Do you support turning boats around? (1 Viewer)

Do you support turning boats around?

• Yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Yesterday, Bill Shorten refused to rule out Labor continuing Tony Abbott’s cruel policy of turning back boats of refugees and asylum seekers. [1] Labor has been sucked in by Abbott’s fear mongering -- and now Bill Shorten and other Labor MPs are positioning the party to continue Abbott’s militant, cruel and isolationist immigration policies. They’re willing to consider anything, even the continued brutal and inhumane treatment of some of the world’s most vulnerable people, just for a vote or two.
It’s never been clearer that we need strong, independent and compassionate Greens MPs in Parliament who will stand up for what matters, even when it’s not popular.
The appalling treatment of asylum seekers is a national shame. Families are being torn apart in the middle of the night, sexual abuse is rampant in government-owned detention centres and children are being driven to depression and self-harm. And this is being done in my name -- and yours. I’m furious. The government has lost their humanity and Labor has lost their way. We must keep a voice of compassion and reason in our Federal Parliament -- help us return Adam to Parliament at the next election.
When it seems like Australian politics can’t get any worse, there’s one thing that comforts me -- Adam and the Greens always have and always will stand up to protect our world’s most vulnerable people. The Greens have always stood up for refugees and asylum seekers. Our compassion isn’t subject to opinion polls or Tony Abbott’s fear mongering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)