Turkey's biggest newspaper, Zaman, has condemned its takeover by the authorities in a (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Turkey's biggest newspaper, Zaman, has condemned its takeover by the authorities

Direct from bbc:
"Turkey ranks 149th among the 180 countries in the Reporters Without Borders' World Press Freedom Index 2015
Media organisations in Turkey say that more than 30 journalists are currently behind bars; most are of Kurdish origin
The government argues journalism in Turkey is among the most free in the world"

Drsoccerball

HSC
Re: Turkey's biggest newspaper, Zaman, has condemned its takeover by the authorities

lol

"The paper is closely linked to the Hizmet movement of influential US-based cleric Fethullah Gulen, which Turkey says is a "terrorist" group aiming to overthrow President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's government."

I've met over 1000 people from Hizmet, including myself who have never even harmed a tree, or an ant or anything else. I was at Turkey recently and there was a Hizmet organisation and at the bottom floor there would be a place where people can pray but it wasn't clean and was cement or something. They put carpet there to make it more comfortable to pray and they got threatened to be shut down. The man who said this was smiling "We wern't storing guns or anything we just put carpets and they're calling us terrorists..." Mind you in Turkey there's not one place where you can't hear the call to prayer...

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad

Fascism in its purest form... Ataturk would be rolling in his grave...

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC

Worst design for an engine... ever...
closer to centre of gravity so it reduces moment of inertia.

stay on topic. I did say to ignore lel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)