New legislation to be put forward to block torrenting websites, but will it work? (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.news.com.au/technology/o...rk/story-fnjwneld-1227269448954?pg=1#comments

"A BILL is set to be introduced to the Senate next week that could be the nail in the coffin for online piracy but its detractors say it curbs internet freedom.

The Copyright Amendment (Online Infringement) Bill is a part of the government’s ongoing crackdown on copyright breaches in Australia and comes in the wake of a proposed three strikes scheme that could see illegal downloaders face harsh financial penalties.

The bill will force ISPs to block overseas sites that allow people to share copyrighted material, at the request of a judge"

Other methods UK locals have been using to get around the block include using proxy websites, which stop the ISPs from thinking you’re actually visiting those websites.
As a result, these proxy sites have also been blocked.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Cut off a limb, and two more shall take its place!

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
nope, i find a way, even though a guy with a minus iq will find a way

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Contest your ISP ban for $25.00... pffft, needs more trial by combat... :)

TheShepard256

HSC
When it comes to the internet, people will always find a way to subvert the laws without getting caught for a long while. Torrenting is no exception.

SammyT123

HSC
VPN, blowfish encryption , offshore hosting, local proxies, RDP are the things I can think of from memory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)