Parramatta Terror Raids: Focus on Arthur Phillip High School as police hunt radicalis (1 Viewer)

Cheesehighschool

HSC
http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...lised-schoolboys/story-fns0kb1g-1227561164226

It's quite sad to hear about this. This school already has a bad reputation and this will surely dig a hole deep enough for them not to climb out.
Many students from this school have been clearly affected by this, and counselling is offered in regards to the recent events.
Does anyone here go to this school? How has the atmosphere changed?
Discuss.

astroman

HSC
Re: Parramatta Terror Raids: Focus on Arthur Phillip High School as police hunt radic

I find it sad that they say all muslim people are being targeted, stop blaming a race, it's a minority of radicalised people that should be held accountable.

Cheesehighschool

HSC
Re: Parramatta Terror Raids: Focus on Arthur Phillip High School as police hunt radic

I find it sad that they say all muslim people are being targeted, stop blaming a race, it's a minority of radicalised people that should be held accountable.
Yep. I feel like they're kind of milking this. The school isn't actually so bad. They're putting the school and a a specific race into a negative light.

Flop21

HSC

Yep. I feel like they're kind of milking this. The school isn't actually so bad. They're putting the school and a a specific race into a negative light.
Who are you talking about? The police or the media?

Either way, I see nothing wrong with reporting on an incident. The public should have a right to know what's going on in their community. And the police are just doing their job. But I agree it's uncalled for to be asking for IDs for no reason. Maybe they were/are looking for a certain person though and just asking for IDs of people that fit the description?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

Who are you talking about? The police or the media?

Either way, I see nothing wrong with reporting on an incident. The public should have a right to know what's going on in their community. And the police are just doing their job. But I agree it's uncalled for to be asking for IDs for no reason. Maybe they were/are looking for a certain person though and just asking for IDs of people that fit the description?
Agreed. The media are just telling it how it is

kuromusha

HSC
N/A

muslims is not a race. it's a religion, very f*cked up one.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC

The media are info hungry at parra..farr. I got offered to take an interview with ch 9.. told them to fk off haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)