Do you support an increase to the GST? (1 Viewer)

Do you support an increase to the GST?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
There is growing pressure on the Abbott government to increase the Goods and Services Tax(GST) to help fund state hospitals, schools, infrastructure and other services. Otherwise states would gave to go into debt to fund services which would require higher taxes in the future until such time the debt is payed off as well as the principal.
Having said that the GST is a regressive tax which means it is the vulnerable members of Australian society that are hit hardest by the increase in cost of living.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
When you post the question like that, I would be surprised if anyone said yes.

If you said would I support a reduction in income tax to support this measure, then why yes I would. Only because I'm answering out of self interest knowing that I probably save and invest enough to benefit from a lower income tax which would offset any increases in consumption taxes.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Wtf, obviously not...Why the f**k would someone want to pay more? Or even support the increase of the so called 'GST'??

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Depends if the question is asking whether one wants to pay more tax for more public services/benefits, or if the question is asking about substitution of taxes.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Wtf, obviously not...Why the f**k would someone want to pay more? Or even support the increase of the so called 'GST'??
Under what basis ?

If I paid a crap load of taxes and say got free education that I didn't need to pay back or free medicine everywhere, I wouldn't mind

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Under what basis ?

If I paid a crap load of taxes and say got free education that I didn't need to pay back or free medicine everywhere, I wouldn't mind
This comes under the context of benefits or entitlements. If one pays more for GST then they should be entitled to receive higher government standards and access to better health or education as you mentioned.

However this can also fall under many other contexts, such as government revenue and no benefits to individual entitlements. And this this where we see more arguments...

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
The government likes to lie, so I guess if a tax increase came there would be other hidden things also attached.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
The government likes to lie, so I guess if a tax increase came there would be other hidden things also attached.
err what?

what other things could be possibly attached to it? when they increase GST that money goes to the states to spend on shit they need like schools, hospitals, roads etc.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
err what?

what other things could be possibly attached to it? when they increase GST that money goes to the states to spend on shit they need like schools, hospitals, roads etc.
Secret things that can't be exposed on the internet ;)

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Get rid of negative gearing, that will balance the budget...

FFS, the plebs in parliament don't know what they are doing...

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Get rid of negative gearing, that will balance the budget...

FFS, the plebs in parliament don't know what they are doing...
Or people will just set up companies that will do their investments for them, thus allowing negative gearing. doi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)