Another beheading.... (1 Viewer)

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
What are you thoughts?
I feel so sorry for the poor guy and his family....
These Iraqi captors disgust me, they are barbaric pigs.... and this whole"we can"t give into terrorists"crap...
I'd like to see what the circumstances would be if Tony Blairs life was in danger and he was in risk of being killed/beheaded.... I'm sure things would be different....

Heres the article:
Bigley family confirms hostage's killing
09:53 AEST Sat Oct 9 2004

AP - British hostage Kenneth Bigley was killed by his captors in Iraq, his brother Phil and the British government said.

"We can confirm that the family has now received absolute proof that Ken Bigley was executed by his captors," Phil Bigley said in a statement on national television in Britain. "The family here in Liverpool believe that our government did everything it possibly could to secure the release of Ken in this impossible situation."

Foreign Secretary Jack Straw condemned the killing.

"Now that this terrible news has been confirmed, I want to offer the family and friends of Kenneth Bigley my deepest condolences," he said. "This is a barbaric murder following three weeks of terrible suffering for his family."

Bigley was kidnapped in Baghdad on September 16 along with two Americans, Eugene Armstrong, 52, and Jack Hensley, 48. The two Americans were beheaded a few days later.

"It could be that the fate of Ken, Eugene and Jack was sealed from day one. We will never know," Phil Bigley said.

He asked for privacy for the family as they adjust to the news, especially his 86-year-old mother Lily. "Our mother is home from hospital and wants me to thank everyone for all of the kind thoughts and wishes and tell you that she will remain strong for the family.

"For those who have prayed for Ken and our family from all religious backgrounds, we thank you from the bottom of our heart."

Phil Bigley said the members of his family might not all react to the crisis in the same way.

"How we all as individuals handle crisis situations will differ from person to person, family member to family member. It's important to be considerate of one another's view and actions," he said.

In a separate written statement, Kenneth Bigley's other brother Paul criticised Prime Minister Tony Blair over the Iraq war.

"Please, please stop this war and prevent other lives being lost. It is illegal and has to stop. Mr Blair has blood on his hands," said Paul Bigley, who had often appeared on television to make appeals for his brother's release.

As recently as Monday, Paul Bigley had said he believed his brother was now in the hands of a more moderate group in Iraq. His comments came amid media reports in Kuwait claiming that the fundamentalist Tawhid and Jihad group was considering selling him to another militant group.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I would like to see what Billy Connolly is muttering right about....now.

Generator

HSC
N/A
So? He's a comedian, and when they start feeling the need for self imposed moderation then we know that life is stuffed for us all.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Sarah168 said:
I would like to see what Billy Connolly is muttering right about....now.
what does he have to do with this?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Generator said:
So? He's a comedian, and when they start feeling the need for self imposed moderation then we know that life is stuffed for us all.
A comedic performance is a poor excuse(of you could call it an excuse) for harsh insensitivity toward a fellow human being's fate. There is a line drawn for all human beings. He crossed that line.

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
At the Carling Apollo, Hammersmith, London on Monday night, Connolly was reported to have asked the audience: "Perhaps I shouldn't be saying this . . . aren't you the same as me, don't you wish they would just get on with it?"

Well, they did.

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
pretty sad really, especially when he was begging for his life the other week. Makes you think if these extremist groups have any decency.

anybody know about the background on the groups demand to have women in custody released in iraq?

Tusitula

cute (ugly but adorable)
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
I'd like to see what the circumstances would be if Tony Blairs life was in danger and he was in risk of being killed/beheaded.... I'm sure things would be different..
I thought it was courageous on blair's part (or any other leader) not to have given in to the demands. you need a leader who isn't scared to budge from his position irregardless of public opinion or the safety of one individual.

i would think (if i was a terrorist) that if my demands were met one day because i captured a few hostages, then certainly the next day i'd go hunting for a few dozen more.

as for the whole iraqi invasion, this is one of the few situations (IMO) that the ends justifies the means.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Tusitula said:
pretty sad really, especially when he was begging for his life the other week. Makes you think if these extremist groups have any decency.

anybody know about the background on the groups demand to have women in custody released in iraq?
yeh he was begging for his life , and his country didn't help him...

It dosn't make me think "IF" these extremist groups have any decency"
I know they "DO NOT "have any decency.... look what they are doing... their actions prove that they are not decent and shows they are barbaric and not human....

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
but what the americans/brits did was also atrocious.
it's a two way thing.
no winners ever emerge from war.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
mack said:
Have you heard that Plato saying-"Only the dead have seen the end of war"?

Who agrees with it?
*raises hand*
manwhore reply to my pm.

Comrade nathan

HSC
Here here lion.

Take note that the men that have had their heads chop off knew excactly what they were getting into. They knew there was a chance that they would not be coming out of Iraq alive. I think its rather naive to have simpathy for this people in a way that makes it look like they were totale innocent and didnt have a clue what they were doing. It is very sad what happen that they were excututed but they all knew it may come to this.

Who believe that maybe the US of British are holding women capitive in Iraq. Maybe they are for intelligence reasons.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
The only women the coalition is holding are two Iraqi weapons scientists.

tattoodguy

I agreeee, alot of these pple beheaded are just gready mofo's who have gone into iraq to make a quick buck from the iraqie's sufferering and to help the coalition invade the country.

I have a bit of sympathy for charity workers there helping out though, but not much for the gready contract workers.

Secondly, the point tony blair being brave for taking a stand etc............like most politicians you cant call them brave for ...being 3000 miles away in an office while they send other brave ppple to fight and die. It Takes no guts or balls to have other ppple doing the dirty work for you.

Lastly, i consider those terrorists..good people ---------- i admire them for taking a stand. IN war, there is no need to be merciful - I have no problem ppple killing kids etc ----- america atom bombed japan --- killing civilians .....that was the biggest pusssy act ive eveer seeen -------- to me thats alot worse than these beheadings ----------------

I Consider alot of terrorists extremely brave people who fight for a noble cause. Good on them and gooood luck to osama bin laden and zarkoweee <--- however u spell his name -------------- there both champions.

John Kerry is brave - thats one of the only politicians i sort of respect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)