Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Donald Trump

HSC

Re: Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by durrrrr View Post
    funny how you clowns are spazzing out over a fucking TWEET but think that Hillary's email saga is not important

un fucking believable
    The email saga where she was cleared of any wrongdoing by the FBI whilst Trumpy the Twiddler is under investigation for his links to Russia?

Don't try and claim the moral high ground on this. God only knows that conservatives are incapable of doing som
    HSC 2018: 4U English | General Maths | Economics | Legal Studies | Modern History
    ATAR Aim: 90.00
    Course Aim: Business @ UTS

Banned
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Kolmias View Post
    The email saga where she was cleared of any wrongdoing by the FBI whilst Trumpy the Twiddler is under investigation for his links to Russia?

Don't try and claim the moral high ground on this. God only knows that conservatives are incapable of doing som
    hillary objectively lied to the FBI and was cleared in spite of wrongdoing

she deleted the emails as an act of deception to save her own ass and deliberately misled investigators

trump deleted it because of a fucking spelling mistake you mong

how the fuck you acting self-righteous over a fucking spelling mistake

HSC

I love how these feminists come out in force detesting Trump by chanting 'Allahu Ackbar'. Fucking morons.

''Trump said 'Grab her by the pussy' - what a vile man, hang him by his balls! At least our candidate said nothing like that!'' Yeah, she was too fucking busy deleting emails and having her campaign bankrolled by Saudi Arabia - who if you didn't know, fund ISIS, indoctrinate fundamentalist Islamic teachings in their youth and oppress women to a horrifying extent (they could get into serious shit for going outside without male permission). Also, this is the same Saudi Arabia that Trump has detested.

Also, since you lefties care so much about the environment: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7544681.html

Seriously, everything Trump has done since becoming President I commend, I commend a great fucking deal. He's already outdone Obama's 8 year legacy in a couple of days and he's outdone it by a great margin.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell View Post
    I love how these feminists come out in force detesting Trump by chanting 'Allahu Ackbar'. Fucking morons.

''Trump said 'Grab her by the pussy' - what a vile man, hang him by his balls! At least our candidate said nothing like that!'' Yeah, she was too fucking busy deleting emails and having her campaign bankrolled by Saudi Arabia - who if you didn't know, fund ISIS, indoctrinate fundamentalist Islamic teachings in their youth and oppress women to a horrifying extent (they could get into serious shit for going outside without male permission). Also, this is the same Saudi Arabia that Trump has detested.

Also, since you lefties care so much about the environment: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7544681.html

Seriously, everything Trump has done since becoming President I commend, I commend a great fucking deal. He's already outdone Obama's 8 year legacy in a couple of days and he's outdone it by a great margin.
    Even before he became President he and his campaign had an impact- people are finally awake to the fact that cultural Marxism exists in the media, educational institutions and pretty much everywhere else.

Banned
    HSC

Valeu, Orwell and HoldingOn like this.

HSC

You are getting ahead of yourself. He hasnt replaced Obamacare, he hasnt brought back American jobs or built the wall yet. Not saying he wont, but he hasnt yet.
    Moderator: Modern History, Legal Studies, Studies of Religion (SOR), Commerce/Business and The University of Notre Dame Australia

Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -
    Ex-HSC Student (2010) ****
    Advanced English l Maths 2U l Economics l Legal Studies l Modern History l Studies of Religion I

Banned
    HSC

there have been executive orders though

HSC

So what. These things haven't been completed yet and that is the real test. Ill believe it when I see it (this has nothing to do with Trump personally, I just know talk is cheap when it comes to this stuff).
    Moderator: Modern History, Legal Studies, Studies of Religion (SOR), Commerce/Business and The University of Notre Dame Australia

Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -
    Advanced English l Maths 2U l Economics l Legal Studies l Modern History l Studies of Religion I

HSC

Pulling out of the Trans-Pacific trade deal has pretty much guaranteed an increase in American jobs.

Banned
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by enoilgam View Post
    So what. These things haven't been completed yet and that is the real test. Ill believe it when I see it (this has nothing to do with Trump personally, I just know talk is cheap when it comes to this stuff).
    TALK? Executive orders aren't talk for fuck's sake.

Banned
    HSC

herp a derp pulling out of TPP is just "talk"

HSC

TALK? Executive orders aren't talk for fuck's sake.
    Just because they've been made, doesn't mean they will be carried out to completion. When the wall is actually physically standing and replacement Obamacare legislation has been passed, then it will be more than just talk.

herp a derp pulling out of TPP is just "talk"
    That isnt talk, but it remains to be foreseen whether it will bring jobs back to the US.
    Last edited by enoilgam; 27 Jan 2017 at 10:37 PM.

Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -

HSC

Free trade creates jobs.

Protectionism belongs back in Nazi Germany along with Trump.

/endthread
    HSC 2018: 4U English | General Maths | Economics | Legal Studies | Modern History

HSC

Free trade creates jobs.
    The problem I have with this mentality is that creating jobs isnt necessarily an achievement. There's no point creating an additional 1000 jobs in finance when you're losing jobs in manufacturing. Also, the jobs created need to provide a living wage to people. The problem with free trade is the effects havent been properly managed.

That being said, I think rapid technological change has done more damage than free trade to jobs and I think this is an issue that will continue to get worse. The government needs to be proactive to ensure that people arent being left behind by free trade and technological change. I think governments worldwide have failed in this respect.

Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -

HSC

The problem I have with this mentality is that creating jobs isnt necessarily an achievement. There's no point creating an additional 1000 jobs in finance when you're losing jobs in manufacturing. Also, the jobs created need to provide a living wage to people. The problem with free trade is the effects havent been properly managed. The government hasnt done enough to ensure that people arent left behind.

That being said, I think rapid technological change has done more damage than free trade to jobs and I think this is an issue that will continue to get worse. The government needs to be proactive to ensure that people arent being left behind.
    I'm fail to understand why there is no point in creating 1000 extra jobs in finance whilst you lose manafacturing jobs. If more jobs are being created then are being lost, surely we have more people employed and more people spending?

The reason Trump won the election is because he is tapping into the long held white fear of "Mexicans and Chinese taking our menial jobs". Trump voters are annoyed because they are not able to secure the same cushy manafacturing job for life that daddy did, grandaddy did and so on. They want a life similar to what their ancestors did whilst looking back at a sepia toned, fuzzy image of the "good old days" of "white bread America" and the "the golden age of capitalism". They have failed to see that the world has moved on and that the times are a-changing.

HSC

I'm fail to understand why there is no point in creating 1000 extra jobs in finance whilst you lose manafacturing jobs. If more jobs are being created then are being lost, surely we have more people employed and more people spending?

The reason Trump won the election is because he is tapping into the long held white fear of "Mexicans and Chinese taking our menial jobs". Trump voters are annoyed because they are not able to secure the same cushy manafacturing job for life that daddy did, grandaddy did and so on. They want a life similar to what their ancestors did whilst looking back at a sepia toned, fuzzy image of the "good old days" of "white bread America" and the "the golden age of capitalism". They have failed to see that the world has moved on and that the times are a-changing.
    To my knowledge (which might be wrong), Trump isn't necessarily against American citizens of Chinese or Mexican descent who are legally in the states, receiving jobs open to Americans. I think the issue he has are that foreign companies are taking over American business because of certain laws and legislations that make it easier for foreign companies to invest in the American market. I don't think it's race he's targeting (as he doesn't seem to be against immigrants and foreigners in general - rather he is against illegal, non-citizens taking over the business of the country). I think the reason Trump is widely accepted as being racist is due to being a part of the majority - white, christian, male; if a dark/latino female was presenting these views on foreign businesses, I don't think she'd be criticised in the way the media makes Trump's arguments seem.

HSC

The people being made unemployed in manufacturing are the ones who need to benefit from the creation of those new jobs. There is little point creating new jobs in a sector of the economy where jobs are already available. That is where globalisation has failed, it has left too many people behind.

What is wrong with wanting this for yourself and your children? People want security, they want a job which is going to allow them to have a good future where they dont have to worry every second that there contract will end or their job will be shipped to China or Mexico. They want to earn a decent wage so they can afford a decent lifestyle. You say times have changed get used to it - so people are supposed to just accept the fact that life is getting harder and worse? So who really does benefit from free trade then in your argument?

Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -

HSC

Ok, I have a question which I don't understand. If the wall is intended to keep illegal immigrants out, but allows for people to legally enter the States, why are so many people against it (apart from the argument that the funding can be better spent - which is highly based on opinion of what is defined as 'better')? I feel like there's something I'm missing.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by boredofstudiesuser1 View Post
    Ok, I have a question which I don't understand. If the wall is intended to keep illegal immigrants out, but allows for people to legally enter the States, why are so many people against it (apart from the argument that the funding can be better spent - which is highly based on opinion of what is defined as 'better')? I feel like there's something I'm missing.
    It's expensive and the effectiveness is debatable.

Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -

HSC

It's expensive and the effectiveness is debatable.
    Yeah, I agree with that.

Why do people use it as a basis of calling Trump racist?

HSC

Yeah, I agree with that.

Why do people use it as a basis of calling Trump racist?
    Mainly because he seems to target ethnic groups that arent his own. It's kind of like Pauline Hanson, she goes after immigrants from Asia, the Middle East etc. You never see her go after immigrants from the UK who represent the majority of immigrants. Personally, Im for restricting immigration to Australia, but I think it starts with restricting immigration from the UK because that segment is what's really killing Australian jobs (namely because they take skilled positions).

Essay Guides:
    - Modern History
    - Legal Studies
    -

HSC

I worry more about Trump's apparent penchant for executive overreach. Though many are commendable rollbacks of earlier executive decisions, it just seems like Obama all over again...
    2016 HSC

Advanced English (89) | Business Studies (92) | Legal Studies (94) | History Extension (47) | Ancient History (92) | Modern History (92)

ATAR: 97.55

Bachelor of Communication (Social and Political Sciences), Bachelor of Laws @ UTS

Cadet
    HSC

It is symbolic of Middle-America exercising political agency and control. The optics of a 'wall' are triggering to those on the New Left who are more-or-less comfortable with the ongoing demographic displacement and economic marginalisation of middle-America. Media and political elites have spent decades letting these people down gently by instilling the idea that this is a secular trend that politicians have no control over. Those same elites are trying to write articles about how Trump's presidency is already a disaster, that he will be impeached in a year, etc.

Trump will be successful because he will actually do what Bill Clinton said he would attempt in 1992, building the middle-class through higher-wage manufacturing jobs and tightening controls on illegal immigration, but has been left on the shelf by both parties' leadership since then.

The US is undergoing a political re-alignment which will see Trump Republicans hold onto an electoral college majority in the near-to-medium through the White middle-class (including the rank-and-file union Old Left). Increasing numbers of this group will see Trump's 'get-er done', pragmatic patriot-style of governing, delivering tangible quality of life improvements, and on the other hand see the Democrats double-down on their identity politics, and choose the former.

Made mid-five figures betting on Trump victory.

Banned
    HSC

Just because they've been made, doesn't mean they will be carried out to completion. When the wall is actually physically standing and replacement Obamacare legislation has been passed, then it will be more than just talk.

That isnt talk, but it remains to be foreseen whether it will bring jobs back to the US.
    Anti-trumpists said he was lying about all of this stuff and he clearly wasn't. whether or not the rest of the government allows him to do these things is irrelevant as far as this point is concerned.

Banned
    HSC

Free trade creates jobs.
    It destroys manufacturing jobs and "creates" minimum wage service jobs and a bunch of finance jobs that average joes who lost their jobs can't do.

Protectionism belongs back in Nazi Germany along with Trump.

/endthread
    yeah bro trumps gonna kill 6 billion jews because there is less trade with china

idiot

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread Information