Bill O'Chee: Chan and Sukumaran not heroes nor martyrs (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/com...n-not-heroes-nor-martyrs-20150505-ggutku.html
"There have been many things written about Andrew Chan and Muyran Sukumaran since their execution, and much is yet to be written.

Some recent comments have made them out to be heroes or martyrs.

Neither is true; they just made some stupid decisions. There remains, however, the suspicion that their deaths may be tied to the war on terror.

By all accounts, both men brave in their final hours, and there is no doubt they seem to have been genuinely rehabilitated.

However, neither was a hero. A hero is someone who voluntarily does something brave for the greater good, or in service of others. Soldiers in war, or emergency service workers who risk their lives in a crisis, are heroes.

Heroes do what they do out of choice, and some die so doing. Chan and Sukumaran were not heroes. They were only volunteers in their fates in that they chose to run drugs. And running drugs is certainly not in anyone's greater good."

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Andrew became a pastor and Myuran set up an arts school. Andrew was going to fund an orphanage too.

Too bad he ded now

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Andrew became a pastor and Myuran set up an arts school. Andrew was going to fund an orphanage too.

Too bad he ded now
how was andrew going to fund an orphanage from prison.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Chan and Sukumaran did nothing wrong.

Their only 'crime' is attempting to supply a product which is loved by millions of people. Their only crime is trying to make other people happy.

They attempted to help others, at extreme personal risk, and paid the ultimate price. Sounds like heroism to me.

Last edited:

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
Chan and Sukumaran did nothing wrong.

Their only 'crime' is attempting to supply a product which is loved by millions of people. Their only crime is trying to make other people happy.

They attempted to help others, at extreme personal risk, and paid the ultimate price. Sounds like heroism to me.

you can say theyre a real human bean.

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
I have an idea,

Why don't we sentence them to the death penalty and if they change, give them time served and if they don't then execute them

Problem solved 2ez
The primary purpose of prison is rehabilitation, you know 'changing' someone's behaviour.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
The primary purpose of prison is rehabilitation, you know 'changing' someone's behaviour.
that doesn't always work, iirc from legal studies it is 53% successful or something like that

but if you put the fear of God into them, I'm sure that will give them some motivation to change

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)