Apparently, London has been attacked now (1 Viewer)

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
people being stabbed to death is a small price to pay for multiculturalism

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Apparently also, no signs of "radicalisation," if you elect to believe most media outlets, who are also not delving into the name of the individual (probably because he was a Norwegian Nation of Somali origin)... But hey, if his name was "John Smith" or something, the media will be on it like flies on dog shit... Love how the media is also dancing around the word terrorism (or Islam) as well... Fuck me, it's pathetic...

Infin-Noka

HSC
Dense indeed. Maybe a bit too dense for you. Best keep out of it and try to delve into something a bit simpler to understand.
That way, you might one day train yourself up to be able to grasp a few issues of the causes of it. Try your hardest!

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
Dense indeed. Maybe a bit too dense for you. Best keep out of it and try to delve into something a bit simpler to understand.
That way, you might one day train yourself up to be able to grasp a few issues of the causes of it. Try your hardest!
the causes are obvious. ISIS hates the west because we are not islamic. They say so in their own magazine. The only people who believe otherwise are hysterical leftists who have managed to convince themselves that muslims can do no wrong and that its all white people's fault

Infin-Noka

HSC
the causes are obvious. ISIS hates the west because we are not islamic. They say so in their own magazine. The only people who believe otherwise are hysterical leftists who have managed to convince themselves that muslims can do no wrong and that its all white people's fault
I swear there's a bingo card out there, and you've hit quite a few boxes. Leftist? Can you define what your definition of leftist is, as I'd honestly infer that someone who's on the left would support government intervention in economic and social affairs.

Ah, yes. The international representative of all who follow Islam, ISIS, endorsed by the 1.6 billion people on this planet, right.
You really should avoid grouping that like so, it doesn't make your argument stand strong when you put it that simply.
And it's honestly a gross simplification to attribute Islam as the core reason to terrorist acts being committed.

So, what are the causes of terrorism? As I have inferred from how you're putting it, it's simply as a result of people following a religion. Well, that's one way to put a single influential factor, but at the same time, I fail to see 500,000 or so Muslim terrorists in Australia.
So what are the other causes? Let me try and list a few which I understand are noteworthy contributors towards radicalisation,

- Lack of acceptance into society, whether it be discrimination, isolation, no hope for a future there, etc.
- Lack of meaning in life. You're less likely to go run off to Syria when you've got a non-terror-supportive girlfriend, a future to look towards, friends, caring family, maybe even a job, a sense of belonging (sorry to those who may have forgotten, enjoy the flashbacks).
- Anger towards the western worlds approach towards the people, their families, and their traditional places of residents. We can't really say that there are many supporters in the Middle East of the western worlds efforts in destabilizing the region after the oh so many wars fought there and the thousands upon thousands of civilians being killed there, continuing on today.

Those are only some causes which I have thought up in a short period of time, there are obviously many more, and damn, they're sounding more convincing to me than simply 'Islam'.
Yes, Islam does facilitate this extremism, but that's not what you should be tackling to stop this, unless you've got an anti-theist approach trying to rid the world of all religions and superstitions, or one tries to establish a degree of monoculture, no small one either.
You want to rid terrorism? I suggest that you give bored youth without meaning in life something other than a 'travel agent' who'll offer them projectile physics in an IS controlled university till the end of time.

These Islamic terrorists not only terrorize the general population, but also that absolute majority of contemporary and common Muslims around Australia, Europe, and many other developed nations. Do you have any idea of the fear and persecution that these terror attacks cause those of the Islamic religion? It's so much greater to those law abiding Muslims who'll be on the receiving end of the anger.
Have you talked to Islamic peoples stories about their persecution after events like the Sydney siege?
They change their everyday appearance so not to resemble someone who's a believer in their religion or of that cultural background.
They stay indoors and don't go out for fear of persecution for a crime they had not committed.
I'd find it hard to believe that you've heard of someone of the Islamic religion who had their son stay indoors with them for they fear what might happen to them after a terror attack.

I acknowledge that there are many religious crazies, to put simply. Christians with grudges and guns towards abortion clinics, cults undertaking mass-suicides and, of course, the many Muslims acting out there, but it's gross simplification, and a potentially dangerous idea to target particular groups in society. That'll only push more over to hating our society and prejudice and hate from some in our society to them, and that's what we all do not want more of.

Turkey... I honestly wished that the recent coup would've been a successful one and overthrown that authoritarian, abusive, and theocratic government. What's needed today is a modern day iteration of a coup, and how one would be developed.
No treason herre, though. Only for personal interests of political science and the like.

durrrrr

Banned
HSC
Ah, yes. The international representative of all who follow Islam, ISIS, endorsed by the 1.6 billion people on this planet, right.
You really should avoid grouping that like so, it doesn't make your argument stand strong when you put it that simply.
And it's honestly a gross simplification to attribute Islam as the core reason to terrorist acts being committed.
Are you a fucking stupid person or something? We were talking about the causes or terrorism and I discussed the motivation of those who carry it out. I never said all muslims. Learn to fucking read.

So what are the other causes? Let me try and list a few which I understand are noteworthy contributors towards radicalisation,

- Lack of acceptance into society, whether it be discrimination, isolation, no hope for a future there, etc.
If that is true, then it's an argument for restricting muslim immigration. If we have to worry about them becoming terrorists because they feel "isolated" then its better they don't come here at all.

- Lack of meaning in life. You're less likely to go run off to Syria when you've got a non-terror-supportive girlfriend, a future to look towards, friends, caring family, maybe even a job, a sense of belonging (sorry to those who may have forgotten, enjoy the flashbacks).
So, it's our fault muslims are a bunch of retards who can't function as normal adults.

- Anger towards the western worlds approach towards the people, their families, and their traditional places of residents. We can't really say that there are many supporters in the Middle East of the western worlds efforts in destabilizing the region after the oh so many wars fought there and the thousands upon thousands of civilians being killed there, continuing on today.
As I've already said though, ISIS tell us outright that their motivation for terrorism is that they hate the west for being unislamic.

Those are only some causes which I have thought up in a short period of time, there are obviously many more, and damn, they're sounding more convincing to me than simply 'Islam'.
Strange how terrorism is common to no other group than muslims though?

Do chinese people magically never feel hopeless or isolated?

These Islamic terrorists not only terrorize the general population, but also that absolute majority of contemporary and common Muslims around Australia, Europe, and many other developed nations. Do you have any idea of the fear and persecution that these terror attacks cause those of the Islamic religion? It's so much greater to those law abiding Muslims who'll be on the receiving end of the anger.

Typical muslim bullshit. Muslims murder non-muslims, but muslims are the real victims. Get fucked.

Have you talked to Islamic peoples stories about their persecution after events like the Sydney siege?
They change their everyday appearance so not to resemble someone who's a believer in their religion or of that cultural background.
They stay indoors and don't go out for fear of persecution for a crime they had not committed.
I'd find it hard to believe that you've heard of someone of the Islamic religion who had their son stay indoors with them for they fear what might happen to them after a terror attack.
You do realize that muslims are the most oppressive people on the planet, right? The majority of the world's muslims support the criminalization of homosexuality and homosexuality is illegal in most muslim countries. Christians are the most harshly persecuted religious group in the world because of their treatment at the hands of muslims in the middle east and north africa. You can be jailed or even executed for practicing or attempting to spread christianity in numerous muslim countries. Western muslims can cry me a fucking river since they never say a fucking word about these terrible misdeeds of muslims, and in many cases actually support them.

Muslims in the west are NOT persecuted. They CHOOSE to come here. If things are so bad, why are they still coming here? Why haven't they left? There's 50 muslim majority countries in the world for them to pick from. The reality is they want to leach off of Australia's welfare system but will still cry about having their feelings hurt.

I acknowledge that there are many religious crazies, to put simply. Christians with grudges and guns towards abortion clinics, cults undertaking mass-suicides and, of course,
There have been more muslim terrorist attacks this year alone than both of those two things combined ever in history. Which simply illustrates how much worse muslims behave than other religious groups.

the many Muslims acting out there, but it's gross simplification, and a potentially dangerous idea to target particular groups in society. That'll only push more over to hating our society and prejudice and hate from some in our society to them, and that's what we all do not want more of.
If we have to worry about someone becoming a terrorist because they get upset, that's simply proof they don't belong here. This is our country, we can say what we want. If you don't like then fuck off.

Turkey... I honestly wished that the recent coup would've been a successful one and overthrown that authoritarian, abusive, and theocratic government. What's needed today is a modern day iteration of a coup, and how one would be developed.
No treason herre, though. Only for personal interests of political science and the like.
Most muslims around the world support the extremist islamism of erdogan and are opposed to secularism.

Kolmias

HSC
At least, unlike the majority of the Alt Right, Saldiq Khan has the balls to stand up against fearmongerers and bigots.

One person killed in a stabbing is hardly international news worthy. Where's the articles about the rising domestic violence deaths in Australia? Where? Nowhere?

Is that because that sort of content doesn't sell. Much easier and much safer to run some fear mongering articles on this bullshit bogeyman of "Islamic terrorism".

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
At least, unlike the majority of the Alt Right, Saldiq Khan has the balls to stand up against fearmongerers and bigots.

One person killed in a stabbing is hardly international news worthy. Where's the articles about the rising domestic violence deaths in Australia? Where? Nowhere?

Is that because that sort of content doesn't sell. Much easier and much safer to run some fear mongering articles on this bullshit bogeyman of "Islamic terrorism".
Saldiq Khan is a cuck... No better word to describe him...

The reason why domestic violence arguably not prevalent within the media (even though I would argue otherwise, and even go to the extent to say that it is misrepresented, over exaggerated and over played), is because the so called Western culture has enjoyed a lull in the prevalence of domestic violence... With all statistics pointing to a downward trend in the prevalence of domestic violence (same cannot be said for the treatment of women in Middle Eastern countries)...

I find it hard to believe how a collective group, who is intent on establishing a global religious theocracy is, in your eyes, not news worthy... I find it hard to believe that the actions of an individual from the said collective is, in your eyes, not news worthy... This is a group who needs to be outed with every action put under a microscope, if you don't see that, you're part of the reason why these events continue to occur...

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
I swear there's a bingo card out there, and you've hit quite a few boxes. Leftist? Can you define what your definition of leftist is, as I'd honestly infer that someone who's on the left would support government intervention in economic and social affairs.
Left-wing aka progressive/SJW - there is a thread for that. SylviaB's reply to your post I haven't read yet, so I am not sure where it sits with me.

edit: SylviaB reply I have now read, and I don't think he has the respect in his reply. (Although he is passionate, maybe too passionate).

There is also a thread for that too. I have issues with Islam of course for different reasons, but there are verses in the Quran that can and have been taken as justification for violence and bloodshed.

Unfortunately for most non-religious, Islam is doing a terrible job on the PR front (sometimes Christians aren't much better sometimes).

So, what are the causes of terrorism? As I have inferred from how you're putting it, it's simply as a result of people following a religion. Well, that's one way to put a single influential factor, but at the same time, I fail to see 500,000 or so Muslim terrorists in Australia.
Depends what you mean by Islamic extremism. A Sunni Muslim for instance wouldn't be considered extreme by another albeit moderate Sunni Muslim, while a non-Muslim would see it more extreme. Australia does yes have a moderate Muslim population. Radicalisation is more than just to do with death-groups like IS or that.

As a warning before anyone does, please refrain from implying the Islamophobia card. While I understand the sendiment some what of people who draw that, I don't think that we should suddenly switch off and think what actually is going on, wrt Islam (application of Islam), more so.

Unfortunately your cause would stand except for the many wars fought there are mainly done in the name of Islam, or Islamic groups (although extreme) like IS.
Yes, Islam does facilitate this extremism, but that's not what you should be tackling to stop this, unless you've got an anti-theist approach trying to rid the world of all religions and superstitions, or one tries to establish a degree of monoculture, no small one either.
Of course not, I am a Christian, and frankly I disagree that bashing Muslims, is the solution either. Muslim people in the west need to take a firm stand against IS. Unfortunately most of them (particularly Shia) are viewed as scum anyways.

But I am precautious of using Waleed Aly, which somehow unintentionally links the actions of IS with Islamophobia. What you find is this is the real reason why people do these acts: is because it appeals to them. The ideological bent of IS appeals to them, their brutish ways etc.
But unfortunately there are still problems. The west, particular the media, is crippled by PCness, as people bent over backwards to make a real big deal about moderate muslims (we know), the issue is not the moderates, the issue is the extremists. I know for a fact, that the media makes a big deal when a Christian (or Jewish to a less extent) organisation fails etc. but turns somewhat a subtle blind eye to Islam.

You want to rid terrorism? I suggest that you give bored youth without meaning in life something other than a 'travel agent' who'll offer them projectile physics in an IS controlled university till the end of time.
Yeah that won't stop the problem.

Interesting comment, is a lot of Muslims in the Middle East, including Iran are turning to Christianity because they are deillusioned with Islam. The problem I have in the West, is yes it is nicer form of Islam that we see (generally speaking, excluding certain people but that is another thread), but it is completely different in states/countries where Islam is the state religion. And sometimes it is done alright, and in other cases there is problems.

If Muslims, want to make an impact I wouldn't see the issue with that. Also again be careful of drawing comparisons, as a Christian, I know and am well aware that Christians in the West are nowhere near as persecuted as Christians & Shia are in the Middle East. In fact, I will also say that it seems you are really exaggerating a problem that is not there. yes you have the likes of people in this forum, who express their much stronger distaste for Islam, than myself; and that is a view shared by Australians because of the links between what Islam teaches, and the practice of Islamic organisations.
Yes, so? Does that mean that somehow there isn't a need to address the issues at hand. It is not as simple as use another label. As I said a couple of paragraphs ago. A lot of Muslims, especially in Syria, Iraq and Iran are turning to Christianity, because they are deillusional with the teachings of Islam.
I acknowledge that there are many religious crazies, to put simply. Christians with grudges and guns towards abortion clinics, cults undertaking mass-suicides and, of course, the many Muslims acting out there, but it's gross simplification, and a potentially dangerous idea to target particular groups in society.
And yet it happens all the time, subtly. Some people in the media, really want to help "moderate Muslims", but bashing Christians, or more specifically the church, is not a solution (if the church needs a critique again a separate issue). The reaction to attack another religion so that one feels more comfortable, and I am not talking about a reasonable debate (even if it is heated). I am talking about the mentality/attitude of some, that in order to avoid the issues at hand, say well Buddhists are like this, Christians are like this.

Honestly I have three things to say on that:
1. Firstly, all humanity sucks and evil is not something limited to special people only (I am certainly not a humanist in that regard)
2. Just because one religion has specific problems at this time, doesn't mean we have to equate other religions on the same scale. The level of extremism in Islam is significantly more concerning than that in for instance Buddhism, simply because of the numbers.
That'll only push more over to hating our society and prejudice and hate from some in our society to them, and that's what we all do not want more of.
Here is an interesting question, do you hate what is evil and what is wrong?
Hmm... I think I get your point and I don't think you can have a peaceful resolution in this situation.

===
I do have one agreement though, is that fear fuels the fire. My disagreement is that, Islam is a religion that in my reserved opinion, is a religion that seems to promote such fear.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)