Liberal Leadership Controversy (1 Viewer)

Sherlock

HSC
N/A
What are your thoughts on the recent controversy surrounding the leadership?

enoilgam

HSC
To think, Liberal went hard against Labour for doing the same thing. I know how our political system works, but Id much rather vote him out rather than have some fat cat Liberal power brokers do it.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
When are people actually going to learn that a PM's role is literally moot in the grand scheme of things... (I'd probably call them whipping boys instead) Thought everyone would have at least got an inkling of this with Julia Gillard...

Doesn't matter whether it's Julie Bishop or Malcolm Turnbull... The LNP are liberal only by name, in harsh reality, they are a bunch of fascists...

He's going to need to shut up the media... I'll give him a week, and that is my lenient time frame...

Last edited:

Bingobango

HSC
When are people actually going to learn that a PM's role is literally moot in the grand scheme of things... (I'd probably call them whipping boys instead) Thought everyone would have at least got an inkling of this with Julia Gillard...

Doesn't matter whether it's Julie Bishop or Malcolm Turnbull... The LNP are liberal only by name, in harsh reality, they are a bunch of fascists...

He's going to need to shut up the media... I'll give him a week, and that is my lenient time frame...

probably underestimates the role of the PM in reality. I'd certainly like them out regardless of leader but I think they'd have a good shot at a second term with MT as leader.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
It's as if the modern Liberal National Party is so poll driven, so focused on marketing communications and are control freaks that they have given up the task of governing. The two hard things the LNP attempted the federal budget and the GP tax- they failed on both. Tony Abbott needs to be careful Julie Bishop is no fan of his. Once Tony Abbott's popularity drops he will be deposed.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
I call on Malcolm Turnbull to step up to the plate and nominate for the leadership of the LNP. Put up or shut up. Turnbull has been long running a campaign of destabilisation against Tony Abbott. The Liberals are more interested in talking about themselves rather than Australia. If the Libs can't run their party how can they run the country. Only the ALP has a strong and united team that is in it for the long haul.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think you know what that word means.
is it not rule by authoritarianism, with the use of protectionist ideologies... sounds like the LNP to me... They are obviously not fascists as per Mussolini standards, however, you can't say they don't have it in them...

Last edited:

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
is it not rule by authoritarianism, with the use of protectionist ideologies...
How are they more authoritarian than the average political party? More protectionist?

And no, it is not.

They are obviously not fascists as per Mussolini standards, however, you can't say they don't have it in them...
No, they really don't. You're being an hysterical crybaby.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
The Liberal National Party under Tony Abbott is robbing you blind. You don't earn anymore but you keep paying more under the LNP proposed taxes like the GP tax, petrol excise increases, the budget repair levy and other nasty taxes. The Abbott government is a government that should have already died of shame. Out out foul spot. Out out foul spot. And so he will be judged.

hypermax

HSC
N/A
I reckon bishop should part ways with abbot cause she would be a brilliant leader. Also the news is reporting that if there is a leadership spill, Turnbull is going to contest Tony abbott.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
The Liberal National Party under Tony Abbott is robbing you blind. You don't earn anymore but you keep paying more under the LNP proposed taxes like the GP tax, petrol excise increases, the budget repair levy and other nasty taxes. The Abbott government is a government that should have already died of shame. Out out foul spot. Out out foul spot. And so he will be judged.
You should be dying of shame for such fantastical lies. Tony Abbott is a gentleman and a scholar and is the greatest leader this fair nation has ever known.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon bishop should part ways with abbot cause she would be a brilliant leader. Also the news is reporting that if there is a leadership spill, Turnbull is going to contest Tony abbott.
This is like changing the deck chairs on the Titanic. The LNP will try to change leaders but nothing will change the irrefutable fact of the LNP 's unfair agenda, their twisted priorities and broken promises. They want to change the salesman but its still their dud policies.

hypermax

HSC
N/A
This is like changing the deck chairs on the Titanic. The LNP will try to change leaders but nothing will change the irrefutable fact of the LNP 's unfair agenda, their twisted priorities and broken promises. They want to change the salesman but its still their dud policies.
It really doesn't matter whether if the liberals or labour are in power (long term perspective), because what ever each party plan to do is going to be inevitable. If one party loses they will just wait for an opportunity to go back into power and then fulfill the things they have planned.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
There may be a chance the leadership spill may not get enough support.

If it ends up having the support, that's a real shame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)