Why are Australians so lazy, I mean laid back? (1 Viewer)

CaptainPrice

HSC
Well it all started in 19digity2, mainly from the settlement of ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ceebs

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I have to admit after working in a few different countries, I think the Australians I have worked with are just better at managing stress, perceptions, priorities and work-life balance. Some may perceive this as laziness or laid back but really, I think the culture has actually led to an increased level of focus on things which matter and doing this when it matters.

People who sit at a desk or in front of a book until midnight are not necessarily more effective or better than someone who only works/studies until dinner time. If they can both achieve the same outcome (i.e. effectiveness), then the real question becomes about efficiency.

I felt that when I worked in Australia there was a much stronger push to get out the door ASAP and to do this, you constantly found new ways to reduce your workload or just find a more efficient way of doing things. Here in Singapore, I'm finding that the culture is people expect to work until midnight and there's almost an element of expectation that you will be sitting in the office until midnight. This approach doesn't necessarily mean people are more effective but it does question their efficiency and sustainability of such practices.

Ethicks

HSC
If you're basing this off Sydney people you know nothing Jon Snow.

financialwar

HSC
N/A
I feel asleep on the bus once. There's nothing better than waking up and thinking where the hell am I????
That's because you're not Asian, we can wake up from deep sleep when the bus arrive at our stop, from our life long kung fu training.

Haven't you seen the kung fu masters wake up instantaneously when attackers approach them even quietly?

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
They are not... I asked some fucker for a lighter today... told me to fuck off... :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)