Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Individuals have till August 24th to sign up to vote in the postal plebiscite

HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: Individuals have till August 24th to sign up to vote in the postal plebiscite

Quote Originally Posted by enoilgam View Post
    The law will contain religious protections from my understanding (which I do fully agree with). That being said, serving gays is like eating pork for Muslims - really. I guess Jesus only surrounded himself with people who held the highest moral standards of his time, like the pharisees - he certainly didnt cavort with tax collectors and prostitutes. To me, turning people away is not a very Christian thing to do, especially if you believe they are "sinners".
    Fair enough. For some it is a conscience issue.

In their view, they lack full equality before the law, much like many oppressed people from the past. For many gay people, this is about more than marriage, it's about undoing the last piece following years of societal oppression and being told how evil and bad they are.
    Fair enough. Although I don't think for them, it is also enough, at least the voice from them that is being heard.

I am all for them to get equal rights and all that, but surely there could a way of doing that without changing the definition of marriage?

Why not as is already done, celebrate the uniqueness and diversity of LGBTIQ relationships, as it is done at Mardi Gras, as (but not in my view), superior and more better, rather than just simply try to conform it to something which actually has a different role/purpose and function.
    Last edited by dan964; 12 Sep 2017 at 12:37 PM.
    2014 HSC
    2015 Gap Year
    2016-2018 UOW Bachelor of Maths/Maths Advanced.

Links:
    View English Notes (no download)
    Maths Notes - Free Sample

Currently working on an assignment, won't get back to you until tomorrow.

The pessimistic optimist. BLIT2014's Avatar
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: Individuals have till August 24th to sign up to vote in the postal plebiscite

Interesting to note, in France marriage is a state affair not a religious affair.

So many cases of people's partners (as they aren't married) being refused to comfort them during pregnancy/surgary as they aren't classified "kin" so currently people are all "equal" or protected under the law.
    Non scholæ sed vitæ discimus

Got 1-2 minutes ? Please do my survey :P https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8ZPYZSD
    Voting starts soon don't forget to vote in the the postal plebiscite!
    + Local elections are coming!
    Check your AEC enrollment address today : http://www.aec.gov.au/enrol/
    Turning 18 before November the 7th? You are eligible to vote!

HSC
    Uni Grad

Quote Originally Posted by BLIT2014 View Post
    Interesting to note, in France marriage is a state affair not a religious affair.
    Probably because France is a 'very' secular country, much more than Australia is.
    2014 HSC
    2015 Gap Year
    2016-2018 UOW Bachelor of Maths/Maths Advanced.

Links:
    View English Notes (no download)
    Maths Notes - Free Sample

Currently working on an assignment, won't get back to you until tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information