Pauline Hanson's One Nation Approved?? DISCUSS! (1 Viewer)

Do you approve of Pauline Hanson's One Nation Party?

• Total voters

Baggypants

HSC
So, lately Pauline Hanson has been shown a lot on the news networks lately and I'm curious to see how many people agree with her on the things she's said in the past.

She's said or wants the following things:
1. She wants a Royal Commission to investigate whether Islam is religion or a political ideology.
2. She has talked about how Asians are swamping Australia as if it was a terrible thing.
3. She wants the cleaning up of the Family Law Act and the child support.
4. We all know Pauline Hanson despises Muslims, yet she claims there are Muslim members in her party.

I'd like everyone to have a civilised discussion, or just post your personal opinion. Again, please be civilised.

Kolmias

HSC
Alright, she's a rascist idiot but even rascist idiots are entitled to their beliefs.

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
its always a bad thing when large amounts of foreigners move into somebody else's country

cookie_dough

HSC
N/A
she gains popularity by similarly small-minded people who enjoy with racist, small-minded blanket assumptions about religions and races. She plays the politics of fear and hate to get votes and it is disturbing

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
no need to be racist if you dont agree with her

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
she gains popularity by similarly small-minded people who enjoy with racist, small-minded blanket assumptions about religions and races. She plays the politics of fear and hate to get votes and it is disturbing
but the situation in europe PERFECTLY vindicates her views!

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
I won't let the media scare me like this.

The recent event in France is vanilla compared to what goes on in Australia's offshore detention centres.

Sure the French are living with heightened fear, but at least they are able to live with some freedom after the attack in Nice. Contrast to chronic, mass abuses occurring in offshore detention.

Yet, I don't recall seeing offshore detention news appearing to be as "terrifying" as the attack in Nice.

I voted "yes" in the poll... I disagree with Hanson's views, but she is entitled to them. What better way to express them than a political party?
The bad things happening in detention centres are being committed by....Muslims!

Also, people chose to go to those detention centres. The French are unsafe in their own home.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
I thought this was Australia, where women need to be represented in Parliament... trollface.jpg

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
Some abuses in detention centres are also committed by non-muslims.
But yeah, mostly muslims.

The fact that immigrants do these terrible things is proof that they DON'T belong in this country. NOT that we should be letting them in.

It's true that people chose to go to those detention centres... after all, they'd fear for their lives if they remained in their countries of origin.
First of all, it's complete bullshit that all of them are "fearing for their lives". Secondly, there's no need for them to come to australia if their sole aim is to not die.

It's true that the French are unsafe in their homes, but overall safer than in detention centres.
Again, the only reason anyone ends up in a detention center is because they choose to. The French have a right to live in peace. Immigrants don't have a right to come to Australia.

And in any case, just because someone else is more dangerous, doesn't mean your place isn't dangerous or that you shouldn't be worried.

It's like saying you shouldn't worry about HIV because other people worse diseases like brain cancer.

Last edited:

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
the most hated politicians in both british and australian history are conservative women

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
If most (or almost all) of the people in offshore detention are muslim, then it follows that most of the abusers among those people are muslim....duh... replace "muslim" with other ethnic/religious group, and same effect occurs.
No, you can't just assume that actually. If it were another group, it would probably be different.

If they stayed in their home countries, they'd die/ suffer shitty life. If they crossed the oceans to reach Australia, they'd die/ suffer shitty life under detention. These people chose Australia (and you know why).
Sure, some of these people chose Australia for economic reasons. But it's impossible to completely separate political from economic factors.

News Flash: Australia isn't the only other country in the world.

[facepalm]
It's true though. They don't have a right to live here.

You misinterpreted my comment.
How? You said that you won't let the media scare you about terrorism, because much worse is (supposedly) happening in detention centers. But what's happening there is irrelevant. There is either a problem in Europe or there isn't. The conditions in detention centers don't enter into things.

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
Neither can you, so let’s forget this point.
well given that violence and sexual crime rates are higher in muslim countries than non-muslim countries, its a fair assumption that non-muslims would experience less of these problems.

In any case, the point remains: Muslims are responsible for both the abuses in detention centres and terrorist attacks in the west.

They are not just coming to Australia, but also other countries with similar economic conditions to Australia. e.g. http://www.refugeehealth.govt.nz/about-us/refugees-and-asylum-seekers-in-new-zealandhttps://www.theguardian.com/austral...n-take-267-asylum-seekers-including-37-babies
A minute ago they were fearing for their lives...now, they're risking their lives to get somewhere rich.

Who isn’t scared of terrorrism?…… I was talking about Islamophobia in my 1st post of this thread, not terrorism.
Islamophobia is a propaganda term.

Every place has some degree of danger. But my opinion is that it’s safer in Nice.
SO WHAT? What does it matter that there's somewhere more dangerous?

Anyway, this article and other similar ones fuel fear, along with the sentiment that we should bar Muslims from entry into Australia (Hanson’s policy). Such a policy would just make incoming muslims hide their religion, along with their beliefs. Or maybe it wouldn’t…who knows?
Australia would be better off without muslim immigrants.

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
muslims arent a danger to westerners because a bunch of muslims are doing bad things in detention centers. Amazing logic.

Orwell

HSC
I agree. If you truly fear for your lives and we give you a way out, don't act like a displeased tourist.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)