Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 313
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Donald Trump

  1. #226
    Junior Member Red_of_Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    160
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Drsoccerball View Post
    Do you think its possible to destroy 3 buildings with 2 planes?
    So your argument is that two airliners couldn't destroy 3 buildings? Never mind the resultant fires. Never mind not finding solid evidence of explosives. Never mind the hundreds of forensic engineers that pored over the site and found no evidence of controlled demolition. Drsoccerball read a conspiracy article, so it must be true!

    Bush waited until 19 terrorists managed to plan an attack, carry it out and then decided to blow up a building right next to the attack site within a matter of hours. For some reason. It's settled.

    Next matter: I think we should all start talking about how the government is intent on us recieving vaccinations proven to cause autism. What is their goal? Why are the majority of medical professionals silent about this?
    Last edited by Red_of_Head; 15 Nov 2016 at 1:51 PM.

  2. #227
    Executive Member isildurrrr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,764
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_of_Head View Post
    So your argument is that two airliners couldn't destroy 3 buildings? Never mind the resultant fires. Never mind not finding solid evidence of explosives. Never mind the hundreds of forensic engineers that pored over the site and found no evidence of controlled demolition. Drsoccerball read a conspiracy article, so it must be true!

    Bush waited until 19 terrorists managed to plan an attack, carry it out and then decided to blow up a building right next to the attack site within a matter of hours. For some reason. It's settled.

    Next matter: I think we should all start talking about how the government is intent on us recieving vaccinations proven to cause autism. What is their goal? Why are the majority of medical professionals silent about this?
    jeb bush can't melt steel beams.

  3. #228
    I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Shh
    Posts
    6,927
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by isildurrrr1 View Post
    jeb bush can't melt steel beams.
    but thermite can

  4. #229
    Junior Member Red_of_Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    160
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Queenroot View Post
    but thermite can
    https://www.nist.gov/pba/questions-a...-investigation

    "To apply thermite to a large steel column, approximately 0.13 lb of thermite would be needed to heat and melt each pound of steel. For a steel column that weighs approximately 1,000 lbs. per foot, at least 100 lbs. of thermite would need to be placed around the column, ignited, and remain in contact with the vertical steel surface as the thermite reaction took place. This is for one column. Presumably, more than one column would have been prepared with thermite, if this approach were to be used.

    It is unlikely that 100 lbs. of thermite, or more, could have been carried into WTC 7 and placed around columns without being detected, either prior to Sept. 11 or during that day."

    This amount of thermite is to heat steel to 700 degrees Celsius (about 2000 degrees below melting point).
    This is also ignoring how the thermite was ignited and assumes that all of it was acting on the steel at once.

    I really hope you guys are trolling.
    Last edited by Red_of_Head; 16 Nov 2016 at 1:22 AM.

  5. #230
    Exalted Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,093
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_of_Head View Post
    Next matter: I think we should all start talking about how the government is intent on us recieving vaccinations proven to cause autism. What is their goal? Why are the majority of medical professionals silent about this?
    Actually the vaccines have been proven NOT to cause autism. I think you are reading the same type of article you suggested Drsoccerball was reading.

    Half a million children were tested in Denmark, and the study found that unvaccinated and vaccinated children were equally likely to acquire autism.

    The original paper which suggested this connection was found to be fraudulent, the medical journal fully retracted the article, and the doctor who wrote the article was struck off the register after being found guilty of serious professional misconduct, particularly for manipulation of data.

    Now, the only "proof" is individuals who were immunised and whose child happens to be autistic who claim this somehow proves the link.
    Last edited by braintic; 18 Nov 2016 at 8:22 PM.

  6. #231
    Yogurt RenegadeMx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    HSC
    2013
    Uni Grad
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,167
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by braintic View Post
    Actually the vaccines have been proven NOT to cause autism. I think you are reading the same type of article you suggested Drsoccerball was reading.

    Half a million children were tested in Denmark, and the study found that unvaccinated and vaccinated children were equally likely to acquire autism.

    The original paper which suggested this connection was found to be fraudulent, the medical journal fully retracted the article, and the doctor who wrote the article was struck off the register after being found guilty of serious professional misconduct, particularly for manipulation of data.

    Now, the only "proof" is individuals who were immunised and whose child happens to be autistic who claim this somehow proves the link.
    >what is sarcasm



    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdude View Post
    other bos-ers have a penis pic sharing club and i'm debating whether i want in on it or not


    ~just so i belong~
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdude View Post
    who cares about your timetable - you should be going into uni every day to study and do whatever regardless

  7. #232
    Exalted Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,093
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeMx View Post
    >what is sarcasm
    How does one tell sarcasm in a toneless internet post that is devoid of the kind of language which tips one off to sarcasm?

  8. #233
    Banned SylviaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    HSC
    1998
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Lidcombe
    Posts
    5,905
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by braintic View Post
    How does one tell sarcasm in a toneless internet post that is devoid of the kind of language which tips one off to sarcasm?

  9. #234
    ремове кебаб wannaspoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    HSC
    2007
    Uni Grad
    2014
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,401
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Donald Trump


  10. #235
    Khan of Spam Kolmias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by wannaspoon View Post
    get back in your basement.
    Prelim 2017: 3U English | 2U Maths | Economics | Chemistry | Legal Studies | SOR1 | Modern History
    ATAR Aim: 85+
    Course Aim: Science/Education @MQ

  11. #236
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    42
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by wannaspoon View Post
    It's actually pretty good in its own way

  12. #237
    Cadet OkDen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    45
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Donald Trump

    Mister President Donald J. Trump, I am at your service. Sir!
    SylviaB likes this.

  13. #238
    Exalted Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,093
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by OkDen View Post
    Mister President Donald J. Trump, I am at your service. Sir!
    I think he would prefer to get serviced by females.

  14. #239
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    325
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfActing View Post
    okay I don't do this often because I really really hate conflict but I just feel like I gotta



    Trump is racist. "When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bring crime. They’re rapists…"

    Trump is misogynistic. "If I were running ‘The View’, I’d fire Rosie O’Donnell. I mean, I’d look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I’d say ‘Rosie, you’re fired."

    Trump is egocentric. Narcissistic. "The beauty of me is that I’m very rich." "My IQ is one of the highest — and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure; it's not your fault."

    Trump is doing exactly what America doesn't need right now. In a time where international conflict is on the rise, he is simply adding to it. We need to be uniting - not being divided, which is exactly what he's doing. His tactics involve slander, and inducing fear. He supports discrimination, because it can further his personal agenda. We should be preaching love, and acceptance, or at least tolerance towards one another, but all he does is preach hate, and violence.

    This thread right now, is exactly the perfect example for everything he stands for - why are people arguing, attacking each other? There was a disagreement in opinion, but rather than moving on or settling it quietly, it's turned into a heated fight. For what purpose? What reason is there for all this negativity? We shouldn't resort to throwing insults and hurtful comments because we disagree on something. To quote Martin Luther King Jr., "Violence brings only temporary victories; violence, by creating many more social problems than it solves, never brings permanent peace."

    Only peace can bring about more peace, only acceptance and tolerance can end discrimination. Don't let this vicious cycle of violence go on, and don't just wait for it to end by itself. We are the ones who can end it. We must preach kindness. We must preach acceptance. We must preach peace.
    I'm not pro-Trump or anything (I am right-wing but I can't believe HE became the republican nominee - he's not even conservative like wtf?) but I believe that someone like say Hillary, isn't really uniting either. Sure, if you are pro-homosexuality, pro-gender equality, pro-abortion, it's fine, but do you know how many people are against these issues and as a seeming 'minority' they're treated as inferior, stupid or 'uneducated'. This post is not to express my opinions on these issues, it's to bring up the fact that when everyone has opposing views, it's hard to 'unite'.

    You mention acceptance and tolerance but what if certain religions and views aren't compatible with the tolerance of certain issues and opinions.
    Contrary to popular belief, many religions condone 'tolerance' of these issues or integrating with others who are not of the same faith.
    The Bible says, 'do not yoke with unbelievers'
    In addition, the bible says 'Go unto all the world and preach the good news to ALL creation'
    If tolerance means not 'preaching' to people who don't believe or care, christians can't complete this part of their faith.

    Now, looking from a secular perspective, what determines the need for tolerance and to what point is tolerance necessary. Does tolerance mean to interact with people you disagree with too? And who sets these guidelines?

    This is not an attack on KingofActing and is instead supposed to act as a general opinion (considering it's a forum) on when people say to 'integrate' and 'unite' and 'tolerate'.

    This is not my opinion on these issues, I am simply expressing the view that I don't think all living in 'unity' and 'harmony' when everyone has different opinions, is possible. And this notion in itself is an opinion that many have contradictory views on. SO where does the standard lie?

    DISCLAIMER: This has nothing to do with race and is only dependent on views, opinions and cultures.

  15. #240
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    HSC
    2014
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    2,134
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Donald Trump

    Trump is doing exactly what America doesn't need right now. In a time where international conflict is on the rise, he is simply adding to it. We need to be uniting - not being divided, which is exactly what he's doing. His tactics involve slander, and inducing fear. He supports discrimination, because it can further his personal agenda.
    A lot of people support him, not me personally, because while these things are hard for some to process, he often says things as they are, albeit
    often exaggerated (but thats politics for you)
    and he is the one who is able to provide change, which is what people are wanting.

    We should be preaching love, and acceptance, or at least tolerance towards one another, but all he does is preach hate, and violence.
    Love is of course a good thing and acceptence and tolerance as well. You find that however a lot of people are frustrated with the way that
    seemingly innocent message is used to promote/normalise radical gender ideaologies and left-wing policies/progressivism.
    We'll have to wait and see if "all he preaches" is hate and tolerance; but judging solely by his election campaign and how the media has portrayed him,
    I'd have to agree with somewhat.

    This thread right now, is exactly the perfect example for everything he stands for - why are people arguing, attacking each other? There was a disagreement in opinion, but rather than moving on or settling it quietly, it's turned into a heated fight. For what purpose?
    I don't think it is simply something that Trump solely stands for, you have the same problem here in Australia.

    What reason is there for all this negativity? We shouldn't resort to throwing insults and hurtful comments because we disagree on something.
    Yep, and that is something that goes both ways. Often those on the left and the right can be as bad as each other. Labels are thrown around
    too quickly, without actually trying to understand and love the person who disagrees, even if they are completely wrong in your mind.

    To quote Martin Luther King Jr., "Violence brings only temporary victories; violence, by creating many more social problems than it solves, never brings permanent peace."

    Only peace can bring about more peace, only acceptance and tolerance can end discrimination. Don't let this vicious cycle of violence go on, and don't just wait for it to end by itself. We are the ones who can end it. We must preach kindness. We must preach acceptance. We must preach peace.
    Depends what you mean by tolerance. Unfortunately now a days tolerance has meant "do this or else". Let me give an example of inconsistency, so
    people in USA, major companies and that, are able to consciously object to supporting Trump. or providing their services on a conscious ground to Trump supporters; and yet when a religious person who owns/operates a business, usually a Christian but not always; consciously objects to providing their services for a same-sex wedding ceremony, we complain and prosecute them; whose opinion is often held without violence as well.

    So I think we definitely need "tolerance" and "acceptance" but the way that for the past 5 years these words have been used to push a controversial agenda on sexuality and especially on gender onto the people that is religiously, culturally diverse is not acceptable either.

    I think it disgraceful and even sometimes counterproductive, maybe even hypocritical, for some of the young people in the US to be involved in the reckless behaviour seen reported in the news after the election, simply because Trump won.

    I wouldn't vote for either in that election. Not even for Hillary.

    Discrimination is a good thing to end, but often it is confused with distinction. For example, it is not discrimination in the wrong/evil (to be eliminated) way, to say that women should play in women's events and men should play in men's events. Or to say that men and women should use separate bathrooms.
    It is actually loving especially towards the women, to separate those who are biologically women for a separate bathroom so that they can feel comfortable and safe.

    Or take marriage, marriage definition makes not explicit discrimination against gays marrying but only discirminates in that is specificies the gender of the people that should marry. It is only when we assume that for people to marry they have to be sexually attracted, does orientation play a part. And yes it does indirectly discriminate against same-sex marriages which is a better term than gay marriage. And the main reason is conventionally, and in common sense, that to produce offspring, a man and a woman is required; and that has historically been the main reason behind marriage, not to mention the
    different roles, a mother and a father play in a child's life is very important. But of course there is a matter of disagreement on this issue, which is fair enough, but people on both sides are just terrible on this issue.
    Last edited by dan964; 14 Jan 2017 at 10:05 AM.
    2014 HSC - E4 in MX1 (90) / 2015 Gap Year (Youthworks) / 2016-2017 UOW - B. Maths Adv. (done math110, 201, 202, 203, 204)

    Links:
    Papers & Links for the HSC 2017 students
    thsconline Github Projects
    thsconline v8.0 for DET Laptops
    View English Notes (no download)

    Oo, a moderator...

  16. #241
    Khan of Spam Kolmias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Donald Trump

    Watch the Americans who voted for Trump be the ones that get screwed over the most by the new administration.

    Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Prelim 2017: 3U English | 2U Maths | Economics | Chemistry | Legal Studies | SOR1 | Modern History
    ATAR Aim: 85+
    Course Aim: Science/Education @MQ

  17. #242
    Cadet Son of Thatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Donald Trump

    I'm more interested to see if he can forge a new winning coalition for the Republican Party. For the last ~ 25 years the GOP has been stuck in a rut when it comes to the Electoral College, struggling to make it past 270. In 2016, Trump managed to shatter the so-called blue wall and incorporate Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin into the Republican fold while bringing Minnesota and Maine well within reach. I'm curious to see if he can do it again and if this support will carry over to another Republican candidate when Trump departs.
    2016 HSC

    Advanced English (89) | Business Studies (92) | Legal Studies (94) | History Extension (47) | Ancient History (92) | Modern History (92)

    ATAR: 97.55

    Bachelor of Communication (Social and Political Sciences), Bachelor of Laws @ UTS

  18. #243
    Khan of Spam Kolmias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Thatcher View Post
    I'm more interested to see if he can forge a new winning coalition for the Republican Party. For the last ~ 25 years the GOP has been stuck in a rut when it comes to the Electoral College, struggling to make it past 270. In 2016, Trump managed to shatter the so-called blue wall and incorporate Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin into the Republican fold while bringing Minnesota and Maine well within reach. I'm curious to see if he can do it again and if this support will carry over to another Republican candidate when Trump departs.
    I see what you mean but I feel as if many Trump voters in Penn, Mich and Wis believed that they voted for Donald Trump instead of the Republican Party. Trump's appeal has a lot to do with his personality (many voters feel that he's honest) and his grand plans to "America great again". It has very little to do with him being a Republican.

    I don't see that it's likely that the Republicans will hold these states come next election. I'm predicting that the Democratic Party will grow to be more populist then it has been in recent years and rejected the neoliberal status quo (the New Democrats) that has been entrenched in the party since Bill Clinton rose to power. Bernie Sanders will be 81 when 2020 comes around and it's extremely unlikely he'll mount another shot at the nomination. However, similar candidates (think the 35 year old mayor of the medium sized Indiana city of South Bend, Pete Buttigieg, who has risen from relative obscurity to nationwide prominence for his campaign for DNC Chair) will take the Sanderite torch and push a more progressive agenda inside the Democratic Party.

    My prediction: 2020 will have a Democratic President elected, Dems will win control of both House and Senate.
    Prelim 2017: 3U English | 2U Maths | Economics | Chemistry | Legal Studies | SOR1 | Modern History
    ATAR Aim: 85+
    Course Aim: Science/Education @MQ

  19. #244
    Cadet cosmo 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    HSC
    2019
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    click clock wood
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Donald Trump

    oh yes because the track record of predictions made against donald trump have been so accurate up until now

    trumps success in the rustbelt states (pennsylvania, wisconsin and michigan) that carried him to victory was due to a combination of hillary clinton completely neglecting these states and his protectionist stances, which to his credit he has been espousing in some form since the 1980s. the economy of the american midwest used to be heavily dependent upon traditional industries, but has seen substantial a substantial decline since the 1970s with the rise of globalisation, the deteriration of trade barriers and the ascendancy of asia. trump carried these states because protectionism is very important to people in the great lake states. depending on whether he adheres to his rhetoric, trump will carry these states again in 2020. there have already been plans for massive infrastructural injections in the midwest, which will further increase his popularity there. i don't see any reason why he is unlikely to not follow through on his promises, at least on trade; listening to his inauguration address, he is doubling down on his populist rhetoric, and he just scuttled the TPP (which our pathetic prime minister malcolm turnbull is snivellingly trying to hold onto in some way).

    as for 2020 you have no idea what is going to happen and nor do i. more instrumental than trade is what trump is going to do on his signature issue, immigration; the demographic arrow is definitely pointed against the republican party, and their viability at the presidential level reduces every electoral cycle due to demographic changes brought by immigration. obviously trump has made a big stink about illegal immigration (which is not actually the most important component of immigration in terms of its transformative effects; legal immigration is much more important as an issue) but has not talked all that much about legal immigration, though to his credit and according to the numbersUSA scorecard he has been worlds above most republican politicans there. long term (though not by 2020) republicans are fucked if immigration levels arent substantially reduced or cut entirely, and trump might be the political catalyst to get the ball rolling on this.
    Orwell and Son of Thatcher like this.

  20. #245
    Cadet Son of Thatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmias View Post
    I see what you mean but I feel as if many Trump voters in Penn, Mich and Wis believed that they voted for Donald Trump instead of the Republican Party. Trump's appeal has a lot to do with his personality (many voters feel that he's honest) and his grand plans to "America great again". It has very little to do with him being a Republican.

    I don't see that it's likely that the Republicans will hold these states come next election. I'm predicting that the Democratic Party will grow to be more populist then it has been in recent years and rejected the neoliberal status quo (the New Democrats) that has been entrenched in the party since Bill Clinton rose to power. Bernie Sanders will be 81 when 2020 comes around and it's extremely unlikely he'll mount another shot at the nomination. However, similar candidates (think the 35 year old mayor of the medium sized Indiana city of South Bend, Pete Buttigieg, who has risen from relative obscurity to nationwide prominence for his campaign for DNC Chair) will take the Sanderite torch and push a more progressive agenda inside the Democratic Party.

    My prediction: 2020 will have a Democratic President elected, Dems will win control of both House and Senate.
    That's what I want to see, whether the trend is long-term or merely a temporary aberration. My feeling though is that these type of people were drifting towards the Republicans anyway, Trump just accelerated the trend. We'll see in time.

    4 - 8 years is a long time in politics so I think it's pointless to try and predict how 2020 will go. Despite the conventional wisdom that 'demography is destiny' and that the Democrats will be the main beneficiary of a changing and electorate, I think that they are actually the ones in trouble NOT the GOP. Although the Democrats have won the popular vote in 6 of the last 7 elections, they seem to struggle big-time in close elections due to the inefficient distribution of their vote. Just like when Samuel Tilden won the popular vote by a massive 3% in 1876 (that's more than what George W. Bush got when running for re-election in 2004), the Democratic vote is simply too concentrated. The only difference is instead of their vote being concentrated in the South, it is now similarly confined to urban centres. They're going to need to appeal to a more diverse selection of the electorate in more states if they want to win these type of races.

    However, the difficulty for the Democrats is even more acute. If they move to the left and embrace populism again, they lose what has been the reliably-Republican (up until 2016) demographic of wealthier, more educated voters in the collar counties and suburbs. However, if they move to the right, then a lot of the more progressive voters will likely stay home while the economically-displaced will continue to trend red. It's truly a catch 22 for them.

    The Democrats have no chance of winning the Senate in 2018. Zero. In fact, I'd be very surprised if Republicans didn't gain a healthy number of seats which will help insulate them from any potential backlash from Trump's Presidency. As for 2020, while the Republicans will be defending 22 seats, 18 of those are in safe red states while only 1 (Maine) was in a state Trump didn't win in 2016. As for the House, it's certainly possible provided the Democrats have a good showing in 2018. A pickup of 24 seats will give the Democrats a majority which would only mean snagging some districts with a Cook PVI of +3 Republican which is certainly possible.

    In any event, I still think that the next elections are too far away to give any solid or accurate prediction. But, it's still fun to try!
    2016 HSC

    Advanced English (89) | Business Studies (92) | Legal Studies (94) | History Extension (47) | Ancient History (92) | Modern History (92)

    ATAR: 97.55

    Bachelor of Communication (Social and Political Sciences), Bachelor of Laws @ UTS

  21. #246
    Cadet Son of Thatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo 2 View Post
    depending on whether he adheres to his rhetoric, trump will carry these states again in 2020.
    Not to mention the incumbency advantage. The last President to be defeated running for re-election was George H.W Bush which was 25 years ago. Hell, even that was due to Ross Perot and not necessarily because of Bush's failings. Most Presidents are re-elected and I have no reason to believe that Trump will be any different barring a massive calamity of Hooveristic proportions.
    2016 HSC

    Advanced English (89) | Business Studies (92) | Legal Studies (94) | History Extension (47) | Ancient History (92) | Modern History (92)

    ATAR: 97.55

    Bachelor of Communication (Social and Political Sciences), Bachelor of Laws @ UTS

  22. #247
    Khan of Spam Kolmias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Thatcher View Post
    Not to mention the incumbency advantage. The last President to be defeated running for re-election was George H.W Bush which was 25 years ago. Hell, even that was due to Ross Perot and not necessarily because of Bush's failings. Most Presidents are re-elected and I have no reason to believe that Trump will be any different barring a massive calamity of Hooveristic proportions.
    It's Trump we're talking about here. The walking volcano himself. Of course he's going to bring about a massive disaster. Hell, he's already broken the law by deleting an official Presidential tweet as all Presidential communications must be archived by the Archivist of the United States.
    Prelim 2017: 3U English | 2U Maths | Economics | Chemistry | Legal Studies | SOR1 | Modern History
    ATAR Aim: 85+
    Course Aim: Science/Education @MQ

  23. #248
    Cadet cosmo 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    HSC
    2019
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    click clock wood
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Donald Trump

    at first the "walking volcano" excuse was given that he wouldnt win the republican primary.. he did. then it was the excuse given that he wouldnt win the presidency.. he won that too. only a fool would have any kind of certainty at this point about what is going to happen. and this is coming from somebody who expected clinton to win the election handily. i certainly wouldnt have made any bets on the election because its outcome was such an immaculate confluence of incompetence, overconfidence and latent sociopolitical factors that polling data wasnt able to adequately capture.
    Last edited by cosmo 2; 24 Jan 2017 at 6:20 PM.

  24. #249
    Cadet Son of Thatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmias View Post
    It's Trump we're talking about here. The walking volcano himself. Of course he's going to bring about a massive disaster. Hell, he's already broken the law by deleting an official Presidential tweet as all Presidential communications must be archived by the Archivist of the United States.
    Deleting a tweet? The horror! Quick, get the Congress ready to draft articles of impeachment! xD

    Seriously though, those pretending that Trump and his attitude are somehow unprecedented are a bit ridiculous. To be honest, he really reminds me of Teddy Roosevelt who was also famously eccentric and erratic. Roosevelt oversaw a strong and prosperous country so this attitude and success are not mutually exclusive; a personality like that does NOT guarantee poor governance. If that's the greatest criticism of Trump then I'm not worried at all.
    2016 HSC

    Advanced English (89) | Business Studies (92) | Legal Studies (94) | History Extension (47) | Ancient History (92) | Modern History (92)

    ATAR: 97.55

    Bachelor of Communication (Social and Political Sciences), Bachelor of Laws @ UTS

  25. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    235
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmias View Post
    I don't see that it's likely that the Republicans will hold these states come next election. I'm predicting that the Democratic Party will grow to be more populist then it has been in recent years
    hahahaha you are so fucking clueless

    two of the leading contenders for head of the DNC are a black muslim and a woman who says its her job "to tell otehr white people to shut up"

    they're doubling down on the horseshit that alienated millions of voters and has begun delivering on his promises from day one and achieved great things even before jan 20

    unless bernie sanders is the democratic candidate (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN) the dems have fucking lost big time

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •