Global warming (1 Viewer)

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I donut understand how people think it is a myth lol

Although there are many scientists who prefer to call it The Greenhouse Effect or Climate Change because it is possible that in some places, climates will continue to drop to abnormal temperatures, rather than rise - but I mean we all know what we're referring to so it doesn't really matter that much.

Silky_Smooth

HSC
I donut understand how people think it is a myth lol

Although there are many scientists who prefer to call it The Greenhouse Effect or Climate Change because it is possible that in some places, climates will continue to drop to abnormal temperatures, rather than rise - but I mean we all know what we're referring to so it doesn't really matter that much.
From my understanding people believe that it is a myth based on scientists coming up with wildly inaccurate statistics/findings regarding the issue in the past. This creates a level of uncertainty around global warming/climate change and whether it is real or not. At least this is what I have observed/been told from people I know of an 'older generation'. I personally believe that it does exist, but probably not to the extent that most scientists believe. Not sure if I've been influenced by those I know but whatever ;)

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
From my understanding people believe that it is a myth based on scientists coming up with wildly inaccurate statistics/findings regarding the issue in the past. This creates a level of uncertainty around global warming/climate change and whether it is real or not. At least this is what I have observed/been told from people I know of an 'older generation'. I personally believe that it does exist, but probably not to the extent that most scientists believe. Not sure if I've been influenced by those I know but whatever ;)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Climate change is a natural cycle. The extent of anthropogenic activity (aka human induced climate change) is overstated and often misrepresented.

It is a scare campaign in effect.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
God bless Ben Shapiro...

and this...

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
The great barrier reef is dying tho so that's evidence
There are many, many factors that are contributing to coral bleaching... Soil erosion, pesticides and herbicides, overfishing, changes in water pH levels, bacteria, increased levels of water salinity, the tides can contribute to it, even ingredients used in sunscreen can bleach coral if you happen to be swimming in that area, bear that in mind...

Last edited:

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
If global "warming" is real, why does it get so cold in winter , can't explain that aye you scientific dogs

Last edited:

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Even if the statistics are exaggerated/inaccurate, first of all it is obviously immensely difficult to predict changes of this magnitude seeing as we have been a) on this earth a very short period of time and b) been equipped with sufficient skills and technology to be able to measure and foresee such things for an even shorter length. In saying that, the small - but comparatively alarming - spike in gas emissions, sea levels, temperature change and glaciers melting cannot be ignored.

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
Climate change is a natural cycle. The extent of anthropogenic activity (aka human induced climate change) is overstated and often misrepresented.

It is a scare campaign in effect.
That's exactly what the government wants you to think.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
If you are that gullible then I have a bridge in Sydney you might be interested in buying...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)