Chaos in Bonnyrigg High School: 'I didn't kill anyone' (1 Viewer)

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
"Ten minutes after the first bell rang out at 8.42am at Bonnyrigg High School on Thursday, chaos unfolded in popular science teacher Carolyn Cox's classroom.

Her Year 11 students were sitting in roll call, waiting for the bell for first period to ring at 8.55am, when one of their classmates allegedly walked into the room with an arsenal of weapons.

The quiet student, who had never come to the attention of the school's principal or the police, allegedly walked in, stabbed two students and Miss Cox then calmly walked out of the school gates.

'He didn't say anything," said a female student who was present. "Everyone was just in shock, we didn't really realise what had happened."

The south-west Sydney school immediately went into lockdown with scenes described by students as "chaotic" and "dramatic" as police flooded the grounds searching for the perpetrator.

"My heart was racing," one girl said.

Miss Cox, 43, was stabbed in the back, a 15-year-old female student was stabbed in the shoulder blade and a 16-year-old student was stabbed in the chest. All were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Two students told Fairfax Media that they think Miss Cox, a well-liked teacher who has been at the school for more than a decade, may have tried to intervene in a dispute, resulting in her being stabbed.

About half an hour, police found the student about 50 metres away in a supermarket carpark. He didn't resist arrest yet made bizarre remarks as he was calmly handcuffed in front of shoppers.

"Mack is dead, you hear me?" he said as police led him away. "Can youse tell my brother he has to watch out? I didn't kill anyone. You have to tell my brother."

In a black Adidas bag found with the boy, police found a box cutter knife, a large kitchen knife, a meat cleaver, a pair of scissors and two screw drivers.

His mobile phone and an empty water bottle also lay among the items.

Fairfield Local Area Commander, Superintendent Peter Lennon, said there was no obvious motive to the terrifying attack just four days into the school term.

"He is not know to the police or to the school principal in any fashion," he said. "It has come as a surprise to everybody."

he boy was not a difficult student, had no known issues with his alleged victims and was undergoing mental health assessments on Thursday night.

He was charged on Thursday evening with wounding with intent to murder and two counts of wound person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and will appear in a children's court on Friday.

On Thursday afternoon, the mother of one of the injured girls posted photos on Facebook showing her daughter smiling in a hospital bed.

However, she said she couldn't believe she found out about the attack via the news.

"When I heard the news this morning about my daughter I was shaking, crying and most of all worried about my daughter and the thing that upsets me even more is that the school didn't not contact me or the emergency contact number that I provided to them when they were supposed to contact me immediately as soon as it happened," she posted.

"Please parents be aware of what is happening at your child's school. I hope that this does not happen to anybody else's kids."

Superintendent Lennon said the school implemented a lock-down immediately and dealt with the incident "very, very professionally".

A spokesperson for the NSW Department of Education said counselling had been made available at the school for students and staff.

"As this is a police matter it is inappropriate for the department to provide further comment," the spokesperson said.

The classroom remained a crime scene on Thursday.

Source:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/chaos-in-bonnyrigg-school-i-didnt-kill-anyone-20170202-gu46g4.html

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
"Emergency services were called to the school on Elizabeth Drive, just before 8:45am today.

Police said the school was put into lockdown after the incident.

A 48-year-old female teacher was stabbed in the back, while two Year 11 students — a 16-year-old boy and a 15-year-old girl — were stabbed in the shoulder.

The woman and the boy were taken to Liverpool Hospital and girl was taken to Westmead Hospital.

All three are in a stable condition and their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

Another 16-year-old boy was arrested in a car park nearby and three knives were seized, police said.

The alleged offender was taken to Fairfield Police Station and is assisting police with inquiries.

Police said he was expected to be charged at some point today.

Incident a 'one off': police

Fairfield Local Area Commander Superintendent Peter Lennon said the student was not an "outstanding student, nor were there any other incidents that the principal knew the student had been involved in."

Two police with a teenager in between them in handcuffs.
PHOTO: Police say the school's principal did not know the alleged offender. (ABC News)
"We're in the process of speaking to witnesses and we have police at the hospital waiting to speak to the victims," he added.

Superintendent Lennon said it was a "a one-off incident".

"This is not terrorism related, this is a local issue at a local school.
Superintendent Lennon said the attack happened as the teacher was opening a classroom.

"The classroom is closed off as a crime scene," he said."

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-02/teenager-arrested-at-bonnyrigg-high-school/8234880

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
Those useless fucks at the dept of education want people to teach in West LOL

OkDen

HSC
Uni Grad
Wat's his First name?.....

Also, lucky he didn't have a gun or it would've been a OZ Columbine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)