Germanwings flight #4U9525 (1 Viewer)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Reports of a plane that crashed just 1 hour or more ago. The media has exploded with news fearing all 148 people on board have died.

Please join in on the discussion and keep each other updated. Such a tragic incident :(

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
Aviation is my niche field and I'm a strong defender of the safety of the aviation industry. But holy shit has it been a bad year or two.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Reports that plane debris have been found.

(unconfirmed)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
This is just devastating, I'm hearing more and more reports that there are debris that have been found...

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
The hits just keep coming... :(

Hate hearing about shit like this... My folks are going Europe in June...

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Last year was actually a historic low for number of plane crashes. Since the two MH crashes, aviation incidents and crashes have been given far more media prominence and attention.

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Last year was actually a historic low for number of plane crashes. Since the two MH crashes, aviation incidents and crashes have been given far more media prominence and attention.
It helps when the crashes are associated with people or countries that the Westerners care about as well.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
There's always a risk flying near mountains but since there was a distress call sent, something must have gone terribly wrong.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Hopefully the flight recorders will give investigators on what the pilots were saying and experiencing in the cockpit.

jdennis

HSC
There's always a risk flying near mountains but since there was a distress call sent, something must have gone terribly wrong.
The pilots did not call a mayday, it was air traffic control that sent the distress call as they could not contact the pilots.

enoilgam

HSC
http://smh.com.au/business/aviation...safe-is-your-next-flight-20150325-1m7crk.html

Good article going through the stats that show last year has actually being the best period ever for aviation safety.
Just goes to show how much the media has impacted my view.

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
http://smh.com.au/business/aviation...safe-is-your-next-flight-20150325-1m7crk.html

Good article going through the stats that show last year has actually being the best period ever for aviation safety.
Yep. However, the fact that they were long-haul aircraft such as A330s and 777 were far more impactful on peoples mind. This is compounded more by the fact that MH was a 5 star major airline recognised around the world. The easy access to the internet, media, and the circulation of images of debris and bodies will serve to imprint the tragedy on people's mind.

I think its especially a bad couple of years for commercial airlines in terms of their image but not in terms of loss of life. In the end, any loss of life is a tragedy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)