smokking banned in clubs / pubs (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
what do you think?

i'm very happy. i'm just wondering if anyone is against this and why.

ohne

HSC
I support it, it may have a detremental affect on pubs and clubs in the short term, but over the long term it should be effective. I think it is necessary for helath reasons.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
haha u should see this issue when it was brought up in the croatian forum..
(alot of croatians are heavy smokers)
im all for it.. smoking is disgusting and other people shouldnt have to be exposed to its harmful effects

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
I agree. I heard people on the news saying they were pissed off because it's a legal substance so they should be allowed to smoke it but puh-lease, think of the people around you! why force them to smell that crap! someone may as well force you to eat your most hated food. ugh.

i don't think it'll have much effect on business. it's just become one of the done things. even in the short term i don't think business will be bad because what are people going to do instead?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I dont have a problem banning it indoors.

However, the proposal to ban it in community areas and parks gives me a serious case of the shits.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Personally, I'm against smoking, but taking away peoples rights to smoke is wrong. They should have seperate bars, one for smokers and another for non-smokers.

When it comes down to it, its just a blatant case of discrimination.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Personally, I'm against smoking, but taking away peoples rights to smoke is wrong. They should have seperate bars, one for smokers and another for non-smokers.

When it comes down to it, its just a blatant case of discrimination.
Under your logic allowing people to smoke where they want infringes upon non-smokers does it not? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
Under your logic allowing people to smoke where they want infringes upon non-smokers does it not? :rolleyes:
I totally agree...I'd much rather walk around naked than get dressed in the morning. However, I'd only do this if the other sex followed suit.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
I totally agree...I'd much rather walk around naked than get dressed in the morning. However, I'd only do this if the other sex followed suit.
Nice reply :p

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
I'm saying that they should have seperate bars for smokers to go.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
a welcome change :D:D:D
I know!!! Asquithian, your not complaining about government policy!!! I guess it is Labor Policy though.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
It is a bit hypocritical to ban smoking for the good of others while forgeting the far more serious harm caused by overly large cars and fossil fuel burning plants.

To this day there is no report conclusively linking every day passive smoke to any illness.

The only time it is any real threat is when you work at a pub or club for many years (think 40 years to have an increase chance of cancer by 40%).

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
they should just burn every single tobacco field, as well as the companies

then smokers will eventually have to stop.

lengstar

HSC
i think its a great idea, and i support it.
even though i'm against smoking, thornydevil's idea of 'smoking pubs' is a good one. an idea i suggest would be for bar's to buy licences to be a 'smoking' venue with workers who sign documentation stating they do not mind working in these venues as they already smoke or whatever and understand the employment hazards that come with this occupation. its no different from working in other employs with hazards like mining/radiology/steel mills. though 'beer gardens' are exempt from this new legislation.

Bone577

HSC
N/A
lengstar said:
i think its a great idea, and i support it.
even though i'm against smoking, thornydevil's idea of 'smoking pubs' is a good one. an idea i suggest would be for bar's to buy licences to be a 'smoking' venue with workers who sign documentation stating they do not mind working in these venues as they already smoke or whatever and understand the employment hazards that come with this occupation. its no different from working in other employs with hazards like mining/radiology/steel mills. though 'beer gardens' are exempt from this new legislation.

Indeed.

Im a heavy smoker, i hate imbeciles who tell me im killing them while smoking in open air, but it is understandable with pub/club workers.

Make multiple clubs, i don't mind the segregation, but i do mind going to a pub and not being able to smoke, not realy a pub anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)