Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Veganism

  1. #26
    the head cheese cosmo 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    HSC
    2018
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    wackadoo cafe
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Veganism

    im a vegetable person and i only eat meat

  2. #27
    I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My bathtub
    Posts
    7,224
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by Squar3root View Post
    same

    AMA
    wat

  3. #28
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by BLIT2014 View Post
    Avoid Soy, and non-certified Palm Oil then sure go ahead and be Vegan.

    Not eating Beef won't mean that global warming won't happen.
    Sorry I wrote it so crudely
    Although it's is the single biggest contributor to global warming and it would reduce emissions

  4. #29
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by Squar3root View Post
    lets be honest, would you rather eat a 200g steak/sides or 250g of nuts
    Steak for sure

    But is taste a valid justification to cause the suffering and death of another animal?

  5. #30
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo 2 View Post
    would u eat a 200g steak for 200 million dollars
    Hell ye
    Use this money to minimise more harm than I've caused
    Simples

  6. #31
    listening to tapes Squar3root's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    HSC
    2017
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    welcome to ur tape
    Posts
    4,766
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by Patterns3 View Post
    Steak for sure

    But is taste a valid justification to cause the suffering and death of another animal?
    Yes imo

    It's just how the food chain works
    Free MX1 Notes: http://tinyurl.com/freeMX1notes
    B Engineering (I have no idea anymore) @UNSW IV

  7. #32
    I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My bathtub
    Posts
    7,224
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by Patterns3 View Post
    Steak for sure

    But is taste a valid justification to cause the suffering and death of another animal?
    No it's not but I don't think I have the willpower to quit eating it

    Hoping that lab grown meat becomes a thing asap

  8. #33
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    moey don worry
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Veganism

    cuz if you go vegan u really gonna fk over ur taste buds from the real good sht. In saying that even if u do stop eating meat and all that sht, animals are still going to be slaughtered to feed 75% of the earth. Morally it may feel right to stop eating meat but it doesn't really do much justice to animals as they're going to killed regardless.

  9. #34
    listening to tapes Squar3root's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    HSC
    2017
    Uni Grad
    2018
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    welcome to ur tape
    Posts
    4,766
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by Queenroot View Post
    No it's not but I don't think I have the willpower to quit eating it

    Hoping that lab grown meat becomes a thing asap
    Would u become a vegan If u had the willpower to do so?
    Free MX1 Notes: http://tinyurl.com/freeMX1notes
    B Engineering (I have no idea anymore) @UNSW IV

  10. #35
    I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My bathtub
    Posts
    7,224
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by DM_10 View Post
    cuz if you go vegan u really gonna fk over ur taste buds from the real good sht. In saying that even if u do stop eating meat and all that sht, animals are still going to be slaughtered to feed 75% of the earth. Morally it may feel right to stop eating meat but it doesn't really do much justice to animals as they're going to killed regardless.
    yeah but every change starts with one person

    And I would be at peace knowing I am not causing the suffering of any animals

    Quote Originally Posted by Squar3root View Post
    Would u become a vegan If u had the willpower to do so?
    Yeah

  11. #36
    I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My bathtub
    Posts
    7,224
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Veganism

    It's not just the meat industry that kills animals which is why I use vegan brands

  12. #37
    Exalted Member BlueGas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,377
    Rep Power
    4

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by Queenroot View Post
    yeah but every change starts with one person

    And I would be at peace knowing I am not causing the suffering of any animals
    This is exactly why I've at least considered being a vegan, because I don't like seeing animals suffer before death. But apparently this isn't really an argument to change someone's opinion about this matter, and I thought as well that by avoiding meat, what is that actually gonna do? They're not going to stop killing animals. So what's the point?
    Patterns3 likes this.

  13. #38
    I love trials pikachu975's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,956
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGas View Post
    This is exactly why I've at least considered being a vegan, because I don't like seeing animals suffer before death. But apparently this isn't really an argument to change someone's opinion about this matter, and I thought as well that by avoiding meat, what is that actually gonna do? They're not going to stop killing animals. So what's the point?
    Plants are life too
    Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.

    Solar Education - CHEAP Quality Tutoring

    Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    2016 HSC (Accelerated): // 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //
    2017 HSC: // English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //
    Goal: 99.8+

  14. #39
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGas View Post
    This is exactly why I've at least considered being a vegan, because I don't like seeing animals suffer before death. But apparently this isn't really an argument to change someone's opinion about this matter, and I thought as well that by avoiding meat, what is that actually gonna do? They're not going to stop killing animals. So what's the point?
    Why should a police officer even bother stopping a robbery ? It's not going to stop all crime?

    You avoiding meat DOES do something. One less animal is killed.

    Another thing is, more and more people are going vegan, and I'm sure this collective increase has done something indeed (coupled with the overall increased awareness of individuals to become health consious in general)
    Hangm3 and vegans_rule like this.

  15. #40
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by Squar3root View Post
    Yes imo

    It's just how the food chain works
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature

  16. #41
    I love trials pikachu975's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,956
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by Patterns3 View Post
    Why should a police officer even bother stopping a robbery ? It's not going to stop all crime?

    You avoiding meat DOES do something. One less animal is killed.

    Another thing is, more and more people are going vegan, and I'm sure this collective increase has done something indeed (coupled with the overall increased awareness of individuals to become health consious in general)
    One less animal isn't killed. They're not like "oh no guys someone went vegan, spare this cow". They'll kill the same amount, and it's just more meat for the rest of the world.

    Plus you're killing plants too which leads to less photosynthesis so in the end you're killing humans by reducing the quality of the air
    Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.

    Solar Education - CHEAP Quality Tutoring

    Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    2016 HSC (Accelerated): // 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //
    2017 HSC: // English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //
    Goal: 99.8+

  17. #42
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    One less animal isn't killed. They're not like "oh no guys someone went vegan, spare this cow". They'll kill the same amount, and it's just more meat for the rest of the world.

    Plus you're killing plants too which leads to less photosynthesis so in the end you're killing humans by reducing the quality of the air
    You are paying them money, which supports the animal agricultural industry

    I can give a $100 donation to ISIL. Surely they won't kill an extra person because of it.
    However the action is still immoral

    Next point


    1. Plants are not sentient. They do not feel pain

    2. Let's suppose that plants are sentient and we are killing humans by eating more plants

    This SUPPORTS veganism --} FAR less crops will be needed to be consumed (The majority of crops grown is to feed animals)

  18. #43
    I love trials pikachu975's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    HSC
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    1,956
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by Patterns3 View Post
    You are paying them money, which supports the animal agricultural industry

    I can give a $100 donation to ISIL. Surely they won't kill an extra person because of it.
    However the action is still immoral

    Next point


    1. Plants are not sentient. They do not feel pain

    2. Let's suppose that plants are sentient and we are killing humans by eating more plants

    This SUPPORTS veganism --} FAR less crops will be needed to be consumed (The majority of crops grown is to feed animals)
    Why does the fact they don't show visible pain take away from the fact that God made plants as well as animals? Plants are still life
    Offering tutoring for Biology, Maths, Maths Ext 1, and Maths Ext 2.

    Solar Education - CHEAP Quality Tutoring

    Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    2016 HSC (Accelerated): // 2U Maths (97) // SOR 1 (48) //
    2017 HSC: // English Adv // Bio // Phys // 3U Maths // 4U Maths //
    Goal: 99.8+

  19. #44
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    HSC
    2015
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    1

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    Why does the fact they don't show visible pain take away from the fact that God made plants as well as animals? Plants are still life
    Plants cannot feel pain. They do not have a nervous system to send pain signals or a brain to perceive them.

    BUT
    Let's assume they DO feel pain
    This supports veganism .
    Far less plants are 'killed' though a vegan diet
    pikachu975 likes this.

  20. #45
    Kosovo is Serbian RenegadeMx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    HSC
    2013
    Uni Grad
    2017
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,259
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Veganism

    vegan btw
    Patterns3 likes this.



    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdude View Post
    other bos-ers have a penis pic sharing club and i'm debating whether i want in on it or not


    ~just so i belong~
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdude View Post
    who cares about your timetable - you should be going into uni every day to study and do whatever regardless

  21. #46
    I complete the Squar3 Queenroot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    My bathtub
    Posts
    7,224
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Veganism

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGas View Post
    This is exactly why I've at least considered being a vegan, because I don't like seeing animals suffer before death. But apparently this isn't really an argument to change someone's opinion about this matter, and I thought as well that by avoiding meat, what is that actually gonna do? They're not going to stop killing animals. So what's the point?
    The point is that the blood is not on your hands

    "What's the point" mentality essentially kills any movement/protest. There's always going to be people that don't give a shit. But I have slowly changed my mind about a lot of things. So it's possible for open minded people to change.

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    One less animal isn't killed. They're not like "oh no guys someone went vegan, spare this cow". They'll kill the same amount, and it's just more meat for the rest of the world.

    Plus you're killing plants too which leads to less photosynthesis so in the end you're killing humans by reducing the quality of the air
    I beg to differ. You kill one plant but u plant another. Also, it's probably the paper/toilet paper/paper towel industry that is the biggest killer of trees.

    Hopefully technology outdoes paper in the next few decades.

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu975 View Post
    Why does the fact they don't show visible pain take away from the fact that God made plants as well as animals? Plants are still life
    They don't have a nervous system

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •