Veganism (1 Viewer)

Patterns3

HSC
But is there a single argument against veganism? Seems better for ur health Enviro etc

Also convinced that it follows from basic human rights (if u believe in universal human rights u should so be vegan using same logic)

This being said I'm eating pizza now cause I'm addicted

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC
better for the environment obviously

thats incontrovertible

dont know about health i think theres a good case to be made that vegetarianism at least is pretty healthy but all of those studies have correlational issues; any balanced, calorie restricted diet is probably pretty good for you

dont care about the ethical arguments but vegetarians have some comprehensible points there; vegetarianism is basically just an advanced form of liberalism and represents an expansion of the ethical sphere to animals

Last edited:

Patterns3

HSC
better for the environment obviously

thats incontrovertible

dont know about health i think theres a good case to be made that vegetarianism at least is pretty healthy but all of those studies have correlational issues; any balanced, calorie restricted diet is probably pretty good for you roughly in about the same degree

dont care about the ethical arguments but vegetarians have some good points there; vegetarianism is basically just an advanced form of liberalism and represents an expansion of the ethical sphere to animals
Vegetarianism is different
In a modern context , drinking milk (which is acceptable if you are vegetarian) does more harm to animals than actually eating meat

I don't see why people are vegetarian. (Religious reasons aside, but that's another story)

Patterns3

HSC
yeah nah

veganisms just a more extreme version of vegetarianism

still the same shit and largely the same points apply
Are vegan diets morally superior to both omnivorous and vegetarian diets?

I say yes

I agree with you in terms of health benefits
It only seems marginally better to become vegan if you are already a health consious person (mortality rates)

Patterns3

HSC
There's legit no real reason to be vegan
Minimise the suffering and death of animals?
http://www.greenpeace.org/internati...ng-amazon-soya-moratorium-renewed/blog/56418/

I think most people should eat more vegetables and fruits, but drinking "Soy" Milk also just adds to the enviromental chaos if individuals are doing it for enviromental reasons.
Didn't know this :eek:
But again,
No beef = no global warming
No beef = no food shortage (if we grew grains to feed Humans directly, instead of feeding it to animals, we would have an insane amount of food)
No beef = no water shortage (the amount of water used up per pound of beef is INSANE when you include the water needed to grow crops)

The majority of land clearing and the reason for the depletion of Amazonian forests occurs so we can create farms to produce meat

Although soy isn't any better, these reasons are pretty good?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
But again,
No beef = no food shortage (if we grew grains to feed Humans directly, instead of feeding it to animals, we would have an insane amount of food)
No beef = no water shortage (the amount of water used up per pound of beef is INSANE when you include the water needed to grow crops)

The majority of land clearing and the reason for the depletion of Amazonian forests occurs so we can create farms to produce meat

Don't make up bs "don't kill animals" because clearly plants are life made by God too so you're causing suffering to plants anyway

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad
it is a nightmare for a restaurant, its so fkn annoying

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
But again,

Avoid Soy, and non-certified Palm Oil then sure go ahead and be Vegan.

Not eating Beef won't mean that global warming won't happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)