what's your opinion on transgender children? (1 Viewer)

what do you think of transgender children?

• disgusting

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • beautiful

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • don't care

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
HSC
Everyone's opinions are invalid because they haven't experienced it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Flop21

HSC
What do you mean children? There are transgender children?

sinophile

HSC
N/A
the earlier you start hormone replacement therapy the better it works!

HSC
Does the child have a say in this? Isn't this a violation of his/her human rights?
Are you implying that parents forcefully change the sex of their children?

We're talking about children wanting to become transgender. And that's something no one can understand unless they're going through it.

Flop21

HSC
Are you implying that parents forcefully change the sex of their children?

We're talking about children wanting to become transgender. And that's something no one can understand unless they're going through it.
I don't believe that children should be given the choice to become transgender... they are children, i.e. non-fully developed brains to make decisions like this or even understand what they're doing.

When they are adults with full developed brains, then go ahead, I have no problem.

Drsoccerball

HSC
I don't believe that children should be given the choice to become transgender... they are children, i.e. non-fully developed brains to make decisions like this or even understand what they're doing.

When they are adults with full developed brains, then go ahead, I have no problem.
I was going to exactly say this when i read his post. If a child wanted to be superman and jump off the 38th story building you'd let them because its up to them :L? Seems legit.

sida1049

HSC
How young is the child? Why do they want to be transgender? Do they understand the concept of gender, and its personal, social and biological significance? Do they view gender simply as another customisation (e.g. similar to the colour of clothes or earings)?

For the most part my personal view is that children (probably prior to the age of at least 13) aren't sane by the definition of rationality, nor are individuals by the definition of autonomy, hence they can't really make informed, individual choices. Of course there are exceptions, but generally speaking, if they don't understand, for example, the reason why transgenderism is a controversial issue, then it would be an uninformed choice on the child's part, and a large degree of failure on the parent's part for not aiding in their rational development. If the choice is founded on good rationality, then that's perfectly fine for me.

Last edited:

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
So you think a person wanting to change their gender because they want to is a terrible idea? Assuming they understand everything surrounding the issue of transexuality, what is wrong with it? Does it break any ethical bounds? Or is your matter personal?

Flop21

HSC
So you think a person wanting to change their gender because they want to is a terrible idea? Assuming they understand everything surrounding the issue of transexuality, what is wrong with it? Does it break any ethical bounds? Or is your matter personal?
Why though? Why does a child care so much about what private parts they have / what gender they are? It seems like a very insignificant issue for a kid. Please explain why a kid wants this.

And note that we are talking about children here, presumably young teens and younger. I have no issue with adults doing whatever they want, including becoming transgender.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Why though? Why does a child care so much about what private parts they have / what gender they are? It seems like a very insignificant issue for a kid. Please explain why a kid wants this.

And note that we are talking about children here, presumably young teens and younger. I have no issue with adults doing whatever they want, including becoming transgender.
Why do you draw the line between teenager and adult? Desires are desires, the only difference between teenagers and adults is wisdom/experience/hindsight.

Flop21

HSC
Why do you draw the line between teenager and adult? Desires are desires, the only difference between teenagers and adults is wisdom/experience/hindsight.
...and a fully developed brain. There's a reason the drinking age is 21 in America.

Desires? So this whole changing your gender thing is just based on a desire? That's silly. I thought it was due to a strong sense of who they are i.e. the other gender. And I don't think a young person knows themselves well enough at such a young age.

I don't know that much about hormone therapy / transgender so I'm going to stop talking about it now.

HSC
As for what's wrong it, nothing. Except it's defiance against nature and all the laws of evolution.

But what are the benefits of preserving the order of nature?

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
...and a fully developed brain. There's a reason the drinking age is 21 in America.

Desires? So this whole changing your gender thing is just based on a desire? That's silly. I thought it was due to a strong sense of who they are i.e. the other gender. And I don't think a young person knows themselves well enough at such a young age.

I don't know that much about hormone therapy / transgender so I'm going to stop talking about it now.
If we're really going there, nobody ever finishes brain development at the same time as anyone else. Some might finish at 20, others at 25.

Sense of identity. I concede on this part.

As for what's wrong it, nothing. Except it's defiance against nature and all the laws of evolution.

But what are the benefits of preserving the order of nature?
Naturalistic Fallacy... There is no order in nature, there is only the constant but futile struggle to maintain that balance between order and chaos. In a few billion years, the Earth's "homeostasis" will fail and the runaway greenhouse effect will occur, turning Earth into Venus. But nature doesn't care, it continues trying to find that sweet spot between order and chaos. Humans are a by-product of that, and we have done many terrible things to unknowingly destabilise the balancing act. But transexuality? That evaporates in comparison to what we have done to this planet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)