Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 312
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Donald Trump

  1. #251
    Khan of Spam Kolmias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by durrrrr View Post
    funny how you clowns are spazzing out over a fucking TWEET but think that Hillary's email saga is not important

    un fucking believable
    The email saga where she was cleared of any wrongdoing by the FBI whilst Trumpy the Twiddler is under investigation for his links to Russia?

    Don't try and claim the moral high ground on this. God only knows that conservatives are incapable of doing som
    HSC 2018: 4U English | General Maths | Economics | Legal Studies | Modern History
    ATAR Aim: 90.00
    Course Aim: Business @ UTS

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmias View Post
    The email saga where she was cleared of any wrongdoing by the FBI whilst Trumpy the Twiddler is under investigation for his links to Russia?

    Don't try and claim the moral high ground on this. God only knows that conservatives are incapable of doing som
    hillary objectively lied to the FBI and was cleared in spite of wrongdoing

    she deleted the emails as an act of deception to save her own ass and deliberately misled investigators

    trump deleted it because of a fucking spelling mistake you mong

    how the fuck you acting self-righteous over a fucking spelling mistake

  3. #253
    Senior Member Orwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Nineveh.
    Posts
    832
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Donald Trump

    I love how these feminists come out in force detesting Trump by chanting 'Allahu Ackbar'. Fucking morons.

    ''Trump said 'Grab her by the pussy' - what a vile man, hang him by his balls! At least our candidate said nothing like that!'' Yeah, she was too fucking busy deleting emails and having her campaign bankrolled by Saudi Arabia - who if you didn't know, fund ISIS, indoctrinate fundamentalist Islamic teachings in their youth and oppress women to a horrifying extent (they could get into serious shit for going outside without male permission). Also, this is the same Saudi Arabia that Trump has detested.

    Also, since you lefties care so much about the environment: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7544681.html

    Seriously, everything Trump has done since becoming President I commend, I commend a great fucking deal. He's already outdone Obama's 8 year legacy in a couple of days and he's outdone it by a great margin.

  4. #254
    Junior Member HoldingOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Antioch
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell View Post
    I love how these feminists come out in force detesting Trump by chanting 'Allahu Ackbar'. Fucking morons.

    ''Trump said 'Grab her by the pussy' - what a vile man, hang him by his balls! At least our candidate said nothing like that!'' Yeah, she was too fucking busy deleting emails and having her campaign bankrolled by Saudi Arabia - who if you didn't know, fund ISIS, indoctrinate fundamentalist Islamic teachings in their youth and oppress women to a horrifying extent (they could get into serious shit for going outside without male permission). Also, this is the same Saudi Arabia that Trump has detested.

    Also, since you lefties care so much about the environment: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7544681.html

    Seriously, everything Trump has done since becoming President I commend, I commend a great fucking deal. He's already outdone Obama's 8 year legacy in a couple of days and he's outdone it by a great margin.
    Even before he became President he and his campaign had an impact- people are finally awake to the fact that cultural Marxism exists in the media, educational institutions and pretty much everywhere else.

  5. #255
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Donald Trump

    Valeu, Orwell and HoldingOn like this.

  6. #256
    Moderator enoilgam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    HSC
    2010
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Mare Crisium
    Posts
    11,863
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by durrrrr View Post
    You are getting ahead of yourself. He hasnt replaced Obamacare, he hasnt brought back American jobs or built the wall yet. Not saying he wont, but he hasnt yet.
    Moderator: Modern History, Legal Studies, Studies of Religion (SOR), Commerce/Business and The University of Notre Dame Australia

    Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -
    Ex-HSC Student (2010) ****
    Advanced English l Maths 2U l Economics l Legal Studies l Modern History l Studies of Religion I

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Donald Trump

    there have been executive orders though

  8. #258
    Moderator enoilgam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    HSC
    2010
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Mare Crisium
    Posts
    11,863
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by durrrrr View Post
    there have been executive orders though
    So what. These things haven't been completed yet and that is the real test. Ill believe it when I see it (this has nothing to do with Trump personally, I just know talk is cheap when it comes to this stuff).
    Moderator: Modern History, Legal Studies, Studies of Religion (SOR), Commerce/Business and The University of Notre Dame Australia

    Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -
    Ex-HSC Student (2010) ****
    Advanced English l Maths 2U l Economics l Legal Studies l Modern History l Studies of Religion I

  9. #259
    Junior Member HoldingOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Antioch
    Posts
    136
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by durrrrr View Post
    there have been executive orders though
    Pulling out of the Trans-Pacific trade deal has pretty much guaranteed an increase in American jobs.

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by enoilgam View Post
    So what. These things haven't been completed yet and that is the real test. Ill believe it when I see it (this has nothing to do with Trump personally, I just know talk is cheap when it comes to this stuff).
    TALK? Executive orders aren't talk for fuck's sake.

  11. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Donald Trump

    herp a derp pulling out of TPP is just "talk"

  12. #262
    Moderator enoilgam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    HSC
    2010
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Mare Crisium
    Posts
    11,863
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by durrrrr View Post
    TALK? Executive orders aren't talk for fuck's sake.
    Just because they've been made, doesn't mean they will be carried out to completion. When the wall is actually physically standing and replacement Obamacare legislation has been passed, then it will be more than just talk.

    Quote Originally Posted by durrrrr View Post
    herp a derp pulling out of TPP is just "talk"
    That isnt talk, but it remains to be foreseen whether it will bring jobs back to the US.
    Last edited by enoilgam; 27 Jan 2017 at 10:37 PM.
    Moderator: Modern History, Legal Studies, Studies of Religion (SOR), Commerce/Business and The University of Notre Dame Australia

    Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -
    Ex-HSC Student (2010) ****
    Advanced English l Maths 2U l Economics l Legal Studies l Modern History l Studies of Religion I

  13. #263
    Khan of Spam Kolmias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Donald Trump

    Free trade creates jobs.

    Protectionism belongs back in Nazi Germany along with Trump.

    /endthread
    HSC 2018: 4U English | General Maths | Economics | Legal Studies | Modern History
    ATAR Aim: 90.00
    Course Aim: Business @ UTS

  14. #264
    Moderator enoilgam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    HSC
    2010
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Mare Crisium
    Posts
    11,863
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmias View Post
    Free trade creates jobs.
    The problem I have with this mentality is that creating jobs isnt necessarily an achievement. There's no point creating an additional 1000 jobs in finance when you're losing jobs in manufacturing. Also, the jobs created need to provide a living wage to people. The problem with free trade is the effects havent been properly managed.

    That being said, I think rapid technological change has done more damage than free trade to jobs and I think this is an issue that will continue to get worse. The government needs to be proactive to ensure that people arent being left behind by free trade and technological change. I think governments worldwide have failed in this respect.
    Moderator: Modern History, Legal Studies, Studies of Religion (SOR), Commerce/Business and The University of Notre Dame Australia

    Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -
    Ex-HSC Student (2010) ****
    Advanced English l Maths 2U l Economics l Legal Studies l Modern History l Studies of Religion I

  15. #265
    Khan of Spam Kolmias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by enoilgam View Post
    The problem I have with this mentality is that creating jobs isnt necessarily an achievement. There's no point creating an additional 1000 jobs in finance when you're losing jobs in manufacturing. Also, the jobs created need to provide a living wage to people. The problem with free trade is the effects havent been properly managed. The government hasnt done enough to ensure that people arent left behind.

    That being said, I think rapid technological change has done more damage than free trade to jobs and I think this is an issue that will continue to get worse. The government needs to be proactive to ensure that people arent being left behind.
    I'm fail to understand why there is no point in creating 1000 extra jobs in finance whilst you lose manafacturing jobs. If more jobs are being created then are being lost, surely we have more people employed and more people spending?

    The reason Trump won the election is because he is tapping into the long held white fear of "Mexicans and Chinese taking our menial jobs". Trump voters are annoyed because they are not able to secure the same cushy manafacturing job for life that daddy did, grandaddy did and so on. They want a life similar to what their ancestors did whilst looking back at a sepia toned, fuzzy image of the "good old days" of "white bread America" and the "the golden age of capitalism". They have failed to see that the world has moved on and that the times are a-changing.
    HSC 2018: 4U English | General Maths | Economics | Legal Studies | Modern History
    ATAR Aim: 90.00
    Course Aim: Business @ UTS

  16. #266
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmias View Post
    I'm fail to understand why there is no point in creating 1000 extra jobs in finance whilst you lose manafacturing jobs. If more jobs are being created then are being lost, surely we have more people employed and more people spending?

    The reason Trump won the election is because he is tapping into the long held white fear of "Mexicans and Chinese taking our menial jobs". Trump voters are annoyed because they are not able to secure the same cushy manafacturing job for life that daddy did, grandaddy did and so on. They want a life similar to what their ancestors did whilst looking back at a sepia toned, fuzzy image of the "good old days" of "white bread America" and the "the golden age of capitalism". They have failed to see that the world has moved on and that the times are a-changing.
    To my knowledge (which might be wrong), Trump isn't necessarily against American citizens of Chinese or Mexican descent who are legally in the states, receiving jobs open to Americans. I think the issue he has are that foreign companies are taking over American business because of certain laws and legislations that make it easier for foreign companies to invest in the American market. I don't think it's race he's targeting (as he doesn't seem to be against immigrants and foreigners in general - rather he is against illegal, non-citizens taking over the business of the country). I think the reason Trump is widely accepted as being racist is due to being a part of the majority - white, christian, male; if a dark/latino female was presenting these views on foreign businesses, I don't think she'd be criticised in the way the media makes Trump's arguments seem.

  17. #267
    Moderator enoilgam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    HSC
    2010
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Mare Crisium
    Posts
    11,863
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmias View Post
    I'm fail to understand why there is no point in creating 1000 extra jobs in finance whilst you lose manafacturing jobs. If more jobs are being created then are being lost, surely we have more people employed and more people spending?
    The people being made unemployed in manufacturing are the ones who need to benefit from the creation of those new jobs. There is little point creating new jobs in a sector of the economy where jobs are already available. That is where globalisation has failed, it has left too many people behind.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmias View Post
    The reason Trump won the election is because he is tapping into the long held white fear of "Mexicans and Chinese taking our menial jobs". Trump voters are annoyed because they are not able to secure the same cushy manafacturing job for life that daddy did, grandaddy did and so on. They want a life similar to what their ancestors did whilst looking back at a sepia toned, fuzzy image of the "good old days" of "white bread America" and the "the golden age of capitalism". They have failed to see that the world has moved on and that the times are a-changing.
    What is wrong with wanting this for yourself and your children? People want security, they want a job which is going to allow them to have a good future where they dont have to worry every second that there contract will end or their job will be shipped to China or Mexico. They want to earn a decent wage so they can afford a decent lifestyle. You say times have changed get used to it - so people are supposed to just accept the fact that life is getting harder and worse? So who really does benefit from free trade then in your argument?
    Moderator: Modern History, Legal Studies, Studies of Religion (SOR), Commerce/Business and The University of Notre Dame Australia

    Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -
    Ex-HSC Student (2010) ****
    Advanced English l Maths 2U l Economics l Legal Studies l Modern History l Studies of Religion I

  18. #268
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Donald Trump

    Ok, I have a question which I don't understand. If the wall is intended to keep illegal immigrants out, but allows for people to legally enter the States, why are so many people against it (apart from the argument that the funding can be better spent - which is highly based on opinion of what is defined as 'better')? I feel like there's something I'm missing.

  19. #269
    Moderator enoilgam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    HSC
    2010
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Mare Crisium
    Posts
    11,863
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by boredofstudiesuser1 View Post
    Ok, I have a question which I don't understand. If the wall is intended to keep illegal immigrants out, but allows for people to legally enter the States, why are so many people against it (apart from the argument that the funding can be better spent - which is highly based on opinion of what is defined as 'better')? I feel like there's something I'm missing.
    It's expensive and the effectiveness is debatable.
    Moderator: Modern History, Legal Studies, Studies of Religion (SOR), Commerce/Business and The University of Notre Dame Australia

    Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -
    Ex-HSC Student (2010) ****
    Advanced English l Maths 2U l Economics l Legal Studies l Modern History l Studies of Religion I

  20. #270
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    471
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by enoilgam View Post
    It's expensive and the effectiveness is debatable.
    Yeah, I agree with that.

    Why do people use it as a basis of calling Trump racist?

  21. #271
    Moderator enoilgam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    HSC
    2010
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Mare Crisium
    Posts
    11,863
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by boredofstudiesuser1 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with that.

    Why do people use it as a basis of calling Trump racist?
    Mainly because he seems to target ethnic groups that arent his own. It's kind of like Pauline Hanson, she goes after immigrants from Asia, the Middle East etc. You never see her go after immigrants from the UK who represent the majority of immigrants. Personally, Im for restricting immigration to Australia, but I think it starts with restricting immigration from the UK because that segment is what's really killing Australian jobs (namely because they take skilled positions).
    Moderator: Modern History, Legal Studies, Studies of Religion (SOR), Commerce/Business and The University of Notre Dame Australia

    Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -
    Ex-HSC Student (2010) ****
    Advanced English l Maths 2U l Economics l Legal Studies l Modern History l Studies of Religion I

  22. #272
    Cadet Son of Thatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    HSC
    2016
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Donald Trump

    I worry more about Trump's apparent penchant for executive overreach. Though many are commendable rollbacks of earlier executive decisions, it just seems like Obama all over again...
    2016 HSC

    Advanced English (89) | Business Studies (92) | Legal Studies (94) | History Extension (47) | Ancient History (92) | Modern History (92)

    ATAR: 97.55

    Bachelor of Communication (Social and Political Sciences), Bachelor of Laws @ UTS

  23. #273
    Cadet
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    HSC
    2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by boredofstudiesuser1 View Post
    Ok, I have a question which I don't understand. If the wall is intended to keep illegal immigrants out, but allows for people to legally enter the States, why are so many people against it (apart from the argument that the funding can be better spent - which is highly based on opinion of what is defined as 'better')? I feel like there's something I'm missing.
    It is symbolic of Middle-America exercising political agency and control. The optics of a 'wall' are triggering to those on the New Left who are more-or-less comfortable with the ongoing demographic displacement and economic marginalisation of middle-America. Media and political elites have spent decades letting these people down gently by instilling the idea that this is a secular trend that politicians have no control over. Those same elites are trying to write articles about how Trump's presidency is already a disaster, that he will be impeached in a year, etc.

    Trump will be successful because he will actually do what Bill Clinton said he would attempt in 1992, building the middle-class through higher-wage manufacturing jobs and tightening controls on illegal immigration, but has been left on the shelf by both parties' leadership since then.

    The US is undergoing a political re-alignment which will see Trump Republicans hold onto an electoral college majority in the near-to-medium through the White middle-class (including the rank-and-file union Old Left). Increasing numbers of this group will see Trump's 'get-er done', pragmatic patriot-style of governing, delivering tangible quality of life improvements, and on the other hand see the Democrats double-down on their identity politics, and choose the former.

    Made mid-five figures betting on Trump victory.

  24. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by enoilgam View Post
    Just because they've been made, doesn't mean they will be carried out to completion. When the wall is actually physically standing and replacement Obamacare legislation has been passed, then it will be more than just talk.



    That isnt talk, but it remains to be foreseen whether it will bring jobs back to the US.
    Anti-trumpists said he was lying about all of this stuff and he clearly wasn't. whether or not the rest of the government allows him to do these things is irrelevant as far as this point is concerned.

  25. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Macau
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Donald Trump

    Quote Originally Posted by Kolmias View Post
    Free trade creates jobs.
    It destroys manufacturing jobs and "creates" minimum wage service jobs and a bunch of finance jobs that average joes who lost their jobs can't do.


    Protectionism belongs back in Nazi Germany along with Trump.

    /endthread
    yeah bro trumps gonna kill 6 billion jews because there is less trade with china

    idiot

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •