Same sex marriages (1 Viewer)

DO you like the idea of same sex marriages?

• Yes

Votes: 78 69.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 31.0%

• Total voters

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
with all this talk about same sex marriages on the news, are you for or against it?

If yes , why?
If no, why?

liamlolz

HSC
I'm for it because marriage in these modern times is a legal contract and I believe everyone should be equal under the law. As a gay person myself, it is not about the benefits or status of marriage but purely about equality.
(Dying at what the SA senator Cory Bernardi said today: "But there's no discrimination against same-sex couples in this country." Yeah... Ok. [emoji23])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jcashel

HSC
For; Let people do what they wanna do, we let a man turn himself into a woman, why can't we let people marry whoever they want, as long as nobody's rights are being abused of course

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Extending the rights of couples in civil unions would achieve the same results and antagonise less people. I think that would be the better option.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Tbh I only care when other people in some way are hurt/affected by an individual. As with anything, as long as everything is consensual between a relationship of any kind I don't see a problem at all.

Everyone has beliefs, but as long as they don't impinge it on others everyone is happy. :D

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Tbh I only care when other people in some way are hurt/affected by an individual. As with anything, as long as everything is consensual between a relationship of any kind I don't see a problem at all.

Everyone has beliefs, but as long as they don't impinge it on others everyone is happy. :D
Would you say the same about incest and polygamy?

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
no support it will undermine our society###$$$$@@@@@

like look at ireland and all the other countries that have legalised gay marriage omg satan has gobbled up their society and ppl r marrying animals omfg

I'm gay myself so it's fairly obvious where I stand.

hungry

HSC
I'm for it... I see absolutely no problem with it, it is none of my business or ANYONE'S business to say two people can't get married because they are of the same sex. it is natural for some people to be attracted to the same sex, just as it is natural for some to be attracted to the opposite sex. It doesn't affect me or anyone else, the only thing it brings is further happiness to that couple. There's no reason to be against it, unless you are against allowing happiness for anyone but yourself.

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Incest has risks associated with reproducing but other than that if they are two consenting people I don't see the problem.

iBibah

HSC
I'm for it... I see absolutely no problem with it, it is none of my business or ANYONE'S business to say two people can't get married because they are of the same sex. it is natural for some people to be attracted to the same sex, just as it is natural for some to be attracted to the opposite sex. It doesn't affect me or anyone else, the only thing it brings is further happiness to that couple.
So it begs the question as to why government regulates marriage.

Why the hell does the government care about people's love life?

Hmm maybe they don't.... ?

There's no reason to be against it, unless you are against allowing happiness for anyone but yourself.
lol

Last edited:

Dolfingerpie

HSC
my limit of understanding will end at 'two peoplewho love each other with full consent & legal standing should get married'
incest will be their issue but there should be a rule that when they want to have children they both have to go to a genealogist and then decide on that
polygamy... I don't know. the only picture in my head is a rich person 'getting married' with dozens of hot people by attracting them with money. then that's not love and if it isn't love it shouldn't be marriage

iBibah

HSC
my limit of understanding will end at 'two peoplewho love each other with full consent & legal standing should get married'
incest will be their issue but there should be a rule that when they want to have children they both have to go to a genealogist and then decide on that
polygamy... I don't know. the only picture in my head is a rich person 'getting married' with dozens of hot people by attracting them with money. then that's not love and if it isn't love it shouldn't be marriage
This belief that marriage is about two people who love each other is incorrect. While love plays a part, its not the sole/most significant factor. If it was then why would the government regulate it?

Dolfingerpie

HSC
Then what is the factor that determines if you're going to marry someone or not? money? social status? friendship?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
For, because I simply don't give a shit if two consenting adults get married, whether gay or straight. It doesn't affect my life and it doesn't adversely affect anyone else's, then it shouldn't be a problem. It's really that simple.

Dolfingerpie

HSC
Also, we need regulations on marriage so that people without full consent and legal standing can't get married and the government regulates it because they're the one's who make laws. The problem arises as the Australian government is trying to amend the law.Also, its my mistake that I didn't say that it was my personal opinion only when I said if it isn't love it shouldn't be marriage. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed it's just that I wouldn't see it as real marriage. But it's fine that you think otherwise because it's just my opinion.:)
Overall, I think same sex marriage will prove things and make things better but will still have many downfalls.

iBibah

HSC
Then what is the factor that determines if you're going to marry someone or not? money? social status? friendship?
The purpose of the institution of marriage is to unite one man and one woman as one (through physical complementarity) in order to produce a child, such that every child has a father and a mother. Now while not all parents have children, under ideal marriage, every child has a father and mother.

Another word for marriage you might have heard is matrimony. Do you know what matrimony means? matri = mother - mony = suffix meaning "to make"

Marriage literally means "to make a mother".

Like I said, even though not all couple have,can have kids, as long as a man is in a marital relationship and remains faithful, he will not produce fatherless children (and by that I mean child who grow up without their father).

Under ideal marriage most children have both parents.

Opposition to same-sex marriage isnt about "not wanting others to be happy" like the lefty above said, though I do admit the existence of crazy "god-hates-fags" people around, nor is it about telling people who to love. Love whoever the hell you want, live with whoever the hell you want, sleep with whoever the hell you want. But marriage exists for a man and a woman.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)