. But guess what happens in uni? Let that freedom sink in and the partying starts and the grades plummet.

You have this weird fascination with Asian pride and how well the Asian's can do academically. So fucking what, end of the day what's most important is how much bread you're bringing to the house.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Dude the highest earning ethnic group in America is Asian Americans.

Can't find data for Australian, but I'd expect the same pattern.

There is no way white can compete with Asian in salary, because salary is linked to academic result.

It's not about Asian pride you racist cunt, it's about British humiliation. Times table should be taught at 6 not 11.

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Generations of dysgenic welfare statism.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Dude the highest earning ethnic group in America is Asian Americans.

Can't find data for Australian, but I'd expect the same pattern.

There is no way white can compete with Asian in salary, because salary is linked to academic result.

It's not about Asian pride you racist cunt, it's about British humiliation. Times table should be taught at 6 not 11.
Actually African immigrants to the US are the highest educated and talented compared to every other immigrant group.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/03/black_immigrants_an_invisible.html

If you read the article carefully it's saying they SHOULD know it by age 11 not they'll be teaching it at age 11. You really need reading comprehension skills.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_groups_in_the_United_States_by_household_income

Highest earning are pretty much brown asians. The Chinese are lagging behind Iranians and Lebanese that you despise so much.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Actually African immigrants to the US are the highest educated and talented compared to every other immigrant group.
Personally I think such conclusions are very misleading. Who come under the category of Asians? Asia is such a huge continent that you are lumping in a very heterogeneous group: Indians, Bangladeshis, Pakistanis and Sri Lankans (although, ironically often not counted here as Asians), Filipinos, Indonesians, Thais, Cambodians, Vietnamese, Laotians, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Mongolians, Kazakhs, Turkmens, Uzbeks, Arabs(?), Burmese etc etc. The figures does not reflect the attainment of the Chinese in the U.S. , for better or worse. When you classify thing in a certain way, you can always come out with some amazing conclusion.

Last edited:

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Great attempt at changing the narrative, African immigrations, lol. So Africans graduated from shifty African uni comes to America is part of that statistics?

What about native born in America Africans? The real Americans, not immigrants? They have the Lowest degree attainment rate. Worse than latino

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Personally I think such conclusions are very misleading. Who come under the category of Asians? Asia is such a huge continent that you are lumping in a very heterogeneous grop: Indians, Bangladeshis, Pakistanis and Sri Lankan (although, ironically often not considered here as Asians)
Just like the Asian cup, Africans from Oman are considered Asians..

Plus that statistics is for only immigrants, which are selected by American immigrations department, the high tertiary level means that even the American government do not want any more dumb welfare eating blacks, that's why they have the highest requirement for Africans

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/03/black_immigrants_an_invisible.html
1. It doesn't actually mention anything about 'talent'.

2. Northern Africans are still africans but higher IQs than sub-saharan afriacns.

2. There is significant pre-selection at play here, because obviously you're going to have a lot of rich africans moving to america to study in the first place who in turn are going to be smarter in the first place. Similarly, blacks with tertiary degrees already are more likely to be allowed to immigrate to america. If you replaced all the black immigrants in america with africans selected at random

3. There's also significant desire by colleges to have lots of black students and so they have generous scholarships, affirmative admissions and affirmative grading in the pursuit of "diversity".

4. Educational achievement does not correlate directly with quantitative & qualitative literacy. Although the data is for all black americans, not immgirants specifically, it shows that blacks have lower average literacy levels than whites with the same level of education as them, and that blacks with graduate degrees only just have higher literacy levels than whites who do not attend college. Which means that being more educated by no means makes you smarter.

http://nces.ed.gov/pubs93/93275.pdf

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Personally I think such conclusions are very misleading. Who come under the category of Asians? Asia is such a huge continent that you are lumping in a very heterogeneous group: Indians, Bangladeshis, Pakistanis and Sri Lankans (although, ironically often not counted here as Asians), Filipinos, Indonesians, Thais, Cambodians, Vietnamese, Laotians, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Mongolians, Kazakhs, Turkmens, Uzbeks, Arabs(?), Burmese etc etc. The figures does not reflect the attainment of the Chinese in the U.S. , for better or worse. When you classify thing in a certain way, you can always come out with a sensational conclusion.
The values also don't look at the age of immigrants. If you have poor middle aged chinese moving to america and opening restaurants and laundromats and teenage/young adult afircans moving to america and continuing their education then the figures are going to be skewed as hell.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
If you read the article carefully it's saying they SHOULD know it by age 11 not they'll be teaching it at age 11. You really need reading comprehension skills.
They should know by the age of 6 or 7. How hard is the times table? It's only few flashcards

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
lel, I knew my timetable when I was in year 5.. whats the problem ?

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Personally I think such conclusions are very misleading. Who come under the category of Asians? Asia is such a huge continent that you are lumping in a very heterogeneous group: Indians, Bangladeshis, Pakistanis and Sri Lankans (although, ironically often not counted here as Asians), Filipinos, Indonesians, Thais, Cambodians, Vietnamese, Laotians, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Mongolians, Kazakhs, Turkmens, Uzbeks, Arabs(?), Burmese etc etc. The figures does not reflect the attainment of the Chinese in the U.S. , for better or worse. When you classify thing in a certain way, you can always come out with some amazing conclusion.
They have specific data for national origin as well.

Finanical: I don't think you understand how immigration policy works. Governments have institutions that only recognize certain overseas degree awarding institutions. So no, immigration doesn't let people with "shifty" degrees just waltz through. Immigration process especially to the US is one of the most complex and longest thing in the world.

Obviously blacks born in the US who have been put through hundreds of years of slavery and purposely dumbing down (get lynched for being able to read and write)

Ever heard of Jim Crow laws? That shit didn't get repealed to the 60s. If you're actively putting down a certain ethnic group, guess what they're not going to be on an even playing field as everyone else.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
So what point were you trying to prove with that article? That America have the toughest immigration policy on education against Africans?

financialwar

HSC
N/A
Any ways stop digressing the topic. Why is that UK have such standard on maths for their children?

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Obviously blacks born in the US who have been put through hundreds of years of slavery
No living african americans have experienced slavery, and the impact of slavery should not be expected to affect future generations beyond being impoverished. Which of course is not trivial, but it's something that many millions of immigrants in america managed to overcome, most notably the Irish (who were also enslaved and discriminated against by the non-irish white population). Heck, look at Australia. Bunch of impoverished men essentially kidnapped by the government and taken to the other side of the world, during which time they were poorly-fed and disease ridden, and eventually arrived in australia, a hot, dry, completely undeveloped country where they were used as free labour for their birish colonial overlords. It's a shame these people were forever destined to poverty. Wait, no they weren't.

Heck, what about the people you love the most: The Jews!

You're really going to need to propose a mechanism rather than just saying 'muh slavery!'.

and purposely dumbing down (get lynched for being able to read and write)
Of course, this is a typical example of the lynching myth, but in any case once again there's no reason to expect multi-generational effects from this beyond those of poverty. Preventing people from learning to read doesn't mean that their descendants will be dumber.

[videoyoutube;DLKvYB7CeAYp]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLKvYB7CeAYp[/video]
Doesn't work.

Ever heard of Jim Crow laws? That shit didn't get repealed to the 60s.
Strangely enough, african-americans had better socio-economic outcomes in many categories during segregation than they do now. For instance, illegitimacy, which is extremely strongly correlated with negative life outcomes, is much higher now than during segregation. Blacks also had higher business ownership during segregation than now. Segregation simply cannot explain the present situation of blacks.

If you're actively putting down a certain ethnic group, guess what they're not going to be on an even playing field as everyone else.
Well the inconvenient fact is that black IQs have not increased over the past 100 years despite drastic changes in social conditions concerning race and racial issues. So either you think that modern society, with a black president who almost ran against a black conservative candidate, is exactly as racist as it was 100 years ago, or that 'racism' is not a valid explanation for the black white achievement gap.

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Back to topic: it is an absolute joke. I recall tutoring my neighbour's son a few years ago, when he was in Yr 11: the first thing I asked was: what is 7 x 8? He could not give me the correct answer, even after several guesses. It is not much better here than the UK? Why? They learn from each other - all the Anglophone countries. I read your educational literature, you read mine. I visit your country to learn from you, you visit my country to learn from us. It is a kind of in-breeding. After 50 years of educational research, thing are no better; if anything, worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)