Florida nightclub shooting: 50 killed and 53 injured in 'act of terror' (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.smh.com.au/world/florida...s-shooting-in-us-history-20160612-gphhjf.html

The gunman was identified as 29-year-old Omar Mateen, a US citizen from Fort Pierce, Florida. He was known to the FBI, special agent Ron Hopper told reporters, and the subject of two investigations into terror links in 2013 and 2014. Those investigations were deemed inconclusive and closed, he said.
The shooter called 911 before the attack and spoke with an emergency operator in “general to the Islamic State”, Hopper said.
Mateen bought a long gun and a handgun legally in the last week, a spokesperson for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms said. “He is not a prohibitive person so he can legally walk into a gun dealership.”

Source:https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...-nightclub-shooting-terrorism-suspect-updates

One of Trump's tweets

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 6h
"Appreciate the congrats for being right on radical Islamic terrorism, I don't want congrats, I want toughness & vigilance. We must be smart!"
Source:https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

turntaker

HSC
That's America's gun laws for you :)

Also I don't get how someone can sneak huge guns into a night club.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just wondering how one crazy afghani can take down 50+ people solo. It took a whole crew of police and SWAT to stop him.
again, not that hard considering how crowded nightclubs are and people are intoxicated and have no idea what is going on

Orwell

HSC

It's not the gun laws that's the problem. It's the culture.

If you really wanted, you could amass a deadly arsenal here in Australia.

Just get Trump in there and stop these fucks from entering. I'm sick of reading headlines concerning muslim rampage on innocent civilians.

turntaker

HSC

Just get Trump in there and stop these fucks from entering. I'm sick of reading headlines concerning muslim rampage on innocent civilians.
He was born in the US

Orwell

HSC
He was born in the US
Yeah, but it's the religion in itself that corrupts the individuals. The Islamic culture promotes this sort of behaviour, whether you're a migrant or a home-grown terrorist, Muslims have a higher propensity to commit these heinous acts due to the religion in which they follow. Lets hope that something positive comes from this, for example Trump being elected and booting these terrorists to the sandy gutters where they belong.

Red_of_Head

HSC
Trump being elected and booting these terrorists to the sandy gutters where they belong.
I don't think Trump deporting such a large number of US citizens is going to happen, if that's what you're implying.

turntaker

HSC
So you're saying deporting people who were born in the US just because they are Muslim is a good thing to do?

Even if trump wanted to do that, it would be almost impossible.

Orwell

HSC
I'm more or less making the point that Trump acknowledges that problems stem from the Islamic faith.

Comensite

HSC
Muslims can not integrate with our superior western society simple as that, should leave them to rot in their sandy shitholes

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, but it's the religion in itself that corrupts the individuals. The Islamic culture promotes this sort of behaviour, whether you're a migrant or a home-grown terrorist, Muslims have a higher propensity to commit these heinous acts due to the religion in which they follow. Lets hope that something positive comes from this, for example Trump being elected and booting these terrorists to the sandy gutters where they belong.
lel

So you're saying deporting people who were born in the US just because they are Muslim is a good thing to do?

Even if trump wanted to do that, it would be almost impossible.
modern day hitler

Comensite

HSC
Wake up America ..Obama and his terrorist brothers are invading America ...Clinton and her sisters will be next to finish destroying our country !!! Mr Trump is a must as our next president !!

Comensite

HSC

please realize that on 9/11 /01 sixty times as many people were killed by radical Islamic terrorists as were killed in the Orlando attack, and there wasn't a single gun involved. But somehow this is a gun control problem, not a radical Islam problem? Ignorant. This terror attack is just another example of a RADICAL ISLAMIC TERROR PROBLEM, not a gun problem.

turntaker

HSC
please realize that on 9/11 /01 sixty times as many people were killed by radical Islamic terrorists as were killed in the Orlando attack, and there wasn't a single gun involved. But somehow this is a gun control problem, not a radical Islam problem? Ignorant. This terror attack is just another example of a RADICAL ISLAMIC TERROR PROBLEM, not a gun problem.
What about the school shootings and non-islamic acts of terrorism.

somethingman30

HSC
I don't wish to get involved in this argument, but I can't help but say that it is extremely idiotic to make the sweeping generalisation that there are NO non-islamic school shootings or acts of terrorism. If you would actually bother to research you would see that there have been various non-muslim acts of terrorism. Most forms of media are severely biased, and only tend to show the muslim acts of terrorism. However, that does not mean that only those acts exist. The Columbine shootings are just one example.

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC

You're right. It is a culture problem. A culture which prioritises gun ownership over human lives.

I do not doubt that homophobia motivated this despicable act, and I do not doubt that this homophobia ultimately stemmed from religion. However, non-existent gun laws are what allowed this hate to be acted upon.

And could you perhaps enlighten us about HOW you intend on amassing a deadly arsenal in Australia, should you want to?

name atleast one

hint: you can't
Right.

What about that shooting last year where a white supremacist murdered nine people attending a bible study session at a black church in the hopes of igniting a race war.

Or that shooting committed by another white supremacist who shot dead 6 people at a Sikh temple in Wisconsin?

Or that anti-abortion extremist (the fact that such people exist in the first place is astounding) who attacked a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado and killed 3 people?

Gun violence is an AMERICAN problem, not an ISLAMIC one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)